Courant article | The Boneyard

Courant article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oops see it can't be read. Anyone else see it and can try to copy it? I just read the damn thing on my iPhone at my work address copied and put it on here. Can't make it stick...even a little interview with Kwintin.

Sorry

Reaction Score
I copied and pasted the link and had the same problem. Did Fishy or Tom include the Courant on the banned posting list?

Reaction Score
The frontcourt approach is clearly "throw everything at the wall and see what sticks". Can anyone really distinguish between Diarra, Carlton, Whaley, Cobb, and Onuorah?

The other 4 positions have decent talent, if not depth, between Gilbert, Adams, Vital, Anderson, Polley, Larrier, Williams. (And yes, with this roster composition we should be playing small.)

But the 5 is going to be a total mystery and possibly a black hole. We'll see.

Reaction Score
Someone is going to surprise in the frontcourt. There's too many bodies notnl to.

My feeling is Carlton or Whaley, for some reason. Based off of no real evidence, lol. They both come from VERY high level high schools. I have liked hearing about Whaleys ethic, and Carlton seems to have a decent outlet pass--something we REALLY need if we want to be successful and get our guards moving in transition.

Its oviously a different level of competition in us, but I would guess better than many JUCO teams at these HS leagues. Certainly more organized play and better coaching

Reaction Score
Pure talent and evaluation - you lost a lot when Steve Enoch or a Jawan Durham leaves.

But - like Rod Sellers or Jake Voskuhl or Emeka Okafor - big guys just might surprise in College ball with opportunities. I frankly don't feel either Enoch or Durham could be plugged as our solution; I frankly imagine that a Carlton or a Cobb might just give us what we need. Toughness. Rebounding and Defense. We shall see.

Reaction Score
Pure talent and evaluation - you lost a lot when Steve Enoch or a Jawan Durham leaves.

But - like Rod Sellers or Jake Voskuhl or Emeka Okafor - big guys just might surprise in College ball with opportunities. I frankly don't feel either Enoch or Durham could be plugged as our solution; I frankly imagine that a Carlton or a Cobb might just give us what we need. Toughness. Rebounding and Defense. We shall see.

...and real, discernible, drive to win.

Reaction Score
I agree.

Would have liked to see Durham after a full offseason, but it's not like he was a can't miss. He was terrible last year. Maybe injuries, but no idea until we see him again next season.

Interested in this year's FC players. Expectations are low to start. Should be a motivated group.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

These guys hurt us down the road, not so much next year. Especially Durham. Would have been real nice in 2018.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If Diarra's lower extremities hold up, I think we're all going to be very pleasantly surprised but what he gives us.

Word is, he could have played last year. But they decided to nip the issue in the bud. He played through it in high school, ostensibly to get a decent scholarship; it wasn't something new. If he's healthy, he might be even better than projected. Forget where I got that from.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Oops see it can't be read. Anyone else see it and can try to copy it? I just read the damn thing on my iPhone at my work address copied and put it on here. Can't make it stick...even a little interview with Kwintin.

Sorry

The filter here corrects the all lower case u c o n n in the url to uconn. But on linux based web servers, the url (past the first single slash) is case sensitive, so the filter effectively breaks any Courant link.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Someone is going to surprise in the frontcourt. There's too many bodies notnl to.

My feeling is Carlton or Whaley, for some reason. Based off of no real evidence, lol. They both come from VERY high level high schools. I have liked hearing about Whaleys ethic, and Carlton seems to have a decent outlet pass--something we REALLY need if we want to be successful and get our guards moving in transition.

Its oviously a different level of competition in us, but I would guess better than many JUCO teams at these HS leagues. Certainly more organized play and better coaching

Some great points.

The team has the chance to be really dangerous, but no one can really PREDICT that.

But some kids translate better, develop at different rates, come from better programs so their understanding is higher, etc. That's why guys play above and below their "rating."

I I keep saying though, ESPECIALLY in this day and age of how the game is played, you need a creator, a finisher or two, and then fill in the pieces with guys who do their roles very well.

That gives this team the potential to be dangerous, if you think about it that way.

We've had SERIOUS talent on some of our best teams, but we also have teams with 1-2 guys and a bunch of great role players.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The roster is a crap shoot. The entire team is basically new to one another and there are seven new players coming into the program.

We have Jalen and Vital.

Everyone else...who knows. Our question marks have question marks.

Alterique might be the most talented player on the roster, but needs to keep from losing his arm. Larrier is coming off an ACL.

I have high hopes for Cobb. There's every chance that I'm wrong, but I just think there's a better player there than we think. Plus, good lord, he's huge and he's much more mobile than a mountain should be.

Carlton and Polley look like great pieces to have - Ollie, who isn't crazy about freshmen, will have to learn to put them out there for experience.

Whaley, Kwintin and the two graduate transfers were never projected to play at this level, so we'll have to hope one or two overachieve.

We really need to get an upset or two early or the preseason schedule is going to put us behind the eight ball going into the conference.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
We really need to get an upset or two early or the preseason schedule is going to put us behind the eight ball going into the conference.

Some early momentum is going to be huge for this team. Put it in their head that they can win and they will.

Ive even gone ahead and lost some possible bad mojo and took the flag I hung last year, down. We can all do our own little part.

Reaction Score
The roster is a crap shoot. The entire team is basically new to one another and there are seven new players coming into the program.

We have Jalen and Vital.

Everyone else...who knows. Our question marks have question marks.

Alterique might be the most talented player on the roster, but needs to keep from losing his arm. Larrier is coming off an ACL.

I have high hopes for Cobb. There's every chance that I'm wrong, but I just think there's a better player there than we think. Plus, good lord, he's huge and he's much more mobile than a mountain should be.

Carlton and Polley look like great pieces to have - Ollie, who isn't crazy about freshmen, will have to learn to put them out there for experience.

Whaley, Kwintin and the two graduate transfers were never projected to play at this level, so we'll have to hope one or two overachieve.

KO has never really shown any hesitancy to trotting out freshmen players over veterans if they can play.

Reaction Score
IMO if Amore isn't talking with players or coaches his articles aren't worth reading. That was about as vanilla as it gets and I'm pretty sure he wrote it from bed.

That said, I'm sure it was informative for people who aren't die-hards like us. I would definitely read a similar article on the football team.

Reaction Score
IMO if Amore isn't talking with players or coaches his articles aren't worth reading. That was about as vanilla as it gets and I'm pretty sure he wrote it from bed.

That said, I'm sure it was informative for people who aren't die-hards like us. I would definitely read a similar article on the football team.
Definitely for the casual fan.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Cobb intrigues me. He's the type of player that has given us fits recently. I'd love to see to that to other teams, even for limited minutes off the bench.

Reaction Score
So now the question everyones been waiting for... Can this roster make the tournament?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom