Coors Light Club for Young Alumni | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Coors Light Club for Young Alumni

Reaction Score
Is there a link for this?

You have to call the ticket office -- the email they sent around this morning stating you have to call and includes the number at the ticket office and instructions how to get a hold of someone to ask about it.

I called and spoke to someone and they were very enthusiastic about the concept and it sounds like the AD is really making a push to bring the tailgate inside and get attendance up and then hopefully when the on field product improves, these folks will then be drawn to the actual game.

I like the idea a lot. Sounds like its $60 for Young Alumni, $60 for existing season ticket holders to buy (in other words you can get more season tickets just that these tickets are just standing room but get people in the stadium for cheap plus beer deals and tastings), and $150 for the season or $25/game for non-season ticket holders/non-Young Alumni.

For now as I understand this is an exclusive area so if you do not have a ticket specifically to this area, you cannot access it.

Reaction Score
You have to call the ticket office -- the email they sent around this morning stating you have to call and includes the number at the ticket office and instructions how to get a hold of someone to ask about it.

I called and spoke to someone and they were very enthusiastic about the concept and it sounds like the AD is really making a push to bring the tailgate inside and get attendance up and then hopefully when the on field product improves, these folks will then be drawn to the actual game.

I like the idea a lot. Sounds like its $60 for Young Alumni, $60 for existing season ticket holders to buy (in other words you can get more season tickets just that these tickets are just standing room), and $150 for the season or $25/game for non-season ticket holders/non-Young Alumni.
Did they say if you can purchase single game tickets for the area?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I thought the same thing re: the family section, but it doesn't look like that's where the family section is anymore.

View attachment 33534
Is green the visitors still? Need to cut that section in half. That upper corner is a ghost land. I think there may be a minimum number of visitors seats you have to provide though.

Reaction Score
Did they say if you can purchase single game tickets for the area?

For now it's only being offered as a season ticket option, but I told them they should offer it on gameday and the guy said it was just introduced so it could change before the start of the season.

Reaction Score
For now it's only being offered as a season ticket option, but I told them they should offer it on gameday and the guy said it was just introduced so it could change before the start of the season.
It'll be a big mistake if you can't buy a single game option. That is the tailgating crowd that they're trying to get...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It'll be a big mistake if you can't buy a single game option. That is the tailgating crowd that they're trying to get...

Agreed. Not sure people want to commit to these seats every week. I know I would want to do it for just one game.

I think they sell the season tickets, then day off they sell a $10 add on for access and/or do the same on the spot for walk ups.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Agreed. Not sure people want to commit to these seats every week. I know I would want to do it for just one game.

I think they sell the season tickets, then day off they sell a $10 add on for access and/or do the same on the spot for walk ups.
Despite my ranting I like the idea to make this a separate ticket and keep people in their seats but if they are gonna do it then they need to let people in for 10 bucks or something

Reaction Score
got a call from a rep asking if I’d wanna join. Apparently they’re setting up an area with beer tastings and events and TVs set up with other college games on under the scoreboard. Young alumni can go for $60 for the whole season if you’re a season ticket holder. I don’t drink and didn’t wanna be distracted from the game so declined, but interesting idea. Sounds like something @whaler11 may enjoy
Key word... young.

Reaction Score
This was the prime area for meet-ups and socializing. Now it is gonna cause major congestion. Gonna piss a lotta people off.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
With all the craft beer in New England, it blows my mind that I don’t hear about UConn and the Rent capitalizing.

Granted I haven’t been in New England for several years now and may have missed something, but do they not have anything set up for at least the tailgate, if not inside as well? A few rotating breweries show up with a tent and a couple kegs, some simple drink ticket system, everyone would make an absolute killing

I'd propose paying an upgrade for a personal tap system in your field box.

Reaction Score
If this gets a few more people who normally don't attend games through the turnstiles and spending money on concessions that's a good thing.

TKs

Reaction Score
Just bought 2 for $120. for the season ($60. each). Think this is a great idea for anyone that loves college football (undependable cell service there makes it hard to get scores of other games) and with legalized sports gambling around the corner this could be a very popular area. Guy on phone said they are getting lots of calls and they are capping it at around 250 people. Isn't this the kind of thinking we've been asking for on here for years? Not getting all the negative posts shooting this down.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If this gets a few more people who normally don't attend games through the turnstiles and spending money on concessions that's a good thing.
Monetizing under performing space. It makes a lot of sense. If done well it could become our version of Fenway's Green Monster seats. Non-productive space converted to premium space.

The really interesting thing it will help the stadium look more full by taking away an area that people could previously congregate away from their seats. If they had just closed the area, there would be a big fan uproar, but making if a paid area, effectively does the same thing. I wonder if that was part of the plan.

Reaction Score
They should sell separate tasting vouchers for actual seat ticket holders so they can get what ever beer tasting is going on that day. Give the ones who purchased the ticket to be in that area wristbands.

Why should the people paying less to be there get the discounted beer prices and I'm assuming free beer tasting of whatever is at the shel stadium that day

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
They should sell separate tasting vouchers for actual seat ticket holders so they can get what ever beer tasting is going on that day. Give the ones who purchased the ticket to be in that area wristbands.

Why should the people paying less to be there get the discounted beer prices and I'm assuming free beer tasting of whatever is at the shel stadium that day

Maybe the way it will be set up is for the beer vendors to sit as a rear partition to the standing room zone so that the beer is available to the standing room crowd and all the others. Otherwise, I agree what vendor also wants to be limited to selling to just 250 people.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Just bought 2 for $120. for the season ($60. each). Think this is a great idea for anyone that loves college football (undependable cell service there makes it hard to get scores of other games) and with legalized sports gambling around the corner this could be a very popular area. Guy on phone said they are getting lots of calls and they are capping it at around 250 people. Isn't this the kind of thinking we've been asking for on here for years? Not getting all the negative posts shooting this down.
Are you associated with TKs in Danbury?

Reaction Score
Good idea, I would think it would do better as a single game purchase than season tickets though

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I know right? Let us know when they set up the Johnny Walker Young Alumni Club.

It's my oldest's birthday today. At 6, he is much closer to double digits than he is his birthdate. Regardless of my age, this puts me on the steps of being a curmudgeon, if not old as well. Knowing full well that UConn football needs to backfill the young fans in a bad way, I say to heck with the Young Alumni. Where's the Turning-the-Corner of-Middle-Age-Alumni Club? Johnny Walker can still be title sponsor.

Fathers of two in their early 40's need the sauce far more than twenty-somethings do.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Fathers of two in their early 40's need the sauce far more than twenty-somethings do.

Great, lets form our own club.... we can use the visitors section, that often has space.

Reaction Score
It's my oldest's birthday today. At 6, he is much closer to double digits than he is his birthdate. Regardless of my age, this puts me on the steps of being a curmudgeon, if not old as well. Knowing full well that UConn football needs to backfill the young fans in a bad way, I say to heck with the Young Alumni. Where's the Turning-the-Corner of-Middle-Age-Alumni Club? Johnny Walker can still be title sponsor.

Been there, agree with that

Reaction Score
It would be nice at some point soon if the Rent could get a little renovation and add some different elements to the stadium.

The XL Center did that with the loge seating and fan bar; Dunkin' Donuts Park has 15+ different ways to watch the game. The new Dillon Stadium will have a beer garden, etc. That's the new trend for these facilities. You have to give people different ways to take in a game. This idea for the Coors Light Club is a step in the right direction but pop-up type things usually come off looking shoddy (ex. the seating behind the glass in the XL Center with the table tops) that looks horrendous, but if they actually transformed it legitimately by spending some $, it would be a good area.

I like what SMU did, that could be something for UConn to explore to get students off campus.

Reactions: TKs

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom