Corey Floyd, Jr. taking the reigns? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Corey Floyd, Jr. taking the reigns?

Reaction Score
Time will tell
Sanogo should be adapting into a 4
Maybe the following two years it will happen
He has trouble finishing inside of three feet. His range extends to maybe 12 feet. He should be focusing on passing out of double teams and finishing at the rim. Playing a lineup of DC, Sanogo and Jackson is ridiculous in today’s game. Calling for our first team big East center and best returning player to make room for DC is just not a good idea.

Reaction Score
He has trouble finishing inside of three feet. His range extends to maybe 12 feet. He should be focusing on passing out of double teams and finishing at the rim. Playing a lineup of DC, Sanogo and Jackson is ridiculous in today’s game. Calling for our first team big East center and best returning player to make room for DC is just not a good idea.
He also struggles defending quicker players, especially on the perimeter. It’s not a knock on him, it’s just not his game. He’s not a 4 in the modern game. Full stop.

Reaction Score
I disagree with you on this, if Floyd was a better option than Gaffney and Diggins it was a mistake not playing him. We were a guard short all year long and it really hamstrung the team.
Absolutely. An extra win or two changes our seed, matchups, etc. and we are a stronger deeper team. On a team that seemed to lack productive guards I think burning the red shirt would have made perfect sense. This kid is tough and a baller. If he even made the team incrementally better it would have been worth playing him.

Reaction Score
It would be cool if two entire underachieving rosters could transfer to different programs and the opposing coaches make a private bet between themselves on which coach gets more out of them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I disagree with you on this, if Floyd was a better option than Gaffney and Diggins it was a mistake not playing him. We were a guard short all year long and it really hamstrung the team.
I think it depends not on whether he was a better option than Gaffney or Diggins, but whether he was a good option. It would make no sense to put him out there just to fail less than the other two guys.

In any event, I’m really looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Reaction Score
Love Clingan. He is a gem when it comes to intangables.
Hold the ball in the sky love it.
He will surprise everyone with his heart and ability.
Ct kd instant fan favorite. Move Sonogo to the 4 and play him and DC at the same time.
Clingan is even less of a fit to Danny’s high hedge than Adama. We are not at Wagner anymore.

Reaction Score
It would be cool if two entire underachieving rosters could transfer to different programs and the opposing coaches make a private bet between themselves on which coach gets more out of them.
How private do you think that bet would remain?;)

CL82

Reaction Score
Clingan is even less of a fit to Danny’s high hedge than Adama. We are not at Wagner anymore.
Wait, did we used to be?

Reaction Score
I have a sincere question for anyone who might know. Did Hurley’s teams always high hedge at Wagner and Rhode Island? Did he change it up from year to year based on personnel?

Reaction Score
Clingan seems like a great kid and will be a good one at UConn, but it’s wild to suggest moving a first team all big East player out of position for a kid who has never played a minute of college bball. If you thought our team couldn’t shoot last year, any team playing DC and Sanogo at the same time would make them look like the 2018 Warriors.

The takes on the boneyard sometimes

I’m not sure anyone is all that serious about this but to think it can’t happen 5-6 minutes a game is also crazy. By no means would that situation, if it’s even possible, take Sanogo out of position. Actually it would have a 7footer on the foul line with the ability to shoot it from there as well as pass it to Adama. By no means will it be often but with some work in practice could be a tough match up versus some teams in situations. Might have to play some zone with the 2 of them out there but again, DH needs to be creative with some things and adjust.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I think the toughest of Floyd over came the both of them. They seen it all year at practice last year
It might have been interesting to see him taking it to the rim against either one of them.

Reaction Score
Yes! Let's build ridiculous expectations for someone who hasn't dribbled in a competitive game in over a year (and is not a point guard.) Then we can trash him relentlessly for not being a luxury car.
Something of a...mazdarati? Or perhaps a cavillac?

Reaction Score
Unless Sanogo really improves his shooting I don’t think this will happen
The great 4s hit 3-point shots; Sanogo probably has to learn to extend his range to ten feet.

Reaction Score
Love Clingan. He is a gem when it comes to intangables.
Hold the ball in the sky love it.
He will surprise everyone with his heart and ability.
Ct kd instant fan favorite. Move Sonogo to the 4 and play him and DC at the same time.
At least the Boneyard isn’t the only place for wild lineup takes. Check the reply here.

Attachments

• C50CF7DA-7568-4D0F-974E-227B95AF09D7.jpeg
    C50CF7DA-7568-4D0F-974E-227B95AF09D7.jpeg
    248.3 KB · Views: 191

CL82

Reaction Score
Clingan is obviously going to play the point; point-center is the new PG lol.
He’s a good passer and we don’t have to worry about his vision being obscured by the defender. Really it sounds like a plan to me.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I’m not sure anyone is all that serious about this but to think it can’t happen 5-6 minutes a game is also crazy. By no means would that situation, if it’s even possible, take Sanogo out of position. Actually it would have a 7footer on the foul line with the ability to shoot it from there as well as pass it to Adama. By no means will it be often but with some work in practice could be a tough match up versus some teams in situations. Might have to play some zone with the 2 of them out there but again, DH needs to be creative with some things and adjust.
2 centers on the floor at same time. We’ve never seen that before. Let’s try it!

pj

Reaction Score
He’s a good passer and we don’t have to worry about his vision being obscured by the defender. Really it sounds like a plan to me.

Rules question. If Corey Floyd Jr stands on Clingan's shoulders with the ball, and Clingan trots up court without touching the ball, is it traveling? After all Corey has his pivot foot on Clingan's shoulder the whole time, and Clingan never touches the ball.

Should be an easy dunk from 13 feet up. I think DH should give this play a try.

Reaction Score
Rules question. If Corey Floyd Jr stands on Clingan's shoulders with the ball, and Clingan trots up court without touching the ball, is it traveling? After all Corey has his pivot foot on Clingan's shoulder the whole time, and Clingan never touches the ball.

Should be an easy dunk from 13 feet up. I think DH should give this play a try.
That's against the rules. The click bait article that was posted here a couple of weeks ago actually touched on the topic. A player may not lift another player, nor may a player climb on another.

Reactions: pj

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom