Courant: Intensity level about to rise for Shea... | The Boneyard

Courant: Intensity level about to rise for Shea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
John, don't forget, Buck is a senior.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

"Based on what we are seeing, I'd say it's accurate to call the roster deep and versatile, both on the perimeter and inside," Ralph said.

"Many of our older players have dramatically improved."

snidely_whiplash.jpg

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Have to LOL at the idea that 19 and 20 year olds are "older players".

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
And because of that, Ralph said, the coaching staff is not close to deciding who will start the Charleston game — not that it's even very important. "We are nowhere even close to making that decision," Ralph said. "We haven't even started practice yet. That's where it will emerge, especially since our new players are so good.

"Many of our older players have dramatically improved. It will all take care of itself as we move forward. We talk about it, sure, but it's so hard without being out on the floor with coach at this point. It's hard to decide."

I thought that was interesting. I know the coaches obviously don't decide on who the starters will be in preseason, but I guess I'm a little surprised to hear her say that... re: the new players being so good (and the inference that one or more might start on day 1). I wonder if the coaches seriously will consider starting any of the freshmen. My guess would be no that none of the freshmen will start, but I guess you never know till the coaches announce it for the first game...

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
It's also a way to keep the players motivated. If you say who the starting five are right now, that might not be very helpful to players who are working hard in the preseason...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom