Corey Floyd on the Circuit | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Corey Floyd on the Circuit

Reaction Score
Peach Jam has totally changed my opinion on Floyd. I thought he’d be a really good four year role player/eventual starter but now I’m thinking he has All Big East team potential by year 3/4. He’s just consistently really good every time he plays.

Reaction Score
Peach Jam has totally changed my opinion on Floyd. I thought he’d be a really good four year role player/eventual starter but now I’m thinking he has All Big East team potential by year 3/4. He’s just consistently really good every time he plays.
Kind of funny that he is clearly better than Justice Williams yet Williams is somehow top 50. A lot of highly ranked kids are getting exposed this weekend. Another example that comes to mind is Xavier commit Kam Craft completely outperforming his 5 star teammates Washington and Casey.

Reaction Score
Kind of funny that he is clearly better than Justice Williams yet Williams is somehow top 50. A lot of highly ranked kids are getting exposed this weekend. Another example that comes to mind is Xavier commit Kam Craft completely outperforming his 5 star teammates Washington and Casey.

They've been able to hide because of Covid. 2022 and 2023 are gonna end up being total ish-show classes.

I was saying after watching Montverde that Williams is overrated and got roasted for it on here. He is way, way too passive of a player for his ranking.

Of our old recruits, Westry and Wicher have looked the part of their rankings generally... Wilcher probably even deserves a bump into the top 5. Williams and Roddy Gayle have gotten exposed IMO. Akil Watson has been pretty bad, but he's playing up to be fair.

Lemond has looked absolutely awful. 34% from the field and 0% from 3 this entire weekend on only 5 attempts (all in garbage time).

Bowen hasn't disappointed. Neither has Edwards.

Seems like our other recruits have been hit or miss depending on the game.

Ducharme has been putrid from 3, but his coach is still letting him shoot, and he's been hitting his FTs.. I'm hoping it's just a bad weekend.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
They've been able to hide because of Covid. 2022 and 2023 are gonna end up being total ish-show classes.

I was saying after watching Montverde that Williams is overrated and got roasted for it on here. He is way, way too passive of a player for his ranking.

Of our old recruits, Westry and Wicher have looked the part of their rankings generally... Wilcher probably even deserves a bump into the top 5. Williams and Roddy Gayle have gotten exposed IMO. Akil Watson has been pretty bad, but he's playing up to be fair.

Lemond has looked absolutely awful. 34% from the field and 0% from 3 this entire weekend on only 5 attempts (all in garbage time).

Bowen hasn't disappointed. Neither has Edwards.

Seems like our other recruits have been hit or miss depending on the game.

Ducharme has been putrid from 3, but his coach is still letting him shoot, and he's been hitting his FTs.. I'm hoping it's just a bad weekend.
How can you tell if it's just a cold spell vs the kid being overrated? Like wasn't Justice Williams a top 3 player in the PCL as a junior?

Reaction Score
How can you tell if it's just a cold spell vs the kid being overrated? Like wasn't Justice Williams a top 3 player in the PCL as a junior?

Good question. Short answer is probably: we're all just guessing.

Better answer? Style of play and confidence. Lemond looks completely and totally timid on the floor and doesn't even look to shoot if the game is within 15 points. Seriously. Like Gaffney at his worst. Whereas Ducharme (playing up to 17u) is missing shots but has a good-looking stroke, makes his FTs, and is still aggressive trying to score the ball even if it isn't going in.

I've seen Williams in multiple games over the course of months now, and haven't seen the borderline 5* people have described yet. He has the pieces to be really good, but at a certain point, you either put it together or don't. I'm not saying he isn't a 4* caliber or high-major player... I'm just saying he has clearly looked overrated is all. He'll be a good defender, and will just need to develop his shot. IMO Floyd has a more clearly defined role and path to playing time.

I expect up and down performances, which has happened with a lot of the other guys we're recruiting at Peach Jam. That's expected when you're playing every day, sometimes twice a day.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He’ll definitely look to rebound this year as he was not much of a factor at MVA last year. But he doesn’t have a good jumper and isn’t an elite athlete/finisher at the rim, so he’ll be limited offensively. I do think he can be a PG at the college level and could be a plus defender there too. Good player/prospect, but Floyd is more ready to actually contribute.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Good question. Short answer is probably: we're all just guessing.

Better answer? Style of play and confidence. Lemond looks completely and totally timid on the floor and doesn't even look to shoot if the game is within 15 points. Seriously. Like Gaffney at his worst. Whereas Ducharme (playing up to 17u) is missing shots but has a good-looking stroke, makes his FTs, and is still aggressive trying to score the ball even if it isn't going in.

I've seen Williams in multiple games over the course of months now, and haven't seen the borderline 5* people have described yet. He has the pieces to be really good, but at a certain point, you either put it together or don't. I'm not saying he isn't a 4* caliber or high-major player... I'm just saying he has clearly looked overrated is all. He'll be a good defender, and will just need to develop his shot. IMO Floyd has a more clearly defined role and path to playing time.

I expect up and down performances, which has happened with a lot of the other guys we're recruiting at Peach Jam. That's expected when you're playing every day, sometimes twice a day.
He’ll definitely look to rebound this year as he was not much of a factor at MVA last year. But he doesn’t have a good jumper and isn’t an elite athlete/finisher at the rim, so he’ll be limited offensively. I do think he can be a PG at the college level and could be a plus defender there too. Good player/prospect, but Floyd is more ready to actually contribute.
Good stuff, thanks.

Edit I wrote out a whole reply about Justice and Corey that got deleted when I pressed post somehow... too lazy to rewrite it. But Corey is gonna be good.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No disrespect to the kid- but Floyd put up better numbers than Williams in every game at Peach Jam. Give me the guy that consistently produces during games and fits into what Hurley is building over the higher-ranked kids any day of the week.

caw

Reaction Score
He has a very nice game but, if I had a critique, his release looks just a bit slow.

Reaction Score
He reminds me of a taller, bulkier CV. Especially his shooting stroke. That’s a good thing, and I’ve only seen highlights videos, haven’t seen him in person or anything

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
No disrespect to the kid- but Floyd put up better numbers than Williams in every game at Peach Jam. Give me the guy that consistently produces during games and fits into what Hurley is building over the higher-ranked kids any day of the week.
The most I've seen of Corey. Imo, even the cursory eye test sways in favor of CF over Justice.

Reaction Score
Corey keeps out scoring top 3 players on his own team consistently. He must have some ability to create his own shot.
Have you seen what he looks like! The kid is built, not like your typical high school guard. He is tough and plays through contact. It is tough to guard a someone like him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom