Could espn be anymore in the tank for Delaware | The Boneyard

Could espn be anymore in the tank for Delaware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Since EDD is/was one of the "3 to see" why in the world would you expect anything else? They have been hyping that segment endlessly. Now they are down to two, and as long as ND and Baylor keep winning, ESPN will be shoving those teams down our throats.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
EDD got what she wanted -- big fish in a small pond and no significant accomplishments.
It was more than that. Look, I don't want to get into a whole rehashing of the EDD situation and start any arguments on it as there are bigger and better stories today. Yes I have an issue with the way she strung UCONN along for almost 2 years, but the reality is she was only 18 and she was desperately homesick, especially for her sister. UDel gave her an opportunity to be close to home, play the game she apparently grew to love again, win multiple conference championships, make the NCAA's twice, and she will end up the #2 pick in the WNBA draft.

People who know her say she's a great kid and a great person. I never root for her, as I'm a UCONN fan first and foremost, but that doesn't mean I don't understand her decisions. For her, it was never about being a big fish in a small pond. It was about family and personal decisions. Perhaps that could be said of other players (fish...pond), but certainly not of her.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
IMHO the 3 to see are Kaleena Lewis, Kelly Faris, and Stefanie Dolson! ;)

Oh, and a sprinkling of Stewart, Tuck and Jefferson as the freshest of the freshies...

In my opinion the three to see are Niele Ivey, Nikki Caldwell, and Marisa Moseley :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
A great piece on EDD on ESPN between games including comments from Geno from an earlier interview and current comments from EDD on her journey, her love for Lizzie, and the whole experience of the last 4 years. If you cannot value her as a person after hearing her speak about it all you have no heart.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
A great piece on EDD on ESPN between games including comments from Geno from an earlier interview and current comments from EDD on her journey, her love for Lizzie, and the whole experience of the last 4 years. If you cannot value her as a person after hearing her speak about it all you have no heart.

Ms Oz saw that for the first time... "What a wonderful young woman" was said.

Reaction Score
Who cares how supremely happy she is? I don't. She is a 23 1/2 year old chick playing college basketball for an otherwise very poor team that has no relationship with Uconn. Would expect more interest in Samarie.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I'm as tired as anyone by her soggy interviews
but:
I think she's the best scoring threat and has the most complete game to come out of woman's college BB this year,
and I would pick her first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul