COVID Spring/Summer Round 2: Whatcha planning? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

COVID Spring/Summer Round 2: Whatcha planning?

Baltic

Baltic
Reaction Score
So what are you planning on doing more of these coming seasons? Any changes from last year, especially now with vaccines being rolled out? What are you looking forward to resuming or doing?

For me its finally visiting family members who are vaccinated. Will do the hotel thingy - road trip, now that my wife and I are vaccinated. Still not flying, unless necessary especially now with middle seats being occupied. Still no vacation(s) scheduled this summer, that may change. If so it would be more of the outdoor sightseeing kind.

Also I had a concert rescheduled (indoor), I think I can handle 2 hours listening in a mask. Its only 1 concert but that will do it for a while.

Golfed and Fished last year that will continue. Will also be taking the bikes to different paths around the State.

I will try and get back to some normalcy (with safety and awareness) and still avoid large crowds. Whatever is planned will be an outdoor theme, we were pretty much locked down last year this time, relegated to our backyard.

Baltic

Baltic
Reaction Score
So what are you planning on doing more of these coming seasons? Any changes from last year, especially now with vaccines being rolled out? What are you looking forward to resuming or doing?

For me its finally visiting family members who are vaccinated. Will do the hotel thingy - road trip, now that my wife and I are vaccinated. Still not flying, unless necessary especially now with middle seats being occupied. Still no vacation(s) scheduled this summer, that may change. If so it would be more of the outdoor sightseeing kind.

Also I had a concert rescheduled (indoor), I think I can handle 2 hours listening in a mask. Its only 1 concert but that will do it for a while.

Golfed and Fished last year that will continue. Will also be taking the bikes to different paths around the State.

I will try and get back to some normalcy (with safety and awareness) and still avoid large crowds. Whatever is planned will be an outdoor theme, we were pretty much locked down last year this time, relegated to our backyard.

Baltic

Baltic
Reaction Score
Headed to Utah in October for trip to National Parks, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, Arches,

Baltic

Baltic
Reaction Score
Headed to Utah National Parks in October, Zion, Bryce, Arches , Canyon Lands and Grand Canyon. So satisfy to plan trips again

Reaction Score
Avoiding air travel and crowds. Trying to figure out what to do about my niece's upcoming wedding. 150 people? I don't care if everybody's wearing a mask, I know damned well at least 30% to 40% will be unvaccinated.

I'm getting tired of asking people of they've been vaccinated before making plans with them.
You seem fun.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Leaving for Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow. Florida is a dump but they have sun, beaches, beer, and food...all I want/need right now. Staying at The Atlantic with an ocean view balcony. Cant wait...haven't been on vacation in forever it seems.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bringing the tracks back to this thread, major plans for the summer are set:

First week of summer: Two nights in Ipswich, never been, just a little trip to get away.

Mid-July: My niece hasn't been in the East Coast since my wedding. She just graduated high school and as her graduation gift we're flying her out to NYC. Splitting time between aunt/uncle in Bay Ridge and us in CT.

Late July: 5th year anniversary (one year later) trip to San Juan. First trip ever w/ no plans other than just stay at the resort. Would like to see Old San Juan.

Aside from that, would like to visit dad in PA (haven't seen him since lockdown), catch a Yardgoats and Hudson Valley Renegades game (Beacon is one of my favorite towns to visit). Would love to catch a few concerts, especially heading to Caramoor, a summer regular for me. The Jazz Forum in Tarrytown is reopening and I love going there a few times a year, so hope to catch a show there after dinner at Sweetwater.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Fully vaccinated and feeling totally free. Just got back from a two week trip so probably won't have another major trip I'm ready to be social.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Saw a bit of the Vandy/Ole Miss game last night. Packed house, no masks. Have to think MLB and MiLB and NFL will drop restrictions soon unless there a major serious outbreaks from these college games.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Flying is a breeze and has been shown to be a very safe activity.

Aircraft air is cycled every 1-2 minutes and HEPA filtered.

Either you believe the science or you're blindly throwing darts at what you think is safe.
I agree. I have been flying the last year a number of times. So far I haven't heard of any changes in flights. Passengers well spread out. Delta doesn't give a rats behind if you are tested or vaccinated. Mask on all the time. Pain in the butt but have to laugh. They give small snacks. They say, pull your mask down just under lips, take a bite and quickly pull it back up while you are chewing. Same with water. Sorry, many of the policies over the year have been very comical. Most contradicts themselves.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yeah. I hear the announcement on some of those Delta flights and swear the pilot or first officer is laughing as they read half the policies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Saw a bit of the Vandy/Ole Miss game last night. Packed house, no masks. Have to think MLB and MiLB and NFL will drop restrictions soon unless there a major serious outbreaks from these college games.

My local AA team had been told they were authorized 98% capacity by MLB a few weeks ago. Basically 2 rows of seats nearest the bullpens down the Left/Right field lines would be blocked off. That was it.

Last night they announced no masks and 100% attendance was authorized by MLB.

On a side note Ole Miss has a freshman outfielder who played HS ball near where I live- TJ McCants. Beautiful LH swing. Hitting .343. Had a two run dinger against Vandy last night. His younger brother is a SS in HS and going to Miss St. if he doesn't go pro.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
You seem fun.
Fun is something for young people. As the poster boy for the high risk segment of the population, I have overriding concerns. As it turns out, I am scheduled for my 4th vascular surgery in less than a year 8 days before her wedding, so that particular issue has become moot.
On a positive note, I got to hug my daughter and spend time with her and my son-in-law for the first time in months last night, so I see a light at the end of the tunnel and I'm feeling pretty chipper this morning.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Fun is something for young people. As the poster boy for the high risk segment of the population, I have overriding concerns. As it turns out, I am scheduled for my 4th vascular surgery in less than a year 8 days before her wedding, so that particular issue has become moot.
On a positive note, I got to hug my daughter and spend time with her and my son-in-law for the first time in months last night, so I see a light at the end of the tunnel and I'm feeling pretty chipper this morning.
Have you been fishing?
What's the outlook for that?

Even if you've aged out of "fun," I'm assuming there's room for appropriately-paced joy and contentment.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Lots of sunshine and walking, sunset striper and blue fishing in the Sound. Visiting my daughter and grandchildren. Just celebrating being vaccinated along with so many others. Woohoo!!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My local AA team had been told they were authorized 98% capacity by MLB a few weeks ago. Basically 2 rows of seats nearest the bullpens down the Left/Right field lines would be blocked off. That was it.

Last night they announced no masks and 100% attendance was authorized by MLB.

On a side note Ole Miss has a freshman outfielder who played HS ball near where I live- TJ McCants. Beautiful LH swing. Hitting .343. Had a two run dinger against Vandy last night. His younger brother is a SS in HS and going to Miss St. if he doesn't go pro.

I am definitely going to try to get to the new Polar Park in Worcester for some AAA WooSox games. They have some terrific young players there right now. Capacity restrictions are slowly coming down here.

Reaction Score
Couple of family road trips. Still not flying anywhere. PA vaccination rollout has been a mess. Mrs. StillH8L8ner and I aren't even eligible but there are people who need it more than we do at this point anyway, so hopefully there will be a time when it'll be easy enough to walk into a CVS to grab some milk, a birthday card and a Covid shot all at the same time without an appointment.
Drive to CT… they’re trying to give it to anyone.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Writing this from the beach after 9am yoga, to which I arrived so late that it was no more than a guided meditation on gratitude while I lay in shivasana ("corpse pose") upon a giant towel atop a thick lawn.

It's my first time sitting still outside in short sleeves wearing sunblock - a chance to write, read, relax, listen to the birds, and feel the breeze.

My lateness this morning came from a slow pace, awakening from great sleep after a 3-hour slow-biking excursion from Westville to East Rock to Spring Glen, and back home via the Farmington Canal Trail & past SCSU before twilight turned to darkness. Stopped for photos, txted w/friends, and arrived too late for planned live music in n Hamden. No regrets.

Errands & physical therapy after the beach, perhaps dinner with a friend. Likely, once back home, to load my car with Sportbrella & other items to reestablish it for warmer weather and local/regional exploration & enjoyment.

Tomorrow, I'll be on the sand when yoga starts at 9, and afterward traveling to Hartford for Porch Music V, an afternoon of latin jazz in front of a West End home. My running mate has requested a trip to Elizabeth Park's Rose Garden, where it's most likely tulipland.

The leisure time building blocks are regular outdoor music & yoga, social biking, beach time, and a cautious approach to hiking due to many pictures of snakes & (more significantly) ticks from the CT Hiking FB Group members with far more experience than I. Might be getting my first trekking poles today.

Increasingly, more friends are more available, and I have to/get to choose how social I wish to be. COVID has offered great 'cover' for accessing and nurturing a more introverted nature than I'd previously recognized.

In addition to the huge number of day trips possible from New Haven, I'll (at least) visit one sister at the beach in OCNJ, and the other in NY's Finger Lakes region, where I hope to also meet up with a high school friend to bike along the Erie Canal Trail and perhaps catch a Blue Jays game at this season's home field in Buffalo where my high school buddy now lives.

Friends who live on Boston's South Shore, and those in a western suburb are good candidates for meeting 'halfway,' maybe even a baseball game in Worcester's new stadium. Further afield, Lake Winnipesaukee?

In July, I'll meet a friend at the New York Botanical Garden for Yayoi Kusama's art among the flora. Other tine(s), I'll bike in NYC's 5 boroughs, after only one such excursion in the past 20 months.

Biggest wildcard would be a road trip to Kentuciana, where my daughter lives across the Ohio River from Louisville.

So long as my body continues to cooperate, it's an abundant time.

Reaction Score
Ecuador, Mexico City, Point Pleasant New Jersey, yardgoats.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Drive to CT… they’re trying to give it to anyone.
Ironically, a couple of weeks after my post, I received an email saying I was eligible and ended up getting the J&J shot. We have a couple of trips planned over the summer.

Reaction Score
Writing this from the beach after 9am yoga, to which I arrived so late that it was no more than a guided meditation on gratitude while I lay in shivasana ("corpse pose") upon a giant towel atop a thick lawn.

It's my first time sitting still outside in short sleeves wearing sunblock - a chance to write, read, relax, listen to the birds, and feel the breeze.

My lateness this morning came from a slow pace, awakening from great sleep after a 3-hour slow-biking excursion from Westville to East Rock to Spring Glen, and back home via the Farmington Canal Trail & past SCSU before twilight turned to darkness. Stopped for photos, txted w/friends, and arrived too late for planned live music in n Hamden. No regrets.

Errands & physical therapy after the beach, perhaps dinner with a friend. Likely, once back home, to load my car with Sportbrella & other items to reestablish it for warmer weather and local/regional exploration & enjoyment.

Tomorrow, I'll be on the sand when yoga starts at 9, and afterward traveling to Hartford for Porch Music V, an afternoon of latin jazz in front of a West End home. My running mate has requested a trip to Elizabeth Park's Rose Garden, where it's most likely tulipland.

The leisure time building blocks are regular outdoor music & yoga, social biking, beach time, and a cautious approach to hiking due to many pictures of snakes & (more significantly) ticks from the CT Hiking FB Group members with far more experience than I. Might be getting my first trekking poles today.

Increasingly, more friends are more available, and I have to/get to choose how social I wish to be. COVID has offered great 'cover' for accessing and nurturing a more introverted nature than I'd previously recognized.

In addition to the huge number of day trips possible from New Haven, I'll (at least) visit one sister at the beach in OCNJ, and the other in NY's Finger Lakes region, where I hope to also meet up with a high school friend to bike along the Erie Canal Trail and perhaps catch a Blue Jays game at this season's home field in Buffalo where my high school buddy now lives.

Friends who live on Boston's South Shore, and those in a western suburb are good candidates for meeting 'halfway,' maybe even a baseball game in Worcester's new stadium. Further afield, Lake Winnipesaukee?

In July, I'll meet a friend at the New York Botanical Garden for Yayoi Kusama's art among the flora. Other tine(s), I'll bike in NYC's 5 boroughs, after only one such excursion in the past 20 months.

Biggest wildcard would be a road trip to Kentuciana, where my daughter lives across the Ohio River from Louisville.

So long as my body continues to cooperate, it's an abundant time.
Can't tell if this is irony or not. Either way, well done.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Can't tell if this is irony or not. Either way, well done.

It sounds like Hans being Hans to me. That’s a busy existence, but sounds relaxing at the same time.

I’ve avoided those kinds of plans because I just don’t trust what I’ll be allowed to do. At least public bathrooms are open now. That was certainly limiting when we had no fast food or gas station rest rooms.

Today I’m doing ok after Moderna #2, just a sore arm. About to get a Covid test. The Mrs. will accompany me (which will help with my almost certain inability to hear what people tell me) and then we will stop by a local brewery. That will require ordering food I don’t need to eat unfortunately, so I am hoping they have wings we can share. I remain perplexed by the continuation of what was always a dumb policy.

Hoping for a trip to England this summer, but will need to play that by ear a bit. Expect to get some beach time at the Cape. Might check out some non Cape beaches in the South Shore, which is where the Mrs. still considers home.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom