COVID Spring/Summer Round 2: Whatcha planning? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

COVID Spring/Summer Round 2: Whatcha planning?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Awesome you guys had a great turn out. We are getting tons of radio silence from the places we normal played pre covid and a few places closed down. We have even offered to play for free at some of our regular places to help them back on their feet. We have a couple of parties booked this summer and we are doing a charity event for free in June but nothing else. Hoping things pick up as people get more comfortable being out.

There were a few places I had relationships with pre covid that were setup to handle outside, and we were blessed with great weather last weekend . People are chomping at the bit to get back out there. They are more than comfortable, at least our crowd is (and you know who those types are).... Im not really ready for indoors gigs yet, but I have one coming up in a couple weeks. The rest of summer booked outside.

I think now that state guidance is more defined, you will get much more action.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yes, until May 29th I believe. Even if it was just indoors I could almost see it. It was inspired by findings in the UK that pubs were a source of spread as people drink and stop distancing. Outdoors? Makes no sense at all. Yesterday we lucked out and the place simply didn’t have food.

So far my symptoms are sore arm. That’s it. Headache but that could be sinuses.

@August_West do you ever play in MA or RI?

Yes and yes,
Playing Dover VT (not far over Mass border on 91) on 7/10...... have something in RI in August.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
My wife and I are in the process of closing on our first home, so as long as June 4th gets here without incident, I’ll be able to breathe.

Being able to go to Pirates games, miserable as they may be, is fantastic. My permanent seat wasn’t available thus far due to distancing, but I should be able to get back to it starting in June. The temporary seat they gave me is probably a “better” seat but I absolute love where I sit normally (front row, LF, right on the field) so I’m looking forward to watching a game from there again.

With concerts coming back, we just got tickets for Eric Church, Midland, and Weezer so that’s definitely a welcome thing to look forward to.

All in all, it’s so nice that life is coming back. With all the issues other parts of the world are still having, I feel very fortunate to have finished my last round of vaccination and experiencing the fun parts of life again.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
With concerts coming back, we just got tickets for Eric Church, Midland, and Weezer so that’s definitely a welcome thing to look forward to.
Funny I was just looking at tix for Weezer and Green Day at Citizens Bank Park in August.

Good luck on the closing. Its a jungle out there these days!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Allegheny Parks Dept just released the free concert schedule for this summer. These are all outside, two different venues. Have seen a number of great acts over the years. This year doesn't have a "big" name, but does have some good talent. I imagine we'll go to Albert Cummings, probably Sprio Gyra, and the Jayhawks (hopefully they still play some early stuff). Couple of others we're considering - Low Cut Connie, of whom I'm ambivalent on the music but the live show is supposed to be one of the best currently (but no idea if that's the case for a "free" show), and for nostalgia's sake, we might go to the AWB show. Probably also hit up one of the symphony dates.

Wasn't sure they were going to do a series this year, but happy they are.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Allegheny Parks Dept just released the free concert schedule for this summer. These are all outside, two different venues. Have seen a number of great acts over the years. This year doesn't have a "big" name, but does have some good talent. I imagine we'll go to Albert Cummings, probably Sprio Gyra, and the Jayhawks (hopefully they still play some early stuff). Couple of others we're considering - Low Cut Connie, of whom I'm ambivalent on the music but the live show is supposed to be one of the best currently (but no idea if that's the case for a "free" show), and for nostalgia's sake, we might go to the AWB show. Probably also hit up one of the symphony dates.

Wasn't sure they were going to do a series this year, but happy they are.

We usually head to the South Side Johnny shows when they bring him in. Good to see those are coming back

Reaction Score
We usually head to the South Side Johnny shows when they bring him in. Good to see those are coming back
I got tickets for Southside Johnny, Straight No Chaser, plan on tickets (not for sale yet) for Towe of Power, Earth, Wind & Fire and Lynyrd Skynrd. Volunteering for a 9 more at the outdoor venue near me. Some bands I'm not familiar with - but can never pass up live music - so I'll usher, do concessions, scan tickets - anything to get in without paying on a nice summer evening.

Reaction Score
Covid has taken away many opportunities but in my case it presented a unique experience. Due to the Blue Jays not being able to play in Canada at this time, I was able to watch the Sox play Toronto at Toronto's spring training park in Dunedin FL. The park only holds 8500 but with social distancing there were probably 4000 fans or so. It sure is nice to watch baseball live again. I also watched Stetson play the other night in Deland while the rocket launch could be seen during the game.

I am looking forward to more live music in the future. I was at a bar the other day and was able to hear some live music for the first time. That was great but the random conversations with people I may never see again was also fun and was missed by me during the past 14 months.

Reaction Score
Ditto on the live shows. One of the best locations that I have ever seen for a live show was South Side Johnny at Block Island back in the early 2000s. I believe it was at the Spring House with the band playing on the huge lawn with a great view of the Atlantic. Good times.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I have barely done anything in public the last year...but with the Blue Jays playing at least June in Buffalo, I scooped some Jays-Astros tickets.

You can choose “distanced” or “fully vaccinated” seating, so I’m going to be enjoying a nice Sunday of MLB ball downtown with a couple friends, and I’m geeked.

Can’t wait until Artpark is opened up with some outdoor live music.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My Black Crowes show was postponed and I have no interest in going to Saratoga when the track isn't running.

Reaction Score
I had the opportunity to see Vanilla Ice in Cocoa Beach tonight but passed. I would have gone if free for curiosity but I believe the tickets were $35. This is all part of Thunder on Cocoa Beach Offshore racing. I will check out the racing tomorrow.

Reaction Score
After over two months of inactivity, how has everyone's summer plans held up?

Two nights at the North Shore was a perfect start to the summer. A week in Phoenix was good to see my wife's side of the family and weather was surprisingly mild: just three of the days above 100 and we managed to dodge one of the CT heatwaves. A week after that, we hosted our oldest niece who just graduated HS. First time out east in six years. We spent most of our time in Brooklyn, but she enjoyed the Norwalk beach and we spent the last night walking around the Lower East Side and West Village until 2 AM, which was a highlight. First time in Manhattan since covid, so it was nice to see the city lights.

Our last big plan of the summer starts tomorrow with a 6:30 AM flight to Puerto Rico and three nights at the Royal Sonesta in San Juan for our one-year delayed five year anniversary trip. It's weird getting ready for a trip without any real plans: most of our time will be spent being lazy at the hotel, but I'd feel remiss if we don't spent an afternoon/evening in Old San Juan, maybe rent a car to drive to the rainforest, if we're feeling spicy.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Better do everything soon because we’re teetering on another round of mandates.

Reaction Score
We're pretty much back to normal. Brunch on Sundays, hitting our regular restaurants. Wife and I took a beach vacation in June. We visited southern relatives as well. Will take another trip to see in laws in August. My wife has traveled by air.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Our last big plan of the summer starts tomorrow with a 6:30 AM flight to Puerto Rico and three nights at the Royal Sonesta in San Juan for our one-year delayed five year anniversary trip. It's weird getting ready for a trip without any real plans: most of our time will be spent being lazy at the hotel, but I'd feel remiss if we don't spent an afternoon/evening in Old San Juan, maybe rent a car to drive to the rainforest, if we're feeling spicy.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!
Does the Bacardi tour still offer three free drinks per person? Start your day there for breakfast, lol.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Latest plans. Heading to South Yarmouth for a long weekend. Booked a nice B&B for me and the Mrs. My daughter and two friends will stay at my wife’s aunt’s house about 5 minutes away. Can go to the beach or do things together or leave the girls to whatever.

Newport for our Anniversary over Labor Day. Then Nashville with another couple late September into October. Southwest has already mangled that by changing our flights, both ways.

There aren‘t really any decent options I can see for long vacations without running into Covid related restrictions. So these long weekend 3-4 day trips seem like the best option. Frustrating but making the best of it I suppose. July has been so miserable I’m hoping August makes up for it.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to the Stones show in Tampa at end of October. I saw a free concert with the Beach Boys and John Stamos on Ft. Lauderdale Beach on the fourth. Of course, Mike Love was the only original and he is 80. Still an experience that I am glad I witnessed. Unfortunately, I came down with Covid but I am fully vaxed so I only had mild symptoms and back to normal now. My next big event is a family wedding outside Boston in December.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom