OT: - Cow Appreciation Day | The Boneyard

OT: Cow Appreciation Day

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Who knew there was such a thing. :eek:

Im a bit conflicted.... do I celebrate by eating a couple of cheeseburgers and roast beef and cheese sandwiches..... or do I save a few cows and abstain from eating beef today
scratch.gif
scratch.gif

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
"Once upon a time and a very good time it was, there was a moocow...". Once upon a time I was that "nicens" little boy.

So two cows were standing together. One cow said to the other, "Did you hear about that mad cow disease?" The other cow said, "Yeah, I heard". "Well", said the first, "aren't you worried?". "Nah", says the second cow. "Why not?", says the first. "Because", says the second, "I'm a duck".

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Sorry Bama fan. I grew up on a dairy farm. Trust me - cows fart. They also belch. In any case I don't enjoy either one.
Whether they fart or belch is immaterial. I trust your judgement and hence will endeavor to avoid either effuse. The fake news is that "politicians" said that cow farts will be the end of us. One more instance of ill informed people with an agenda spouting out false claims. I have looked for that bovine breaking wind claim in print on any formal document and cannot find it. There was a draft that purportedly mentioned it written by some junior staffers that was never published as an official document by any organization. That was the gist of my post. Plus I like "Cheeseburger in Paradise". Which way do I steer?

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Whether they fart or belch is immaterial. I trust your judgement and hence will endeavor to avoid either effuse. The fake news is that "politicians" said that cow farts will be the end of us. One more instance of ill informed people with an agenda spouting out false claims. I have looked for that bovine breaking wind claim in print on any formal document and cannot find it. There was a draft that purportedly mentioned it written by some junior staffers that was never published as an official document by any organization. That was the gist of my post. Plus I like "Cheeseburger in Paradise". Which way do I steer?

Better get it quick. There's only one restaurant left. In New Jersey no less.

Last edited:

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score

AOC - "It is an issue . . . " Hope the mods understand the topic is cow flatulence - not politics or fake news. :)

Bama fan

Reaction Score

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Puxa Vida !!! :confused:

Anyway.... whether cattle pass gas or belch is immaterial in celebrating man's best friend... the cow.

My favorite cow related video of 2019

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
A moment of silence for the cow, who gave its life to provide me dinner. You did not die in vain :cool:

This seems like a fun event to watch..... one of these days perhaps I'll attend in person.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
. Plus I like "Cheeseburger in Paradise". Which way do I steer?

Don't mean to horn in on your debate, but what do you call a cow with no hind legs and no fore legs?

Ground beef.

What do you call a cow that has had an abortion?

De-calf-inated.

image.gif

x

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Cows rock. For the most part they are gentle, curious animals.

Several times when we go to my father's hometown.... we pass a stretch on the highway leading into town, and my father points out... there is the birthplace of Bessy Lou. I used to
scratch.gif
my head and think to myself... I dont remember any great aunt's named Bessie. Turned out Bessy Lou was my father's pet cow when he was a youth. He spoke fondly of her. I forget what happened to ol Bessy Lou.... not sure if my Grandfather sold her off after my father left home or not. I'll have to ask

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
a day without some cow based food is like a day without sunshine.
on the udder hand... Carbon, Methane Emissions and the Dairy Cow
I've studiously weighed the data, and have concluded...…..don't touch my burger (with cheddah). we're goin for milkshakes later, should we bring back one for you? vanilla or chocolate?

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Don't mean to horn in on your debate, but what do you call a cow with no hind legs and no fore legs?

Ground beef.

De-calf-inated.

View attachment 44666

x
Horn in? Really? Tell me you meant to do that! BTW, de-calf-inated is quite clever too. I have no beef with any of it.;)

JordyG

Reaction Score
Puxa Vida !!! :confused:

Anyway.... whether cattle pass gas or belch is immaterial in celebrating man's best friend... the cow.

My favorite cow related video of 2019

The cow said "I'll be $%#& is some bulldog is going to bite my style.

JordyG

Reaction Score

Ground beef.

De-calf-inated.

View attachment 44666

x
What would you say if I said I saw a cow that flies, eats caviar and plays chess?

Bullspit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom