Cooley and Webber | The Boneyard

Cooley and Webber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know we have too many threads going on about Providence at the moment but I saw this tweet and thought it was hilarious. Cooley had Chris Webber call the recruits he has on campus this weekend. I find this to be a hilarious and kind of desperate move. Webber has zero connection to PC, it could be cool for an 18 year old kid but it seems tacky and desperate to me. I would think Ray Allen giving shooting pointers to a recruit on an official visit would be a little better than random players from other Universities calling recruits.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Agree 100%. That's like Steve Nash calling up AMA and Robinson and saying, "Go to UConn because....yeah I got paid to call you."

Reaction Score
While I agree that the 'zero' connection to the institution is plain silly, I kinda respect the way the PC staff framed things to attract recruits from this class. I of course want them all in Storrs and loathe the thought of AMA anywhere but Husky Land, but for a mostly bottom dwelling program- smart to do what you need to for kids to take notice.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I think the easiest solution is to have Ray Allen call them again.

caw

Reaction Score
I have two questions:

1)how is that not a secondary violation of some sort.

2) think Lebron and/or Durant could call them for Ollie, or should UConn just have its own NBA stars do it? I think any of them would do it for free. Lol

APA

Reaction Score
No, it turns out that he's friends with one of the PC asst coaches.

Reaction Score
I'm done participating in these PC threads after this. Part of me gives Huskyfandan credit for walking away.

These are the FACTS.

1) Ed Cooley has no results. He's been a head coach for 8 years and NEVER made the NCAA Tourney
2)PC hasn't won a tourney game sine 1997 (UConn has 3 National Championships in that time)
3) UConn has won 17 Big East Titles and PC has 1
4) FriarJ has no life which is clearly evident after his posting from his vacation in Alaska. That was so pathetic I almost felt bad for him. Then I realized he's just a loser that is obsessed with UConn's success, and dying to convert. Unfortunately your application has been denied fj

Reaction Score
It would be nice if on Wednesday, when Abu shows up at UConn...
Rip Hamilton shows up with his 1999 NCAA Championship Ring & his 2004 NBA Championship Ring.
Emeka Okafor & Ben Gordon show up with their 2004 NCAA Championship Rings.
Kemba Walker shows up with his 2011 NCAA Championship Ring.
Ray Allen shows up with his 2008 and 2011 NBA Championship Rings. Most likely scenario.

Then there are all those Big East Trophies, Three NCAA Trophies & Banners... & spectacular new UConn Practice Facility being built, which Abu would help break in.... How can a recruit not be impressed with that? Especially, since

I'm not sure Webber or PC has any rings, banners or trophies to show, but an untimely "Time Out" call will always be remembered for Webber.... ;)

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
we need to give up on these guys. it seems like they've been on pc campus every day now. him and his close friend are having a press conference to announce where they are both going to school, why wouldn't they do that if they both were going to pc?

Reaction Score
we need to give up on these guys. it seems like they've been on pc campus every day now. him and his close friend are having a press conference to announce where they are both going to school, why wouldn't they do that if they both were going to pc?
Don't be so dramatic. The only reason it feels like that is because PC fans have been storming this board like crazy and they are visiting PC this weekend. Why would they go though the trouble of visiting each school if they know they are going to the same school? If anything, this weekend came off as desperate for PC. Hiring Magic Johnson and Chris Webber to sing the praises of a school they probably just found out about? Come on.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Don't be so dramatic. The only reason it feels like that is because PC fans have been storming this board like crazy and they are visiting PC this weekend. Why would they go though the trouble of visiting each school if they know they are going to the same school? If anything, this weekend came off as desperate for PC. Hiring Magic Johnson and Chris Webber to sing the praises of a school they probably just found out about? Come on.

if any school could get magic to talk to me about anything related to basketball i would be very impressed. and kids visit some schools out of respect because of how hard these schools have recruited them. also most kids probably don't even no where magic played college ball.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
plus they have joseph coming that weekend too. weather we want to admit it or not, pc is building something big. at least this year

C

Chief00

Ollie has personally inscribed pictures of LeBron and Durrant on either side of his desk. So should we be worried about CWebb?

Reaction Score
Rumor is they're all going there and so is Snider, Oubre and even Blackmon Jr now.........

Doooooommmmmmmeeeeeeeedddddd.......;)

Reaction Score
I'm done participating in these PC threads after this. Part of me gives Huskyfandan credit for walking away.

These are the FACTS.

1) Ed Cooley has no results. He's been a head coach for 8 years and NEVER made the NCAA Tourney
2)PC hasn't won a tourney game sine 1997 (UConn has 3 National Championships in that time)
3) UConn has won 17 Big East Titles and PC has 1
4) FriarJ has no life which is clearly evident after his posting from his vacation in Alaska. That was so pathetic I almost felt bad for him. Then I realized he's just a loser that is obsessed with UConn's success, and dying to convert. Unfortunately your application has been denied fj

you forgot one important FACT: HFD was banned...he didn't walk away

Reaction Score
plus they have joseph coming that weekend too. weather we want to admit it or not, pc is building something big. at least this year

Surely you don't believe this. A really good recruiting class has not done anything for California, USC, Washington, Villanova, LSU, Miami and countless other schools that have landed 3 top 50s in one class. It takes a heckuva lot more than that to build something big. I'm not talking about UConn big, but say, Wisconsin big.

Reaction Score
If Terrell wants to play point in college, like he has said, than it does not seem smart to have him and Joseph coming in together...

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If Terrell wants to play point in college, like he has said, than it does not seem smart to have him and Joseph coming in together...

That's what I was thinking. The only place he could play point is Rhode Island or OKST when Smart leaves.

Reaction Score
Not sure what the big deal is. Cooley is just going all out with any means necessary (hopefully non-violation). He's desperate and is not backing down. How can one not respect that?

peecee threads are contaminating this board, there have been no threads about our conference opponents. Have things changed or is there something going on that some of us don't know about?

We are UConn dammit!

Reaction Score
Violation of NCAA rules if Kemba calls but ok if Webber calls for PeeCee. Non alumni ok, former players and Boneyarders NEGATIVE!!!:(

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not sure what the big deal is. Cooley is just going all out with any means necessary (hopefully non-violation). He's desperate and is not backing down. How can one not respect that?

peecee threads are contaminating this board, there have been no threads about our conference opponents. Have things changed or is there something going on that some of us don't know about?

We are UConn dammit!

our opponents are (unspeakable word). i never want to talk about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member