Coordinator Prediction Thread (HCRE) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Coordinator Prediction Thread (HCRE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To my knowledge, Weist has never worked with or for Edsall, nor has he either crossed paths with Benedict. So I don't expect to see him back as our OC. But I'd have no problem with it.

Reaction Score
To my knowledge, Weist has never worked with or for Edsall, nor has he either crossed paths with Benedict. So I don't expect to see him back as our OC. But I'd have no problem with it.

If it worked out with TJ maybe he can bring some of the staff and some of the USF recruits with them. Wouldn't that be nice! Randy has been out of the college recruiting business for over a year! Also wonder how much control RE would give TJ?

Reaction Score
Tim Polask from ND St. Without even looking him up, I know his team can score a lot and if he can recruit talent to North Dakota I'm guessing he can sell ice to an Eskimo.
Lol. People have been saying that for years about Geno. Meghan Pattyson..."He could sell ice cubes to the Eskimos". ⛄

Reaction Score
How about those lady Huskies? Shout out to them.

It just dawned on me, depending on how long Benedict is here, he may have had two humongous hiring decisions. The first is done with Edsall, and the second could be Geno. God, I wouldn't want to be the guy or gal to pick his successor...

Reaction Score
It just dawned on me, depending on how long Benedict is here, he may have had two humongous hiring decisions. The first is done with Edsall, and the second could be Geno. God, I wouldn't want to be the guy or gal to pick his successor...
Yikes!

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
God, I wouldn't want to be the guy or gal to pick his successor...

He likely will not be selecting Geno's successor. Geno has earned the right to hand pick his own successor--the AD (whoever it is at the time) will likely have very little say in who is the next coach.

Reaction Score
He likely will not be selecting Geno's successor. Geno has earned the right to hand pick his own successor--the AD (whoever it is at the time) will likely have very little say in who is the next coach.
If that's the case, which I believe it is, that's got to be terrifying, no? Your potential legacy among UConn fans could be based off of a decision you didn't make?

Reaction Score

I'm gonna guess Geno's successor is already a state employee.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Money's on Jen Rizzotti or Jamelle Elliott
Geno's gonna be at UCONN for another 8-10 years to obliterate every record on the books. Then Jen Rizzotti or Shea Ralph gets the job and Geno stays on as a recruiting consultant to keep the pipeline flowing.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Im going to guess its a good shot it will be an ex UConn player

Which got me thinking. It isn't that ridiculous to think that there is a chance that in 10 years, the four biggest sports at UConn could be coached by former UConn players who played under the original program legend/builder:

Ollie (Calhoun), Penders (Blaylock), Ralph (Auriema), Orlovsky (Edsall), and Donigan (Morrone).

That would be insane.

Reaction Score
Happy New Year guys.
Back to football....
Here's another guy with UConno Football ties... Vinny Marino... UConn alumn and former assistant in Edsall's first run, currently OC at Davidson. Was on BCU staff last year.
Sounds like a guy that would at least be added to the staff one would think. Not really sure if he's a fit at OC. Biggest thing about him is his ties to UConn, which is what we need on our staff.

Reaction Score
Happy New Year guys.
Back to football....
Here's another guy with UConno Football ties... Vinny Marino... UConn alumn and former assistant in Edsall's first run, currently OC at Davidson. Was on BCU staff last year.
Sounds like a guy that would at least be added to the staff one would think. Not really sure if he's a fit at OC. Biggest thing about him is his ties to UConn, which is what we need on our staff.

Wouldn't surprise me. He was @ the Press Conference... nice guy.

Reaction Score
We have plenty of guys with UConn ties that bleed blue ... and we don't have any room to turn this Burton building into a Tammany Hall of hangers on.

NOTE also that Aaron Smith is UAlbany WR and Recruiting Coordinator was at the Presser and we have Lyndon Johnson who just served as Towson Recruiting Coordinator in this past year. Both have some of what we need immediately. Smith is a brilliant young coach. Then ... of course you have Wholley and Fogarty at Fordham. We need a handful of transfer and a handful of under the radar quick picks. Maybe some of the Prep kids.

Then ... look at the Detroit Lions staff that Edsall is leaving and see two young rising guys on the Defensive side. Steven Williams - Harvard grad - with nice resume to this point; and the Raich who has had an interesting career.

Reaction Score
I'm gonna put this here since the other thread is for UConn players/former coaches. If I were RE I would place a call to Jeff Hafley right now. With Chip Kelly getting fired in San Fran he will be out of a job. He coached Dbacks at Pitt with Wanny and then came to RU with Cignetti Jr after Wanny was replaced by Todd Graham. The dude can recruit..especially in NJ..as a matter of fact he was responsible for the Jersey kids RU had in the class that Pernetti hired Flood to keep together after Shady left for Tampa.

Reaction Score
I'm gonna put this here since the other thread is for UConn players/former coaches. If I were RE I would place a call to Jeff Hafley right now. With Chip Kelly getting fired in San Fran he will be out of a job. He coached Dbacks at Pitt with Wanny and then came to RU with Cignetti Jr after Wanny was replaced by Todd Graham. The dude can recruit..especially in NJ..as a matter of fact he was responsible for the Jersey kids RU had in the class that Pernetti hired Flood to keep together after Shady left for Tampa.
Now this is thinking.

Reaction Score
Now this is thinking.
He's from Montvale in Bergen County...basically rebuilt Shady's relationships with schools like Bosco and Bergen Catholic. That part of NJ (ESPECIALLY the catholic schools) puts out a TON of good football players. Now can a 4-5 star kid come to UConn...like finding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...but could a guy like Hafley with his relationships get 3 star kids or 2 star kids who need a little tlc to come to Storrs...hell yeah.

Reaction Score
He's from Montvale in Bergen County...basically rebuilt Shady's relationships with schools like Bosco and Bergen Catholic. That part of NJ (ESPECIALLY the catholic schools) puts out a TON of good football players. Now can a 4-5 star kid come to UConn...like finding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...but could a guy like Hafley with his relationships get 3 star kids or 2 star kids who need a little tlc to come to Storrs...hell yeah.
I want some of those kids, including QB'S that end up as playmakers at Mac Schools to come here. I want kids with a long list of offers from our peer schools, G5 and conference memebers, including Temple. Something like that should be put barometer as we move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom