Cooper Flagg sets official UConn Visit! | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Cooper Flagg sets official UConn Visit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Does you friend want to help out UConn with landing Cooper Flagg?
Or by building a football stadium Storrs.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Awkward The Simpsons GIF

Reaction Score
I don't think the Flagg family is staying in Florida once the boys finish high school. So location once again might be worth something in his recruitment.

Maine basketball fans will have a chance to see Newport natives Cooper and Ace Flagg in person this winter.

Montverde Academy, the national basketball power for which the Flagg twins play, will play two games in Maine this winter, the Florida prep school confirmed Wednesday.

“It’s exciting for the boys and it’s exciting for our community,” said Kelly Flagg, who has been consulted by Montverde Academy regarding the upcoming games here. “I know that there are a lot of Maine fans that are going to be excited to be able to come and see them play, if they didn’t get a chance to go to Springfield (Massachusetts, in January) last year. They’ll definitely want to come out and see them in Maine.”

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
It all depends on what Flagg values. The football game concerns are ridiculous.

Player development- advantage UConn. Hurley is more proven than Scheyer.

Chance to win a national championship- slight edge to UConn but probably a moot point.

Conference- Advantage UConn probably.

NIL and media exposure- advantage Duke. He’d get plenty of exposure wherever he goes, but Duke is Duke. The ESPN darling. We all saw the Zion circus.

It’s an uphill battle for UConn but it’s not like Hurley is recruiting against Coach K. And never count out Bill $elf.

Reaction Score
I don't think the Flagg family is staying in Florida once the boys finish high school. So location once again might be worth something in his recruitment.

Since the family has already moved once to support their burgeoning careers, I would expect them to do the same again for college. Duke is definitely buying them a house nearby (see Zion), so I expect we'll need to do the same. Maybe a Real Estate firm NIL deal.

We would likely be a cheaper drive vs. flight to come see a couple times when he's in college for the extended family though.

Reaction Score
Since the family has already moved once to support their burgeoning careers, I would expect them to do the same again for college. Duke is definitely buying them a house nearby (see Zion), so I expect we'll need to do the same. Maybe a Real Estate firm NIL deal.

We would likely be a cheaper drive vs. flight to come see a couple times when he's in college for the extended family though.
What if the 2 boys go to different colleges? Is Duke taking Ace also?

Reaction Score

Why would they need a house bought for them? Wouldn’t they just need a 1 year house rental? It’s not like they’re going to stay in the college town once he’s drafted

Reaction Score
NIL and media exposure- advantage Duke. He’d get plenty of exposure wherever he goes, but Duke is Duke. The ESPN darling. We all saw the Zion circus.
Itll be a circus here too. Flagg coming here takes this program to another level. Imho we become the bad guys.

Reaction Score
So why would UConn even bother, if he’s such a heavy Duke lean? Well, why not? The Huskies are the reigning national champions, and will certainly be a preseason top-10 pick. They have had four players selected in the past three NBA drafts, including a pair of lottery picks (Jordan Hawkins, James Bouknight). And they could have two more lottery picks next summer in Donovan Clingan and freshman Stephon Castle.

Alternate access:

Cooper Flagg visits Storrs this weekend. Can UConn lure top basketball recruit from his dream school?

Reaction Score

Maine basketball fans will have a chance to see Newport natives Cooper and Ace Flagg in person this winter.

Montverde Academy, the national basketball power for which the Flagg twins play, will play two games in Maine this winter, the Florida prep school confirmed Wednesday.

“It’s exciting for the boys and it’s exciting for our community,” said Kelly Flagg, who has been consulted by Montverde Academy regarding the upcoming games here. “I know that there are a lot of Maine fans that are going to be excited to be able to come and see them play, if they didn’t get a chance to go to Springfield (Massachusetts, in January) last year. They’ll definitely want to come out and see them in Maine.”

Didn't know he had a twin... just get him! He's 6'7", 180# SF, and shoots almost 45% from 3.

Reaction Score
So why would UConn even bother, if he’s such a heavy Duke lean? Well, why not? The Huskies are the reigning national champions, and will certainly be a preseason top-10 pick. They have had four players selected in the past three NBA drafts, including a pair of lottery picks (Jordan Hawkins, James Bouknight). And they could have two more lottery picks next summer in Donovan Clingan and freshman Stephon Castle.

Alternate access:

Cooper Flagg visits Storrs this weekend. Can UConn lure top basketball recruit from his dream school?

Only other name mention is PN. Looks like staff will be focusing on the portal instead of 24 rest of the way.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just being in the battle and being official visit for Flagg benefits the brand. That said, Hurley has never struck me as huge type who does things for a participation award. Hurley works relentlessly and his time is at a premium. We are going after Flagg because Hurley thinks he's got a decent shot at landing him. And why not? We are the most successful program in the country over the last quarter century and are coming off our fifth national championship. Our facilities are excellent and our fan base is absolutely rabid. Of course both of those things can also be said about Duke and Kansas. We are far from a lock, but we're in the hunt. I look forward to Hurley's and the staff working their magic during Flagg's official visit.

(Also, kudos to Borges for sneaking in a "capturing (the) Flagg" reference in the article.)

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Unless Ace wants to be a star somewhere, any school would offer him as well if that's an issue.

He can play too.

Reaction Score
Itll be a circus here too. Flagg coming here takes this program to another level. Imho we become the bad guys.
You could certainly argue he will get more attention at uconn. At duke it will be cooper and four other one and dones. At uconn he will be the guy. Attention is spread at duke, coaching staff would more time to focus on him at uconn.

Reaction Score
Is there a bar/ restaurant by campus that has great atmosphere? I would skip the Capitol Grill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom