Coors Light Club for Young Alumni | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Coors Light Club for Young Alumni

Reaction Score
It would be nice at some point soon if the Rent could get a little renovation and add some different elements to the stadium.

The XL Center did that with the loge seating and fan bar; Dunkin' Donuts Park has 15+ different ways to watch the game. The new Dillon Stadium will have a beer garden, etc. That's the new trend for these facilities. You have to give people different ways to take in a game. This idea for the Coors Light Club is a step in the right direction but pop-up type things usually come off looking shoddy (ex. the seating behind the glass in the XL Center with the table tops) that looks horrendous, but if they actually transformed it legitimately by spending some $, it would be a good area.

I like what SMU did, that could be something for UConn to explore to get students off campus.
the last thing we should do is pour money into the Rent. If we get accepted into a P5 conference then we can start talking

Reaction Score
the last thing we should do is pour money into the Rent. If we get accepted into a P5 conference then we can start talking

It already has close to 20 years worth of wear & tear - gonna have to at some point.

Reaction Score
The students already make it off campus; they just don't come into the stadium.

Ok fair enough, but something like what SMU did *could* tempt them to actually come into the stadium.

Reaction Score
Ok fair enough, but something like what SMU did *could* tempt them to actually come into the stadium.

100%, either 1 of 2 things has to happen: the product on the field needs to get significantly better (I'm optimistic it will but its football so it doesn't happen overnight) or the AD does something like this but geared towards students (give Ted's an area in the stadium if that's what it takes).

I really empathize with today's students since I went to almost every game as a student when they were good, but when this program became unwatchable I was more than content to just sleep in and watch the game from Hilltop.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The student crowd at football games usually outperforms the team. This is a place where winning would definitely help.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They should do free beer for students regardless of their age. Just keep kegs in the aisles
That's what got me into soccer. Keg in the stands with a sleeve of cups.

Reaction Score
If you buy a ticket/pass, can you sample brews, buy cheaper beer, and still go back to your ST seat?

Or do they limit you to drink the samples/discounted beer in that section only?

Please don’t give the yellows another stupid rule to enforce and ruin the gameday experience.

Reaction Score
It would be nice at some point soon if the Rent could get a little renovation and add some different elements to the stadium.

The XL Center did that with the loge seating and fan bar; Dunkin' Donuts Park has 15+ different ways to watch the game. The new Dillon Stadium will have a beer garden, etc. That's the new trend for these facilities. You have to give people different ways to take in a game. This idea for the Coors Light Club is a step in the right direction but pop-up type things usually come off looking shoddy (ex. the seating behind the glass in the XL Center with the table tops) that looks horrendous, but if they actually transformed it legitimately by spending some $, it would be a good area.

I like what SMU did, that could be something for UConn to explore to get students off campus.

I don't see why they need to do renovations or spend significant money to do that though. XL did because they needed to make a space for that sports bar. The area they are putting the coors light club in is currently a big open space. It should be relatively easy and cheap to put something cool there.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They should do free beer for students regardless of their age. Just keep kegs in the aisles
You were born too late my friend. Pony kegs in the Memorial Stadium stands were pretty typical back in day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom