Counterpart Season 2 | The Boneyard

Counterpart Season 2

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Surprised that there is no thread for the already.

Really liking season 2 even more so than season 1. It's really interesting that they've severed the two worlds for the season and kept it that way. Just so many good performances. The 4th and 5th episodes are possibly the two best of the entire series so far.

Some thoughts 5 episodes in (some spoilers if you aren't caught up):
- Really love the Quayle prime and how he is exactly the same while being in such a different circumstance (more on him later).

- Echo is such a dark concept - really cool.

- Nadia is bad ass and I wonder when she will return to wreak more havoc.

- Emily prime stumbling around like a child in a grown up world is both funny and like a crash about to happen that you don't want to watch.

- Lambert's creepiness is so well played. I think it's intended to make you uncomfortable and at least for me, succeeds.

- Where has Roland been and when will he be back?

- The back story for Ian is really interesting.

- What is Mira going to do with Yanek? Is she trying to close the crossing forever?

- I want to know more about management!

- and finally it's really surprising that it looks like the divergence and possible ultimate conclusion will come down to the least aware and dimmest player, Peter Quayle.

Reaction Score
I started in a few months back - didn't get through the first season - don't remember why but need to pick it up and finish it. I did like it though.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Twin Cities is the best episode for the entire series so far. Great to get a lot of things cleared up and more importantly the entire idea (SPOILER ALERT) that there is innate human instinct to be better than or beat something that is equal before they are better or beat you. Should be interesting going forward.

Surprised nobody is talking about this very excellent series. Doesn't get great ratings but is generally reviewed very well.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Twin Cities is the best episode for the entire series so far. Great to get a lot of things cleared up and more importantly the entire idea (SPOILER ALERT) that there is innate human instinct to be better than or beat something that is equal before they are better or beat you. Should be interesting going forward.

Surprised nobody is talking about this very excellent series. Doesn't get great ratings but is generally reviewed very well.

Yes it was.great to see THAT episode.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Counterpart has been cancelled. This is at least the third well reviewed series Starz has pulled the plug on before it can get its legs. Boss was excellent, and Magic City had potential. I haven't watched Counterpart, in part because I wanted to make sure Starz was committed to the show before I committed to the show.

Starz has to decide if they want to be in the original content business or not. They gave Spartacus and Black Sails long runs, but those were sluts and sandals cheese. Quality TV can take some time to find an audience.

This same trend makes me a little nervous about American Gods.

Reaction Score
Counterpart has been cancelled. This is at least the third well reviewed series Starz has pulled the plug on before it can get its legs. Boss was excellent, and Magic City had potential. I haven't watched Counterpart, in part because I wanted to make sure Starz was committed to the show before I committed to the show.

Starz has to decide if they want to be in the original content business or not. They gave Spartacus and Black Sails long runs, but those were sluts and sandals cheese. Quality TV can take some time to find an audience.

This same trend makes me a little nervous about American Gods.

Not only that - you can't even watch it anywhere without paying by the episode that I found. I watched about 1/2 of season one and realized last week I hadn't finished and went back to it and it was gone. You can watch on Amazon Prime, but only if you buy the episodes.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I have Starz, so I can watch it whenever I want, but the principle is the same.

Boss may have had the best pilot episode of any show I can remember. The first season was really good. The second season was solid, if a little shaky in parts, and then Starz just dropped it.

Magic City didn't have as much upside as Boss, but it was a solid show too, and Starz bailed on it despite decent ratings for a Starz show.

If a network wants to produce prestige television, it has to accept that ratings could suck for a season or two before the show finds its audience. Cable shows are available on-demand for subscribers, so a network shouldn't its pants just because a show has a weak season. Viewers can always circle back.

AMC is a lot better at this than Starz, and it has a lot more good shows than Starz despite probably half the budget.

Reaction Score
Not only that - you can't even watch it anywhere without paying by the episode that I found. I watched about 1/2 of season one and realized last week I hadn't finished and went back to it and it was gone. You can watch on Amazon Prime, but only if you buy the episodes.

I caved and bought season 1/2 on Amazon Prime. Glad that I did. Worth it.

Reaction Score
Just finished it - really liked how they wrapped up the season. A great watch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom