Coors Light Club for Young Alumni | The Boneyard

Coors Light Club for Young Alumni

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
got a call from a rep asking if I’d wanna join. Apparently they’re setting up an area with beer tastings and events and TVs set up with other college games on under the scoreboard. Young alumni can go for $60 for the whole season if you’re a season ticket holder. I don’t drink and didn’t wanna be distracted from the game so declined, but interesting idea. Sounds like something @whaler11 may enjoy

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
this is awesome

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
this is awesome

I think it’s a great idea. They’ll definitely piss off all the old dudes who like to drink under the scoreboard though with that spot now being roped off

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
A beer tasting set up by Coors Light? Yum.

I’m not huge on stuff like this. It takes people who ACTUALLY make it into the stadium out of the game. And they’re setting up the drunk 23 yr old club right behind the family section? This sounds like a disaster.

For the record, I hate the bar at the XL Center too. We have enough empty seats there without taking 1000 people out of their seats.

Of course the objective is to make money not have a home field advantage so hopefully it will at least succeed with that

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Just got an email on it. Looks to be open to everyone at $25 bucks a game and the tastings will be complementary local brews.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Coors Light isn’t really drinking
I know right? Let us know when they set up the Johnny Walker Young Alumni Club.
Drunk%2Bguy%2Bat%2BOrioles%2Bgame2.JPG

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Sounds fantastic. Now will this get the tailgating crowd into the stadium to continue their tailgate?!?!

Collective pat on the back to the Boneyard for suggesting this idea a while back.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
got a call from a rep asking if I’d wanna join. Apparently they’re setting up an area with beer tastings and events and TVs set up with other college games on under the scoreboard. Young alumni can go for $60 for the whole season if you’re a season ticket holder. I don’t drink and didn’t wanna be distracted from the game so declined, but interesting idea. Sounds like something @whaler11 may enjoy

I know what Coors Light tastes like.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sounds fantastic. Now will this get the tailgating crowd into the stadium to continue their tailgate?!?!

Collective pat on the back to the Boneyard for suggesting this idea a while back.

I forgot when we said put in a sports bar and then charge a $25 cover lol

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I forgot when we said put in a sports bar and then charge a $25 cover lol
I swear it was suggested a month ago. Can't recall by whom.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You don't drink, you don't work, you don't have much of a garden.... millenials.
I bet he has digital versions of all of these. The first generation born and raised by the internet.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I can appreciate the creativity, but I don't think people buying young alumni season tickets are the target audience. Like the OP, if I'm buying tickets to 6 games, I care about watching the games. I'm not going to pay an extra $25 for a social hour, but I'm sure there are casual fans that would. I think they'll struggle if they don't open it up to everybody.

Reaction Score
With all the craft beer in New England, it blows my mind that I don’t hear about UConn and the Rent capitalizing.

Granted I haven’t been in New England for several years now and may have missed something, but do they not have anything set up for at least the tailgate, if not inside as well? A few rotating breweries show up with a tent and a couple kegs, some simple drink ticket system, everyone would make an absolute killing

Reaction Score
I can appreciate the creativity, but I don't think people buying young alumni season tickets are the target audience. Like the OP, if I'm buying tickets to 6 games, I care about watching the games. I'm not going to pay an extra $25 for a social hour, but I'm sure there are casual fans that would. I think they'll struggle if they don't open it up to everybody.
They have to target young alumni because most young alumni don’t care about UConn football. And they will not be young alumni forever. The next 30 years worth of season tickets need to be won now

Of course none of it matters without wins

Reaction Score
They have to target young alumni because most young alumni don’t care about UConn football. And they will not be young alumni forever. The next 30 years worth of season tickets need to be won now

Of course none of it matters without wins
I think I misunderstood the OP. I thought this club was exclusive to young alumni season ticket holders. If it's open to all young alumni, then it makes more sense.

@Dream Jobbed 2.0 - would you mind screenshotting the email you got?

Reaction Score
This is a great idea. Think this will help get more people into the stadium.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom