Courant article | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Courant article

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

The roster is a crap shoot. The entire team is basically new to one another and there are seven new players coming into the program.

We have Jalen and Vital.

Everyone else...who knows. Our question marks have question marks.

Alterique might be the most talented player on the roster, but needs to keep from losing his arm. Larrier is coming off an ACL.

I have high hopes for Cobb. There's every chance that I'm wrong, but I just think there's a better player there than we think. Plus, good lord, he's huge and he's much more mobile than a mountain should be.

Carlton and Polley look like great pieces to have - Ollie, who isn't crazy about freshmen, will have to learn to put them out there for experience.

Whaley, Kwintin and the two graduate transfers were never projected to play at this level, so we'll have to hope one or two overachieve.

We really need to get an upset or two early or the preseason schedule is going to put us behind the eight ball going into the conference.

The article had little insights but who can blame Dom? It is a crapshoot. I do think a couple guys have the potential to surprise significantly on the upside. One of the biggest changes will be a real D1 S&C program. We also finally have some strength which will partially offset our lack of height except for against elite teams.
Cobb may be intriguing on the screen and roll play with the guards - the defense will have to commit itself and not be able to hedge and play on either side of a broomstick.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
So now the question everyones been waiting for... Can this roster make the tournament?

Not according to the nattering nabobs of negativism here.

I would say the chances are maybe 50/50. It will likely come down to about five or so games vs. Top 25 teams that we'd probably have to win most of, because I don't see us running the table in the league, or anything remotely close to that. Of course, we can always win the conference tourney. That may end up again being the only route. If we can make it through the entire season relatively injury free, I wouldn't count any UConn team out in a conference tournament. Neutral court, anything is possible.

Reaction Score
The article had little insights but who can blame Dom? It is a crapshoot. I do think a couple guys have the potential to surprise significantly on the upside. One of the biggest changes will be a real D1 S&C program. We also finally have some strength which will partially offset our lack of height except for against elite teams.
Cobb may be intriguing on the screen and roll play with the guards - the defense will have to commit itself and not be able to hedge and play on either side of a broomstick.
1. "Quite frankly": nope
2. "Casual fan": nope
3. "First Night" diss: nope
4. Referring to self in 3rd person: nope
5. Glenn Miller reference: nope
6. JC reference: nope
7. "Confirmed": nope
8. S&C reference: CHECK!
whew! you had me worried there for a minute, Chief!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom