Cooper Flagg sets official UConn Visit! | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Cooper Flagg sets official UConn Visit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
You could certainly argue he will get more attention at uconn. At duke it will be cooper and four other one and dones. At uconn he will be the guy. Attention is spread at duke, coaching staff would more time to focus on him at uconn.

ESPN is still the largest sports network, he will get a ton of exposure on their channel if he goes to Duke.

Reaction Score
What date(s) is the OV actually scheduled for again?

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
It all depends on what Flagg values. The football game concerns are ridiculous.

Player development- advantage UConn. Hurley is more proven than Scheyer.

Chance to win a national championship- slight edge to UConn but probably a moot point.

Conference- Advantage UConn probably.

NIL and media exposure- advantage Duke. He’d get plenty of exposure wherever he goes, but Duke is Duke. The ESPN darling. We all saw the Zion circus.

It’s an uphill battle for UConn but it’s not like Hurley is recruiting against Coach K. And never count out Bill $elf.
He seems to value visiting his second choice one the same weekend his first choice happens to be in town and will more than likely destroy his second choice football team.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He seems to value visiting his second choice one the same weekend his first choice happens to be in town and will more than likely destroy his second choice football team.
Wait Flagg is going to be playing football too?! That surprises me, but we certainly could use him!

Reaction Score
Have we set anything special up for Cooper's visit?

Yes in East Hartford at Renschler the UConn footballs team defense is going to allow his dream schools football team to score at will!!!:eek:

Reaction Score
Yes in East Hartford at Renschler the UConn footballs team defense is going to allow his dream schools football team to score at will!!!:eek:
As with most threads, this one went off the rails. But here's my two cents on the impact of the a poor showing by our football team against his dream school if that were to happen. While Dook is ruining their reputation of being a basketball by having a respectable football program this season, UConn will continue to show that we are still a basketball school, where he can be the star of the sport that gets the most attention.

Frankly, I don't think the football game will have any impact whatsoever. Based on the type of kid he seems to be, and the fact that he's so highly touted and talented, that it really doesn't matter what program he plays for as far as national (ESPN drooling) perception and/or TV exposure is concerned. He's going to choose the program that he feels is the best fit for him. Let's hope he values the coaching and winning culture that Hurley has established here at uconn.

I could understand choosing your dream school if it still had its Hall of Fame coach, but that's not the case here. I don't know what the culture is at Dook now, but the culture at UConn is earning playing time by being coached up and working hard. I like our culture and hope we continue to get those type of recruits. Of course I'd love to see us land arguably the best recruit in this class who will likely be a one and done, but we've done pretty good over the years, including last year, winning championships with a handful of top 50 recruits and a solid supporting cast around them.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Wait Flagg is going to be playing football too?! That surprises me, but we certainly could use him!
I know it’s just a coincidence that he is visiting us the same week a bunch of Dook people are in town. I wonder what the rules are in this scenario. Can Dook people like maybe the AD or football coach talk to him? Is Sheyer going to attend the game. If he goes to Duke then I think this becomes something that comes up. It would be kind of petty on Flaggs part like rubbing it in our faces. Not sure why no one else on the board is talking about the irony or coincidence or innocence of the timing pf the visit.

Reaction Score
the naked gun facepalm GIF

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I know it’s just a coincidence that he is visiting us the same week a bunch of Dook people are in town. I wonder what the rules are in this scenario. Can Dook people like maybe the AD or football coach talk to him? Is Sheyer going to attend the game. If he goes to Duke then I think this becomes something that comes up. It would be kind of petty on Flaggs part like rubbing it in our faces. Not sure why no one else on the board is talking about the irony or coincidence or innocence of the timing pf the visit.
Yeah, tbh. I don’t like the idea of Flagg in town to watch Duke’s football team pummel us on the field.

Just not great vibes to set for a visit when we’re going to be competing with things like a First Night on the other end.

Reaction Score
Yeah, tbh. I don’t like the idea of Flagg in town to watch Duke’s football team pummel us on the field.

Just not great vibes to set for a visit when we’re going to be competing with things like a First Night on the other end.
So no chance of him thinking we're a football school too. ;)

Reaction Score
Somebody has to sell these kids on the marketing value of joining UConn and making UConn America's Team with Betsy, Ross, and Flagg. That combo and theme has to be a money maker with a zillion possibilities and catchy front cover or cereal box publicity. Backing it up on the court would make the team epic. (In the arenas clearly the 'wave' would catch on endlessly) A 'wave' in MSG would be awesome tv.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Are you sure being rabid is an advantage?
Absolutely. It's extremely contagious and the fear of water means that we consume alcohol during the games. That's why two dollar beer night was so successful. QED.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Danny and his staff don't waste their time on priority targets unless there is some indication of interest. They have busted their butts to get CF on campus through building a relationship with Cooper and his Family. We are on his short list which is significant. The odds of eventually closing him based on Duke's early lead?? Up for debate.

We've come a long way during the Hurley Years. Enjoy the ride.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Haha if this ends up being true, I'm definitely buying you a beer a game.

LOL cheapskate.

I bet I could raise 10k for that. It aint going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom