Cooley and Webber | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cooley and Webber

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
we need to give up on these guys. it seems like they've been on pc campus every day now. him and his close friend are having a press conference to announce where they are both going to school, why wouldn't they do that if they both were going to pc?

You really have to stop. Your turning into another freescooter and your negativity is really bothersome

Reaction Score
Not sure what the big deal is. Cooley is just going all out with any means necessary (hopefully non-violation). He's desperate and is not backing down. How can one not respect that?

peecee threads are contaminating this board, there have been no threads about our conference opponents. Have things changed or is there something going on that some of us don't know about?

We are UConn dammit!

Who is in our conference again? I ask, because I honestly have no clue

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You really have to stop. Your turning into another freescooter and your negativity is really bothersome

sorry, i don't want to seem negative. i just don't feel good about either of these guys. i'll try not to comment in threads about AMA or JT unless i have real info to give

Reaction Score
Who is in our conference again? I ask, because I honestly have no clue

I honestly don't know (i.e. all the teams), but I try and rely on the Yard to fill me in. However unfortunately and meaninglessly, I'm learning a lot about peecee here lately though.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
freescooter's negativity is intended to put down the program. @ Huskyforlife is an avid fan of the program who is slightly insecure and tempers expectations so as to not be greatly disappointed. No one who actively supports men's bb should be compared to freescooter.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
sorry, i don't want to seem negative. i just don't feel good about either of these guys. i'll try not to comment in threads about AMA or JT unless i have real info to give
I love your postscript.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
freescooter's negativity is intended to put down the program. @ Huskyforlife is an avid fan of the program who is slightly insecure and tempers expectations so as to not be greatly disappointed. No one who actively supports men's bb should be compared to freescooter.

true, but why am i "insecure?"

ctchamps

Reaction Score
true, but why am i "insecure?"
You're not alone. Many of us are insecure with some facet(s) of life. It's a rare individual who is comfortable about everything including who he(she) is. It's a rare individual who is unaffected by external events. Only ascended individuals can claim to do both. And very few of those individuals are able to do both and maintain humility.

Fearing the worse case scenario about recruits allows you to not be disappointed should the worse case happen. It's a defense mechanism. Usually we employ this mechanism when we have put our hopes up in the past and had them severely disappointed. It could be a one time event, severe or not severe, or it could have been multiple events, severe or not severe. The development of a defense mechanism is individualized but in every case there was a threshold of pain that took place that the brain determined should not be allowed to happen again.

Often these defense mechanisms take place in the neural networks within our brain that we categorize as the subconscious. A good part of that activity has now been shown by MRI's to be active in the Amygdala part of the brain. This part of the brain has a strong influence on behavior, much stronger than the conscious or cortical parts of our brain. This is why it is difficult to overcome our fears.

If you want some more ideas on how to deal with this let me know.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You're not alone. Many of us are insecure with some facet(s) of life. It's a rare individual who is comfortable about everything including who he(she) is. It's a rare individual who is unaffected by external events. Only ascended individuals can claim to do both. And very few of those individuals are able to do both and maintain humility.

Fearing the worse case scenario about recruits allows you to not be disappointed should the worse case happen. It's a defense mechanism. Usually we employ this mechanism when we have put our hopes up in the past and had them severely disappointed. It could be a one time event, severe or not severe, or it could have been multiple events, severe or not severe. The development of a defense mechanism is individualized but in every case there was a threshold of pain that took place that the brain determined should not be allowed to happen again.

Often these defense mechanisms take place in the neural networks within our brain that we categorize as the subconscious. A good part of that activity has now been shown by MRI's to be active in the Amygdala part of the brain. This part of the brain has a strong influence on behavior, much stronger than the conscious or cortical parts of our brain. This is why it is difficult to overcome our fears.

If you want some more ideas on how to deal with this let me know.

so i'm insecure because i don't think we will land a recruit? because i don't really care if we land him. i find him to be overrated by people at least on this board.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
so i'm insecure because i don't think we will land a recruit? because i don't really care if we land him. i find him to be overrated by people at least on this board.
Gotcha! Hard to get everything from words. When you made the statement Why am I so "insecure" I totally missed the emphasis of the statement. Easy to do without hearing inflections and seeing body language. I can delete my post of advice if you'd like or leave it there for a generic understanding of how we think and react.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Gotcha! Hard to get everything from words. When you made the statement Why am I so "insecure" I totally missed the emphasis of the statement. Easy to do without hearing inflections and seeing body language. I can delete my post of advice if you'd like or leave it there for a generic understanding of how we think and react.

i don't care what you do with your post. you are somehow really gnikcvf with my head. what emphasis did i put on my statement?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
i don't care what you do with your post. you are somehow really with my head. what emphasis did i put on my statement?
Now I'm confused. Did you want an answer as to why you might be insecure or were you clarifying to me that you are not insecure about the recruiting process?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Now I'm confused. Did you want an answer as to why you might be insecure or were you clarifying to me that you are not insecure about the recruiting process?

both kinda, i thought i was insecure because of the recruiting process?

Reaction Score
Aren't there other issues out there to use your brain power on?

images

ctchamps

Reaction Score
both kinda, i thought i was insecure because of the recruiting process?

If I understand you, the recruiting process makes you feel insecure but not the specific recruitment of Terrell and Abu. Is this correct?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If I understand you, the recruiting process makes you feel insecure but not the specific recruitment of Terrell and Abu. Is this correct?

i guess my real question would be why do you think the recruitment process makes me insecure?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
i guess my real question would be why do you think the recruitment process makes me insecure?
Language is a beautiful thing but it is easy to misinterpret. When you say "makes me insecure" I probably would correct you and say "makes me feel insecure". Otherwise I would interpret your statement as meaning the recruiting process contributes to your being an insecure person. My impression is that you are not an insecure person by any stretch of the imagination based on what you post and how you respond to people. Am I correct about this?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Now I know what Huskyforlife is going through. Sorry, should have been more clearer.

images
You may be more clear to you, but I'm still foggy!:) Edit: unless you are guiding me to other more pleasurable ways to contemplate the world. That is one of the few areas I can multitask!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Language is a beautiful thing but it is easy to misinterpret. When you say "makes me insecure" I probably would correct you and say "makes me feel insecure". Otherwise I would interpret your statement as meaning the recruiting process contributes to your being an insecure person. My impression is that you are not an insecure person by any stretch of the imagination based on what you post and how you respond to people. Am I correct about this?

so i'm not insecure. but you think based on what i post i am?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
so i'm not insecure. but you think based on what i post i am?
This one: "we need to give up on these guys. it seems like they've been on pc campus every day now. him and his close friend are having a press conference to announce where they are both going to school, why wouldn't they do that if they both were going to pc?"

Why give up before any announcement?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This one: "we need to give up on these guys. it seems like they've been on pc campus every day now. him and his close friend are having a press conference to announce where they are both going to school, why wouldn't they do that if they both were going to pc?"

Why give up before any announcement?

stating the obvious, the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member