Cord Cutters | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Cord Cutters

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I’m thinking of a combination of high speed internet, a Roku, YouTube Tv, Philos, & Netflix to kill the cable bill. Viewing their channels they’re missing SNY, YES, & NESN. How do I get those?

Reaction Score
You Tube added several channels. The hike stinks, but it allowed us to drop Philo now. Too many duplicate channels. It seams, they were out to crush Cable, then will become Cable prices.
It’s just not financially feasible. Programming is super expensive and Hulu has been bleeding money for years. People think cable companies make a fortune off tv but margins there are razor thin. Internet is where they make the big profits and phone is almost sheer profit.

Reaction Score
You Tube added several channels. The hike stinks, but it allowed us to drop Philo now. Too many duplicate channels. It seams, they were out to crush Cable, then will become Cable prices.

I was thinking of switching away from YoutubeTV, but I price checked other services and even after the hike, it is still the cheaper option.

Internet (300 Mbps) - $50
YoutubeTV - $65

Still cheaper for me than switching to all Comcast.

For those of you that have Hulu+LiveTV and have had YoutubeTV, is it better or worth the saving $10???

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
these companies wonder why people are going with Firesticks and other means of receiving shows, sports and other interest

Reaction Score
I see Paramount has been added to YouTube. I've heard good things about Yellowstone with Kevin Costner. Anyone see it yet?
Nickelodeon was added - which my younger one will like.

Reaction Score
Received the price increase email from YouTube TV this morning. To say the least I'm not happy about it. I wonder if they thought about placing these added channels on a separate tier, if people want these channels they can pay the extra $12-15/per month. I will cancel my subscription to YouTube TV before 8/19/2020 when new $64.99/month price takes effect. If I wanted to pay these fees I would have stayed with Comcast...Comcast already has me for Internet at $92.95/month (250 Mbps) download, and that's with my own Modem.

Reaction Score
Received the price increase email from YouTube TV this morning. To say the least I'm not happy about it. I wonder if they thought about placing these added channels on a separate tier, if people want these channels they can pay the extra $12-15/per month. I will cancel my subscription to YouTube TV before 8/19/2020 when new $64.99/month price takes effect. If I wanted to pay these fees I would have stayed with Comcast...Comcast already has me for Internet at $92.95/month (250 Mbps) download, and that's with my own Modem.
Can we get the same sports on HULU?

Reaction Score
Can we get the same sports on HULU?

I compared the sports networks with YouTube TV. Basically HULU has the same sports channels as YouTube TV. Below is a screen shot of their Sports Channels and below that the Live Local Channels for my zip code (06473 North Haven, CT). If you live in the SNY tri-state area, you should also get SNY. (to see what channels/networks you will get with HULU, the link below will guide you to add your zip code)

SNY was the important one since UConn Women's games are on there...will see what happens for this year since F1 covers the Big East. For those times CBS Sports broadcasts a game...that network is also available on HULU.

I signed up for the free 7 day trial this morning at $53+...what is YouTube TV currently. I will probably keep HULU and cancel YouTube TV.

1593606646948.png

Reaction Score
HULU looks like it has both and at the cost of the current YouTube TV price ($53.16 with tax) or HULU at $54.99.
Just be careful with Hulu pricing. I'm currently at YouTube. Just cut the cord a month ago and now I need to deal with the price increase! YouTube at $65 per month is the all-in fee. Hulu's base fee only allows 2 streaming devices at a time, 50 hours on the DVR and you can't fast-forward through commercials on the DVR. If you want unlimited devices (which would be more than YouTube's 3), 200 hours on the DVR and ability to fast forward through commercials you need to tack on another $15. it's pretty much the same price as YouTube when you factor in regular Hulu content.

Reaction Score
It seems that the Big 3 for sports streaming: Hulu, YouTube, Fubo are topping off at around 60-65 per month. It was only a matter of time before YouTube matched that price.

Even sling tv gets to around 60-65 with the DVR and extra sports upgrades.

Still much cheaper than cable with way more sports choices especially if you can split the cost with a buddy or family member.

Reaction Score
Just be careful with Hulu pricing. I'm currently at YouTube. Just cut the cord a month ago and now I need to deal with the price increase! YouTube at $65 per month is the all-in fee. Hulu's base fee only allows 2 streaming devices at a time, 50 hours on the DVR and you can't fast-forward through commercials on the DVR. If you want unlimited devices (which would be more than YouTube's 3), 200 hours on the DVR and ability to fast forward through commercials you need to tack on another $15. it's pretty much the same price as YouTube when you factor in regular Hulu content.

Thanks for info, at this time I just started my 7 days free trial with HULU. I was and still am with YouTube TV from the price I believe was $35/month. I was glad when YouTube TV added Discovery lineup of channels (Food Network, HGTV...etc) to bring the monthly price to about $50. This latest increase adding Viacom's channels to me is not worth the price. for the $65 +tax value. To me the sports channels especially SNY is more important. But hey, the good thing about these live streaming services...no yearly contracts.

Reaction Score
Just got an email from YouTube TV, they added Viacom networks but their price is going up $15 a month. So I guess Hulu is the way to go now?

EDIT: I opened this thread 3 hours ago the got sidetracked before I posted, looks like someone beat me to the punch.

A 30% price jump is ridiculous, and to use the Viacom channels as the excuse is crazy. There isn't one bit of content on any of those channels that I've missed when I switched to YouTubeTV. They are counting on people saying, "I was paying $180 for the same channels with [insert previous provider]." Well, for my situation, they're freaking right. They have NESN, CBS Sports and SNY, so they got me by the short ones.

Reaction Score
I hate to go back to comcast but they are already nearly $80 for internet. Now add $65. I think they have a package for $100 plus boxes for 2 years for double play with no phone.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I hate to go back to comcast but they are already nearly $80 for internet. Now add $65. I think they have a package for $100 plus boxes for 2 years for double play with no phone.

I'm getting 250 MBPS with Comcast for $60 right now, when my deal expires the price jumps to $90 a month. At that point I may look into bundles with them since streaming stuff is just going to continue to go up.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Anybody switching to GoNet yet for Internet? Hearing mixed reviews on speed.

Reaction Score
i have youtubetv, and i like it but this price increase is having me thinking about going upgrading my xfinitiy to the 210+ channel line up which will have all the sports i want except FS2.. does the Big East have alot of games on there? cause if so, that might be a deal breaker, and might just go with Hulu live

Reaction Score
I'm getting 250 MBPS with Comcast for $60 right now, when my deal expires the price jumps to $90 a month. At that point I may look into bundles with them since streaming stuff is just going to continue to go up.

I'm getting 300mbps for $50. I am not on a contract. When my contract did run out, I just called and asked what deals they were running. Ended up being cheaper doing it that way.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm getting 300mbps for $50. I am not on a contract. When my contract did run out, I just called and asked what deals they were running. Ended up being cheaper doing it that way.

Good to know, I was wondering how I was going to approach things when my contract runs up. That's a great deal, although I've found in the past that when I'm not on contract with Comcast, that my bill would slowly start to creep up every few months.

Reaction Score
I'm getting 1Gig with AT&T fiber for $49.99 a month with HBO Max for free. It will go up $20 in a year but I'm sure I can try for a lower plan as I only need the 300 mbps speed. I get reimbursed up to $60/month through my job as I'm a virtual employee so I don't want to go over that amount.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm getting 1Gig with AT&T fiber for $49.99 a month with HBO Max for free. It will go up $20 in a year but I'm sure I can try for a lower plan as I only need the 300 mbps speed. I get reimbursed up to $60/month through my job as I'm a virtual employee so I don't want to go over that amount.

Fiber would be the way to go if it were available, but it isn't in my area.

Reaction Score
Fiber would be the way to go if it were available, but it isn't in my area.
I actually preferred Comcast as I didn't have as many connection problems and I didn't need to use the AT&T Modem/Router. I know I can make it work with my own router but haven't done it. At least AT&T isn't charging me extra for the Modem/Router. Yeah I was just saying if you can keep your internet around the $50-$60 range with at least 250mbps you are doing well. Even though they advertise 1 Gig I'm really getting between 400-500 mbps most of the time wirelessly.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I see Paramount has been added to YouTube. I've heard good things about Yellowstone with Kevin Costner. Anyone see it yet?
Nickelodeon was added - which my younger one will like.
The first season of Yellowstone was very good. The second season jumped the shark. So far season 3 is an improvement.

Reaction Score
I compared the sports networks with YouTube TV. Basically HULU has the same sports channels as YouTube TV. Below is a screen shot of their Sports Channels and below that the Live Local Channels for my zip code (06473 North Haven, CT). If you live in the SNY tri-state area, you should also get SNY. (to see what channels/networks you will get with HULU, the link below will guide you to add your zip code)

SNY was the important one since UConn Women's games are on there...will see what happens for this year since F1 covers the Big East. For those times CBS Sports broadcasts a game...that network is also available on HULU.

I signed up for the free 7 day trial this morning at $53+...what is YouTube TV currently. I will probably keep HULU and cancel YouTube TV.

View attachment 56000
IM in Guilford. Looks like the same line up. Are UCONN games on FOXSports? Not listed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom