Corey Evans on Bouknight & Akok | The Boneyard

Corey Evans on Bouknight & Akok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Wednesday's Leftovers: Latest on Memphis, Indiana, Florida, more

On Bouknight: "If I had to select one as the program to beat, UConn might be it. Much still has to play out in the coming weeks with Bouknight, and his visits to his finalists should clarify things further. However, the Huskies and Hoosiers are the ones to beat for one of the better shot-makers in the class of 2019."

On Akok: "Give me Syracuse or UConn for Akok Akok. The four-star forward put together one of the better summers that a rising senior could ever dream of, but even before that his recruitment had risen, as some of the best programs in the Northeast had placed a heavy priority on him. The Orange and Huskies are not the only programs in the mix for the unique prospect, as Maryland, Georgetown and Providence are three others that may have a say with where Akok ends up. However, Syracuse and UConn gained some traction in the spring, and that momentum didn’t stall a bit in July. Look for visits to be set in the coming weeks with things coming down to the Orange and the Huskies. I might give the slight edge to the Huskies."

Reaction Score
Wow if we get these two and Precious this is going to be a great class. I thought Rocket was no chance, but now I think different. His parents want him out of the state of Michigan, so hopefully Hurley can convince him Uconn is the place for him. Just the fact we are in the running for all these guys after the last two years says a lot about Hurley. I’m staying optimistic. The waiting is driving me nuts.

Reaction Score
Wow if we get these two and Precious this is going to be a great class. I thought Rocket was no chance, but now I think different. His parents want him out of the state of Michigan, so hopefully Hurley can convince him Uconn is the place for him. Just the fact we are in the running for all these guys after the last two years says a lot about Hurley. I’m staying optimistic. The waiting is driving me nuts.

Just give me Gaffney, Watts, Bouknight, Precious, Akok, and Cockburn. I don't ask for much.

Reaction Score
Our little brothers in CNY may not be consolable if we land Akok.
I’m glad it looks like we’re one of the leaders for Akok. But If we lose him to UConn, that would be infuriating. Danny Hurley has zero track record coaching a P5 program. He’s been at mid-majors his entire fairly short career. JB has the track record—42 years worth of experience coaching and developing all different kinds of players, in all different kinds of eras of CBB. He’s seen and done it all, and even though he’s 73, he’s proven over and over again that he knows how to adjust to the times. He knows how to win big and win championships at the highest level. And he’s been there before—a national title, 6 Final Fours, many conference regular season and tournament titles. Do you want to trust your career and possible NBA future with the most proven coaching commodity in college basketball, or with someone who’s never coached a game at the p5 conference level? I just hope our assistant coaches understand the best way to frame and sell JB’s Hall of Fame career. I worry that they’re on the defensive about JB’s age instead of using his unparalleled experience to their advantage. I know recruiting is about relationships but GMac has the relationship here. UConn is a bygone blue blood, now playing in a mid major conference. Our ACC affiliation should trump UConn and most other northeast programs in most cases—all other things being equal. In the end I do think we get this kid and keep him out of UConn’s clutches.

Reaction Score
Whew, this is a doozy. The delusion is real up in Central New York.

"Im glad it looks like we’re one of the leaders for Akok. But If we lose him to UConn, that would be infuriating. Danny Hurley has zero track record coaching a P5 program. He’s been at mid-majors his entire fairly short career. JB has the track record—42 years worth of experience coaching and developing all different kinds of players, in all different kinds of eras of CBB. He’s seen and done it all, and even though he’s 73, he’s proven over and over again that he knows how to adjust to the times. He knows how to win big and win championships at the highest level. And he’s been there before—a national title, 6 Final Fours, many conference regular season and tournament titles. Do you want to trust your career and possible NBA future with the most proven coaching commodity in college basketball, or with someone who’s never coached a game at the p5 conference level? I just hope our assistant coaches understand the best way to frame and sell JB’s Hall of Fame career. I worry that they’re on the defensive about JB’s age instead of using his unparalleled experience to their advantage. I know recruiting is about relationships but GMac has the relationship here. UConn is a bygone blue blood, now playing in a mid major conference. Our ACC affiliation should trump UConn and most other northeast programs in most cases—all other things being equal. In the end I do think we get this kid and keep him out of UConn’s clutches."

Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) Offered

Reaction Score
A Syracuse poster that seems to have some credibility is swearing that we are losing positioning with both Cockburn and Precious and that their transfers are telling factors for us in their recruitment. Any truth to this?

Reaction Score
I’m glad it looks like we’re one of the leaders for Akok. But If we lose him to UConn, that would be infuriating. Danny Hurley has zero track record coaching a P5 program. He’s been at mid-majors his entire fairly short career. JB has the track record—42 years worth of experience coaching and developing all different kinds of players, in all different kinds of eras of CBB. He’s seen and done it all, and even though he’s 73, he’s proven over and over again that he knows how to adjust to the times. He knows how to win big and win championships at the highest level. And he’s been there before—a national title, 6 Final Fours, many conference regular season and tournament titles. Do you want to trust your career and possible NBA future with the most proven coaching commodity in college basketball, or with someone who’s never coached a game at the p5 conference level? I just hope our assistant coaches understand the best way to frame and sell JB’s Hall of Fame career. I worry that they’re on the defensive about JB’s age instead of using his unparalleled experience to their advantage. I know recruiting is about relationships but GMac has the relationship here. UConn is a bygone blue blood, now playing in a mid major conference. Our ACC affiliation should trump UConn and most other northeast programs in most cases—all other things being equal. In the end I do think we get this kid and keep him out of UConn’s clutches.
Oh God @August_West we have some new copypasta material here

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
. season Do you want to trust your career and possible NBA future with the most proven coaching commodity in college basketball,

Yeah, he's proven he can't coach a lick of real defense, doesn't prepare you for the League on that side of the ball, and quite frankly, most of his guys blow when they get to the NBA.

Jesus.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
A Syracuse poster that seems to have some credibility

giphy.gif

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-15_13-53-25.gif
    upload_2018-8-15_13-53-25.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 64

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I’m not going to get into titles and nba pros, but for a school that considers themselves above ya they sure do worry about us a lot

Reaction Score
Just give me Gaffney, Watts, Bouknight, Precious, Akok, and Cockburn. I don't ask for much.
We only got room for 5, I’ll take any 5 of those 6

Reaction Score
Yeah, he's proven he can't coach a lick of real defense, doesn't prepare you for the League on that side of the ball, and quite frankly, most of his guys blow when they get to the NBA.

Jesus.

Only guy I can think of that actually was an above level starter in the nba from syracuse was Melo, and that was so long ago...

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Only guy I can think of that actually was an above level starter in the nba from syracuse was Melo, and that was so long ago...

The only guys I can think of are even further back: Derrick Coleman, Ronny Seikaly, and Sherman Douglas.

Reaction Score
And he never could play a lick of defense.
It's why he won't be in the league in 3 years (if that)

edit and multiple players in the next draft class 2004 will easily outlast him (and had at least similar PERs last year): Iggy, Livingston, Dwight Howard, and Pau.

Then the next class 2005, same idea, you have Marvin Williams, Deron Williams, CP3, Felton, Channing Frye just might, Gerald Green

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32