Corey Floyd on the Circuit | The Boneyard

Corey Floyd on the Circuit

Reaction Score
Is Marcus Smart a good (aspirational) comp for Floyd?

Emphasis on aspirational. Marcus Smart was about as coveted a recruit as there was in 2012 or whenever he was coming out of high school. He’s also a legit 6-4 but I don’t hate the comp from a style standpoint. Marcus Smart was way better as a high schooler, but that’s not a knock on Floyd. Smart is obviously a stud in the NBA.

Reaction Score
He seems like the kind of kid that success follows. I'd be really surprised if UConn doesn't make some real noise in the tournament during his time at UConn.

Strong, athletic, tough, and crafty, this kid is a winner.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He seems like the kind of kid that success follows. I'd be really surprised if UConn doesn't make some real noise in the tournament during his time at UConn.
Corey is SOLID in every way. We will be stacked by the time he gets here and we are not done for 2023 yet. We will be making noise from now on, including his time at UConn.

Reaction Score
The staff is doing their best to try to make that a true statement. Trust in the Grind. Full court press during the July circuit. 100% Committed.
That's why I said that. I do trust in the GRIND/STAFF. Welcome Luke and company.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Corey is a baller..Plain and simple..
The more I see of his game, the more I see Jerome Dyson. Except he seems more inclined to juke a defender out of position going to the hole, while Jerome was more about leaning into the guy, getting one shoulder past him and bulling him out of the way.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The more I see of his game, the more I see Jerome Dyson. Except he seems more inclined to juke a defender out of position going to the hole, while Jerome was more about leaning into the guy, getting one shoulder past him and bulling him out of the way.
Both played tough, but hopefully Corey works at game preparation. As Jim acknowledge that was a weakness of Jerome at that age.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Both played tough, but hopefully Corey works at game preparation. As Jim acknowledge that was a weakness of Jerome at that age.
Jerome was billed as a great 3pt shooter out of high school, ended up being better at driving/bucket getting a lot like Bouknight. Let’s hope Corey is as good as those guys.

Reaction Score
Some mostly full games from the past week. Lots of CFJ in here. I don't have much free time to look through these now, but I'll try to pull some clips later tonight. Played against Crown and the Gauchos many times over the years. I wouldn't call them top-tier EYBL teams or anything right now, but this is decent competition.

TEAM FINAL vs JERSEY FORCE (7/10/21) Hoop Group Summer Jam Fest (Full Game)

TEAM FINAL vs CROWN 17U (Jalen Duren, Justice Williams, Dereck Lively, Jameel Brown)

TEAM FINAL vs PHILLY PRIDE 17U (Jalen Duren, Justice Williams, Daniel Skillings) HIGH LEVEL TALENT!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like how he seems to get a dunk every game, which seemed apparent in his high school games too. It doesn't only speak to his athleticism but also his basketball iq, knowing where to be, being opportunistic, etc.

Reaction Score
Vs Gauchos

13-15 PTS (depending on FTs)
0 REB
3 AST

1 TO
2 STL
0 BLK

5/6 2FG
1/3 3FG
?/2 FT

Missed 2
TEAM FINAL vs NY GAUCHOS 17U (Jalen Duren, Justice Williams, Dereck Lively, Corey Floyd, Jameel B.)

Drawn foul. No idea if he made them
TEAM FINAL vs NY GAUCHOS 17U (Jalen Duren, Justice Williams, Dereck Lively, Corey Floyd, Jameel B.)

Drive for 2. Went to the left--nice to see

Another 2

Clanged 3

Another 2

Assist to Duren for the jam

Sees the mismatch and posts up for 2

TO

Steal + assist… sort of. I’ll count it

Assist

Airballed 3

No counting stats, but I love seeing him work on the handle, and a great drive and hockey assist here.

Dunk off the inbounds

3 ball

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom