OT: - COVID Attire | The Boneyard

OT: COVID Attire

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So, I’ve been working from home since early March. I cleared out my office (mandatory) last week. Have no reason to think I’m ever going back. Siemens just announced everybody can work from anywhere indefinitely. I suspect that will be my reality and the same for millions of others.

My attire, Zoom meeting or not is shorts, running shoes and t-shirts, sometimes a short sleeve button up shirt if I’m feeling fancy. Went to the outlets yesterday and got some Saucony Ride ISO sneakers and I am almost embarrassed to say, Vineyard Vine T-shirts. Man these are the best T-shirts ever. I need more of these.

How is your wardrobe changing? I’m not sure when I will wear some of the work clothes I have. Fall and winter will bring changes I suppose. But I suspect that it will remain very casual.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Business casual was getting more and more casual anyway. For years my go to was always slacks and a button down from Brooks Brothers but am not surprised to see them file the other day. there just isn't a demand anymore.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Business casual was getting more and more casual anyway. For years my go to was always slacks and a button down from Brooks Brothers but am not surprised to see them file the other day. there just isn't a demand anymore.

Myabe that’s why I don’t mind splurging on a VV t shirt. Not that I ever bought expensive dress shirts, dry cleaners always destroyed them anyway.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I’m in shorts and t shirts unless I have a status conference with the court or a video depo, so I throw a button down and tie on. I had 3 shirts for the cleaners back in March that I just picked up this week.

Reaction Score
I basically wear gym shorts or sweatpants everyday and a t-shirt but I'm also in the tech industry. Felt weird putting on jeans the other day

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
While I was still working from home, I would wear jeans and a polo shirt for work - never turned on the camera for meetings, but I didn't want to sit around the house in a tshirt for weeks on end.

I was just promoted into management about 2 years ago so I have about 8 still very new high quality suits and a bunch of dress shirts that I'm going to bring to the cleaners and then store probably forever. What a waste of an investment there!

Reaction Score
I wear shorts flipflops and either a tshirt or polo. If I’m on a larger more important call I’ll put on a button down, but I still wear my shorts. I can’t stand up or the gig is up. I bought a pair of nice work loafers in March that I haven’t worn. They look good in my closet. Waste of money.

Reaction Score
I've worn t-shirt, climbing pants and running shoes for years now...nothing's changed except I don't even bother occasionally wearing a polo to pretend I'm a little more professional. And I still go into the office daily

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I wear shorts flipflops and either a tshirt or polo. If I’m on a larger more important call I’ll put on a button down, but I still wear my shorts. I can’t stand up or the gig is up. I bought a pair of nice work loafers in March that I haven’t worn. They look good in my closet. Waste of money.

I put on a dress short over shorts once, for about 30 minutes. But now nobody is bothering anymore. I bought a sit stand desk so I can stand but I adjust the camera to never show below the waist.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I basically wear gym shorts or sweatpants everyday and a t-shirt but I'm also in the tech industry. Felt weird putting on jeans the other day

I’m tech industry too, but lawyer in the tech industry. So yeah, I can’t quite swing gym shorts and sweatpants. I’m pretty happy with nice t shirts, since I started my career in wool suits and ties everyday even in summer walks to the courthouse.

Reaction Score
I zoom for one project I am on and that zoom happens once a month at best and that project is over in August. I wear a collared shirt for that. Otherwise, its pajamas, athletic shorts, and comfy collared shirts. Pretty much the lowest acceptable dress I'd wear if I needed to head down to my grocery store for something. I'm remote even after COVID so par for me as-is.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I zoom for one project I am on and that zoom happens once a month at best and that project is over in August. I wear a collared shirt for that. Otherwise, its pajamas, athletic shorts, and comfy collared shirts. Pretty much the lowest acceptable dress I'd wear if I needed to head down to my grocery store for something. I'm remote even after COVID so par for me as-is.

You are lucky. Some days I’m on Zoom 5-6 hours, and the video fatigue is real. We’ve had training on dealing with it, but it is somewhat stressful. I just turn my camera off sometimes.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm of an age now where anything can happen, so when I went to get an MRI on my knee on Wednesday, instead of throwing the scrubs in the trash, I decided to take them with and keep them in the car in case I ever crap my pants and need a change.

In fact, I think I'll post it on r/lifehacks.

Reaction Score
Work in a school and while I’m there I’ll either wear business casual (nice pants/shorts, untucked button down, nice sneakers/slip-ons or I’ll wear my athletic gear if I have a game or feeling lazy. As I’ve gotten older, my attire had gotten less formal, but I dress better now then when I was 25.

Transitioning to zoom, I just wore t-shirts or a warm layer if it were colder. No reason not to unless I had a conference with parents. Our school has a casual uniform (students need to wear a branded top, either polo, t shirt or sweatshirt) and that was relaxed for Zoom.

It’s funny: pre-quarantine the last time I wore non-elastic pants was when I wore a suit for our school’s benefit. The next time I wore regular pants after that was for our school’s graduation in mid-June, also in suit pants.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I trudge to the office everyday and wear a suit - shirt and tie
Wouldn't have it any other way :rolleyes::(:cool:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Shorts and a T-shirt. We don't have any video conferencing. Anything online is audio only with some file sharing.

We were told we could bring home all our IT stuff but office equipment had to stay. I am buying a fatty executive chair this week for more comfort.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I wear my basketball UConn shorts and a T-shirt every day, without fail. There’s literally never a reason not to. I love it though it does tend to remove me from reality. I haven’t needed to dress in anything other than that in months.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Was casual from mid-March through June 1. Back to suit and tie most days since.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
So, I’ve been working from home since early March. I cleared out my office (mandatory) last week. Have no reason to think I’m ever going back. Siemens just announced everybody can work from anywhere indefinitely. I suspect that will be my reality and the same for millions of others.

My attire, Zoom meeting or not is shorts, running shoes and t-shirts, sometimes a short sleeve button up shirt if I’m feeling fancy. Went to the outlets yesterday and got some Saucony Ride ISO sneakers and I am almost embarrassed to say, Vineyard Vine T-shirts. Man these are the best T-shirts ever. I need more of these.

How is your wardrobe changing? I’m not sure when I will wear some of the work clothes I have. Fall and winter will bring changes I suppose. But I suspect that it will remain very casual.
I was slightly embarrassed the first time I made a VV purchase but they do make some nice stuff. I have a couple of performance pullovers, quarter zip sweaters (Saltwater I think they're called) and some tees. I only buy when there's a sale though.

Pre-Covid I was business casual with mainly khakis from Banana Republic and either golf shirts or Charles Tyrwhitt button downs.

Reaction Score
Shorts and maybe tee-shirt if I wear a shirt at all. I have been working remotely since October and haven't worn long pants in months. We haven't had to turn on our cameras for months due to some people's reluctance to view their home offices. Fine with me as I never understood the need to see anybody anyway.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I have been working from home as a consultant since 2007, so my wardobe hasn't changed. I still have some of my dress shirts which I wear with shorts. I live in Florida and where long sleeved shirts all the time. I like Columbia UV protective shirts and have them in every color. I agree with you a lot of office space is going to waste and companies will not likely go back once they realize that productivity is still there with a lot less expense.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Shorts and a T-shirt. We don't have any video conferencing. Anything online is audio only with some file sharing.

We were told we could bring home all our IT stuff but office equipment had to stay. I am buying a fatty executive chair this week for more comfort.

I was first told I couldn't take my Herman Miller chair from the office, then people told me, after it was too late, that they were letting people take them. My Staples mesh chair is ok, but those Herman Miller chairs are fantastic. Very glad I bought this Fully Jarvis sit stand desk.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom