Corey Evans on Bouknight & Akok | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Corey Evans on Bouknight & Akok

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Boeheim can't have too many more years left on the tank. Is he planning to coach his son all four years? He'd be 78. JC retired at 70.

Him and K are going to try to make it to 90. Tiger Blood.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
one rent-a-melo year from ZERO
yeah lets brag about 5 BE championships BUT guess who has 7?
Cuse fans are the most uneducated fans in college basketball, they can spout any of the Cuse stats but feel the need to argue about real success
4/1

Reaction Score
Wow if we get these two and Precious this is going to be a great class. I thought Rocket was no chance, but now I think different. His parents want him out of the state of Michigan, so hopefully Hurley can convince him Uconn is the place for him. Just the fact we are in the running for all these guys after the last two years says a lot about Hurley. I’m staying optimistic. The waiting is driving me nuts.

If we get these two and Precious, they should immediately put a statue of Hurley titled "The Savior" outside Gampel!

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
one rent-a-melo year from ZERO
yeah lets brag about 5 BE championships BUT guess who has 7?
Cuse fans are the most uneducated fans in college basketball, they can spout any of the Cuse stats but feel the need to argue about real success
4/1
I don’t see how JB’s player development and success in the league(or lack there of) isn’t seen as a negative by now. Almost all his high ranked lands flamed out in the league.

Reaction Score
I don’t see how JB’s player development and success in the league(or lack there of) isn’t seen as a negative by now. Almost all his high ranked lands flamed out in the league.
Melo made money which is a good thing. He never won anything playing against grownups which is not so good. He just wished zone worked in The League.

Reaction Score
Actually I do think we have to give Beoheim credit where it's due. I mean he's not at Tyler Olander level, but he's a plucky, gritty coach.
Does Fishy get any like royalties on that, or are all you plagiarists robbing him blind?

Reaction Score
Whew, this is a doozy. The delusion is real up in Central New York.

"Im glad it looks like we’re one of the leaders for Akok. But If we lose him to UConn, that would be infuriating. Danny Hurley has zero track record coaching a P5 program. He’s been at mid-majors his entire fairly short career. JB has the track record—42 years worth of experience coaching and developing all different kinds of players, in all different kinds of eras of CBB. He’s seen and done it all, and even though he’s 73, he’s proven over and over again that he knows how to adjust to the times. He knows how to win big and win championships at the highest level. And he’s been there before—a national title, 6 Final Fours, many conference regular season and tournament titles. Do you want to trust your career and possible NBA future with the most proven coaching commodity in college basketball, or with someone who’s never coached a game at the p5 conference level? I just hope our assistant coaches understand the best way to frame and sell JB’s Hall of Fame career. I worry that they’re on the defensive about JB’s age instead of using his unparalleled experience to their advantage. I know recruiting is about relationships but GMac has the relationship here. UConn is a bygone blue blood, now playing in a mid major conference. Our ACC affiliation should trump UConn and most other northeast programs in most cases—all other things being equal. In the end I do think we get this kid and keep him out of UConn’s clutches."

Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) Offered
If we do get him, plus beat Syracuse this year, think of the fun we can have rubbing it in.

Reaction Score
If we do get him, plus beat Syracuse this year, think of the fun we can have rubbing it in.
If we get him, I'll set up a fake account on their board, post like a Syr. fan for the season, and then finish, after the 2nd round tourni loss, with a post about how we would have been a FF team if that darn D.H. and UConn hadn't stolen our key target. Lol.

pj

Reaction Score
If we get him, I'll set up a fake account on their board, post like a Syr. fan for the season, and then finish, after the 2nd round tourni loss, with a post about how we would have been a FF team if that darn D.H. and UConn hadn't stolen our key target. Lol.

Are you sure you can whine and moan for 5 full months?

Reaction Score
If we get these two and Precious, they should immediately put a statue of Hurley titled "The Savior" outside Gampel!
Recruiting isn’t a done deal until that recruit takes his first class , apparently even if it’s a summer class.
It’s hard to get excited about future kids when so much is unknown.
We’re talking 2019 kids
We don’t even have commit one yet and the date is still a year away.
My concerns revolve around not 2019 recruiting but the 2018 teams success.
Future recruiting success will be largely determined by that outcome and to a degree the fans response to it.
The atomspere which has been lost is an obstacle that needs to be addressed.

Reaction Score
It's why he won't be in the league in 3 years (if that)

edit and multiple players in the next draft class 2004 will easily outlast him (and had at least similar PERs last year): Iggy, Livingston, Dwight Howard, and Pau.

Then the next class 2005, same idea, you have Marvin Williams, Deron Williams, CP3, Felton, Channing Frye just might, Gerald Green

At this point, he won't be in the league soon because of his offense. He never gave you defense; now he doesn't give you anything offensively either. I'd be surprised if he's in the Rockets's rotation in the deeper rounds of the playoffs next Spring.

Reaction Score
I guess I thought Akok and Precious would be vying for the same minutes but now that I've looked a bit more - it seems like Precious is being recruited at the 3 and Akok at 4.

Is that the assumption that others have been under too?

Both guys are hard to project because Akok is wiry and has a very slashy game for someone 6-10 and on the other side Precious is super physical for a wing. They'd create a very versatile pair if on the same team. Could really create a ton of mismatches.

Reaction Score
Anyone know the difference between someone who thinks the world is flat and a Syracuse Fan?

Ones absolutely ignorant and delusional while the other.... thinks the world is flat.

I’m glad it looks like we’re one of the leaders for Akok. But If we lose him to UConn, that would be infuriating. Danny Hurley has zero track record coaching a P5 program. He’s been at mid-majors his entire fairly short career. JB has the track record—42 years worth of experience coaching and developing all different kinds of players, in all different kinds of eras of CBB. He’s seen and done it all, and even though he’s 73, he’s proven over and over again that he knows how to adjust to the times. He knows how to win big and win championships at the highest level. And he’s been there before—a national title, 6 Final Fours, many conference regular season and tournament titles. Do you want to trust your career and possible NBA future with the most proven coaching commodity in college basketball, or with someone who’s never coached a game at the p5 conference level? I just hope our assistant coaches understand the best way to frame and sell JB’s Hall of Fame career. I worry that they’re on the defensive about JB’s age instead of using his unparalleled experience to their advantage. I know recruiting is about relationships but GMac has the relationship here. UConn is a bygone blue blood, now playing in a mid major conference. Our ACC affiliation should trump UConn and most other northeast programs in most cases—all other things being equal. In the end I do think we get this kid and keep him out of UConn’s clutches.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I guess amongst all the other top recruits recently, I didn’t realize he’s that highly ranked.

Exciting, to say the least, along with (ba ba)Bouknight and the others.

Reaction Score
Any realistic chance we get all 3 of Akok, Precious, Cockburn? Or is it assumed if 1-2 commit, then the 3rd loses interest? Or can all 3 stay on the floor at the same time?

Reaction Score
Oh God why do I follow recruiting. The idea of Bouknight, Gaffney, Kofi, Achiuwa and Ak* committing isn't realistic at all yet I keep telling myself it can happen
The exciting part is its really realistic...

Reaction Score
I guess amongst all the other top recruits recently, I didn’t realize he’s that highly ranked.

Exciting, to say the least, along with (ba ba)Bouknight and the others.

He took a big jump in at least 1 of the services in July. Think 247 bumped him up 50 spots.
From the Akok update thread:

Reaction Score
this-pleases-me-greatly-14228864.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members