Coppin State Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Coppin State Game Thread

Reaction Score
Is adams the best PnR driver weve ever had? My guess is hes one of the top in the country.

Needs to get better footwork when hes shooting and play smarter D.
Remember that one guy back in ‘11?

Reaction Score
Look at Ollie on the bench after the last two time outs. Had his head down for 5-10 seconds just looking at the ground. He's defeated.

Reaction Score
Body languages of coaches is horrible. Ollie with his head down and shaking his head. Not a good look. Taking his tie and jacket off didn’t shake up the troops as intended.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Honestly, we did that often in the Calhoun days too. Many a player had their career high against us, mostly from 3.

No we didn't. That's incredibly anecdotal.

This game is just a new depth for our program.

Reaction Score
I feel bad because Ollie clearly cares. But whatever it is he’s doing or isn’t it’s not working
I agree until I remember he’s making $3.1 million a year, and he’s on pace to miss the tournament for the third time in four years.

Reaction Score
Ollie proved that he can get it done with good players. We just don't have any right now.

Reaction Score
I feel bad because Ollie clearly cares. But whatever it is he’s doing or isn’t it’s not working
Yeah but the same could be said for Dixon. Just saying.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I think the only team we soundly defeated this year was Queens College...Div II I believe.

Reaction Score
I hope Ollie (even though I doubt it) makes this team watch the tape of this game tonight. Some of the worst defense I have ever seen a Uconn team play

Reaction Score
That time out spelled it all out for me. He is actually trying to teach these guys how to play basketball. It is waaaayy too fast for these guys save jalen. I really don’t know what the solution is. No, not firing the coach you drama queens. And not running these guys into the dirt. It’s such a mystery. What was that pass by jalen?? This is crazy. And ko can’t take him out as he is our best guy. It’s the most ironic thing right now.

Reaction Score
The team won a game they were supposed to win. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Look at Ollie on the bench after the last two time outs. Had his head down for 5-10 seconds just looking at the ground. He's defeated.
Nothing is getting through. I’m a father of three. I do that head thing fifty times a day. In public. In front of really hot moms. No escape. Calhoun would publicly embarrass his guys. It is what is. Let’s get this break in and keep that apr score in tip top shape. Let’s pray for good news with rique and maybe a distant blessing with Wilson.

Reaction Score
That time out spelled it all out for me. He is actually trying to teach these guys how to play basketball. It is waaaayy too fast for these guys save jalen. I really don’t know what the solution is. No, not firing the coach you drama queens. And not running these guys into the dirt. It’s such a mystery. What was that pass by jalen?? This is crazy. And ko can’t take him out as he is our best guy. It’s the most ironic thing right now.

It's really not that hard to figure out. It's no myster that our defense is lazy and going through the motions. The team is constantly banged up from this glorified street ball that we play. We struggle to have an inside presence that doesn't 1 foul out and 2 can actually shoot the ball. It's so easy for a team to defend our pick and roll offense with just a basic zone. KO doesn't retain talent and only reason we even have a season rn is because he brought in a grad transfer guard who is the only guy with any heart. Saying he is our best option coach is such a cop our. Watch him pout on the bench as an HORIBLE coppin state team almost beats us in front of a 2k person crowd is a disgrace. He's in way over his head. The bleeding needs to stop now.

Reaction Score
Ollie proved that he can get it done with good players. We just don't have any right now.

It's his job to get them. College athletics really boils down to the coach in my opinion. A good coach will hire the right assistants, recruit talented players, develop these players, and win games. Right now there isn't much reason to think he will get it turned around. League play tells all, but we don't have the look of a team that will compete for the top half of the league.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom