Corey Floyd on the Circuit | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Corey Floyd on the Circuit

Reaction Score
Kid Nick Smith has been blowing by Corey a lot though

No one this tournament has stopped him 1v1 and AAU teams don't really have a team defense concept to stop a dominant scorer like colleges do. He's also played 14 games in the last 10 days. He's known as a bought-in defender and definitely was at Roselle. I wouldn't read into it too much

Reaction Score
He had a couple nice defensive possessions where he held up, a couple times he just got straight beat, and then a couple times it seemed like he stayed with him and then would either lose focus or expect something to happen and then have to contest hard and foul. It's like he's getting distracted by his own brain.

Reaction Score
No one this tournament has stopped him 1v1 and AAU teams don't really have a team defense concept to stop a dominant scorer like colleges do. He's also played 14 games in the last 10 days. He's known as a bought-in defender and definitely was at Roselle. I wouldn't read into it too much
I wasn’t able to watch much of the tournament besides this game and I understand he’s a very good defender in general. Maybe it was the defensive scheme Final ran because on the screens the switches were very lazy and the paint was often open. But the exhaustion is definitely a factor as well.

Reaction Score
First time in a game situation seeing the "lift" on dunks/putbacks that you like to see. He'll probably gain an inch or two before stepping on campus.

I can now see why some Yarders are saying he could be a SF in certain matchups. Until now.. Didn't see it initially.Will be a mismatch nightmare for opposing teams at the CG/SG/SF positions because of his strength and versatility.

All good.. Been big on Corey since the day he committed..

Predicting he'll have a bigger impact while at UConn than a lotta folks thought.

Kid has onions.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Has there been any chatter about Oweh?
I seem to recall we were on his list or he was on ours.
We were connected a bit with him in the winter but haven't seen anything recent. It'll be interesting to watch over the next few weeks because his recruitment should blow up. I always got the feeling he'd end up at Georgetown before this, now I'm not sure where he ends up

Reaction Score
We were connected a bit with him in the winter but haven't seen anything recent. It'll be interesting to watch over the next few weeks because his recruitment should blow up. I always got the feeling he'd end up at Georgetown before this, now I'm not sure where he ends up
I think Seton Hall has been after him as well. Not sure how hard or where that stands, but could be cool to get him in the conference

Reaction Score
If this was true, wouldn't he already be here? Not doubting Dauster, but I don't see why he'd be playing AAU when the other freshmen are already on campus.
Maybe wanted to finish out the AAU circuit before coming to campus? I have no idea just spitballing here

Reaction Score
Maybe wanted to finish out the AAU circuit before coming to campus? I have no idea just spitballing here
He was balling against future lottery picks. I think he’s ready for the jump if he wants

Last edited:

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Possibly meant coming after the fall is over like an Akok freshman spring redshirt situation.

If he was enrolling for the 2nd semester, he wouldn't be able to do it until December, which is definitely not the fall.

Reaction Score
He was napping against future lottery picks. I think he’s ready for the jump if he wants
Absolutely. Looks like a grown man already. Even if he’s not playing major minutes, a year of practice with the team would be super valuable. I am all on board for this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom