OT: - COVID Attire | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: COVID Attire

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was first told I couldn't take my Herman Miller chair from the office, then people told me, after it was too late, that they were letting people take them. My Staples mesh chair is ok, but those Herman Miller chairs are fantastic. Very glad I bought this Fully Jarvis sit stand desk.

Main part of not being able to take office furniture was I was working in a client's building so it was technically theirs. After sending us home for a few months they moved my work area to a satellite office for my company. I've been there twice in two and a half months. The satellite office is sparsely equipped and none of the chairs were worth the hassle of bringing home.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
When I was working from home, it was sweat pants or nylon warmups and a sweatshirt, over a T-shirt. As it got warmer, I lost the sweatshirt. Trips to the office were limited. 6 hours/week tops and then I would time it with my grocery run. I wore jeans mostly, got home, and immediately threw my clothes in the wash.

Office is open now, but still closed to the public. I'm back in slacks and a "Polo." Mask entering and exiting the building.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Work in sales so my wardrobe has changed from dress pants and button down/knits to athletic shorts and t-shirts. I wear the same on my Zoom calls as most of my customers are in the same boat working from home. I felt weird putting on my sales garb the other day for an on-site customer visit/visit to the office.

Banana Republic needs to look in to dress pants/chinos with this built in compression short that my athletic shorts have. Just an amazingly free feeling. Not sure how I will go back to pre-COVID life.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I’ve only worn a shirt with a collar and pants a zipper to golf since 3/12

Got the polo shirt down but it's been all shorts for me. I think I've worn jeans 2 or 3 times since March and don't know if I've worn any dress slacks since March.

Reaction Score
They can't justify everyone working from home forever. Hartford would go to absolute sh.t...

Attire for me is shorts and a t shirt. why not?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Golf shirt and dress pants or khakis, but that pretty much is the summer uniform regardless. I had to suit up a few times early on, but pretty much no one is bothering anymore.

Reaction Score
I'm of an age now where anything can happen, so when I went to get an MRI on my knee on Wednesday, instead of throwing the scrubs in the trash, I decided to take them with and keep them in the car in case I ever crap my pants and need a change.

In fact, I think I'll post it on r/lifehacks.
Right on!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I'm of an age now where anything can happen, so when I went to get an MRI on my knee on Wednesday, instead of throwing the scrubs in the trash, I decided to take them with and keep them in the car in case I ever crap my pants and need a change.

In fact, I think I'll post it on r/lifehacks.
My new mental image of @storrsroars:
1595874827296.png

Reaction Score
You are lucky. Some days I’m on Zoom 5-6 hours, and the video fatigue is real. We’ve had training on dealing with it, but it is somewhat stressful. I just turn my camera off sometimes.
That is unbearable. I go on a few hour runs of running meetings and that is a bear. No way you make it through all the way. I need water or something. I don't have to use video on my calls so I can look out my window and ponder conversation and time comments. Thank god for the couch or bed for a rest after. Comfy clothes required at all times for marathon days.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A few years ago someone sent me this pic. I printed it out, cut it to size with scissors and hung it somewhere near my phone. Pretty sure I did all that while in a teleconference.

Screenshot_20200727-203303.png

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
A few years ago someone sent me this pic. I printed it out, cut it to size with scissors and hung it somewhere near my phone. Pretty sure I did all that while in a teleconference.

View attachment 57041

This should be on my gravestone appended with "except that last one". As a hearing impaired person, this drives me crazy. People conditioned to think they need to talk me through something, when really I need to read it, and provide a simple answer. So we waste 20 minutes talking only to get to....send it to me so I can read it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom