Cooley and Webber | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Cooley and Webber

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
stating the obvious, the facts.
No such thing as a fact! Not in physics, chemistry or biology. And certainly not when it comes to human behavior. Your opinion is just that. Certainly it can be founded in sound reasoning. But future events aren't etched in stone.

If you are stating you are predicting the outcome based on the evidence that you have put into your computer, that is one thing. But probability is different than certainty. If you are asking me whether I see the rationale of your conclusion I would answer yes. But as to it being a certainty or a fact I would say no.

Crazier things have happened which reasoning would not have predicted such as UConn winning 12 postseason games in a row or Bucknell beating Kansas in the NCAA's.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
This thread is getting way too Dr Phil for me...
Should we go pc on you instead? Sorry for the tangent but huskyforlife has some good questions which anybody can just ignore. This won't be the first thread that has a double reason for any of us to want to ignore.:)

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
No such thing as a fact! Not in physics, chemistry or biology. And certainly not when it comes to human behavior. Your opinion is just that. Certainly it can be founded in sound reasoning. But future events aren't etched in stone.

If you are stating you are predicting the outcome based on the evidence that you have put into your computer, that is one thing. But probability is different than certainty. If you are asking me whether I see the rationale of your conclusion I would answer yes. But as to it being a certainty or a fact I would say no.

Crazier things have happened which reasoning would not have predicted such as UConn winning 12 postseason games in a row or Bucknell beating Kansas in the NCAA's.
my post was a opinion, the details were facts

ctchamps

Reaction Score
my post was a opinion, the details were facts
Correct. It was the conclusion (opinion) that was being discussed. You are one bright dude and this is almost as much fun as me playing chase with my wife's kitten. The little sucker has figured out how to actually interact in a way that I thought was more in the nature of dogs.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Correct. It was the conclusion (opinion) that was being discussed. You are one bright dude and this is almost as much fun as me playing chase with my wife's kitten. The little sucker has figured out how to actually interact in a way that I thought was more in the nature of dogs.

somehow i think you called me stupid somewhere in that post. this random confrontation has made me so confused. so i'm insecure because i think abu is not going to uconn? cause now it seems we've thrown the "insecure" thing out the window.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
somehow i think you called me stupid somewhere in that post. this random confrontation has made me so confused. so i'm insecure because i think abu is not going to uconn? cause now it seems we've thrown the "insecure" thing out the window.
LOL!
Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty, Little Ball of Fur. Sleepy Kitty, Happy Kitty, Purr, Purr, Purr.

You sly fox. This should serve you better but I know it won't. Figured out where you were going with the first engagement in this thread. :) "Insecure"!!!! Can't believe I wrote that!!! Nothing like a good lunch to sharpen my mental acuity.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
LOL!
Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty, Little Ball of Fur. Sleepy Kitty, Happy Kitty, Purr, Purr, Purr.

You sly fox. This should serve you better but I know it won't. Figured out where you were going with the first engagement in this thread. :) "Insecure"!!!! Can't believe I wrote that!!! Nothing like a good lunch to sharpen my mental acuity.

what?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
what?
Sheldon on Big Bang Theory loves that song!
No dig on you with my reference to my wife's kitten.
And I corrected myself about stating you were insecure. Totally wrong. You were just pessimistic about these two recruits and expressed it. Nothing more, nothing less. I read too much into it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Sheldon on Big Bang Theory loves that song!
No dig on you with my reference to my wife's kitten.
And I corrected myself about stating you were insecure. Totally wrong. You were just pessimistic about these two recruits and expressed it. Nothing more, nothing less. I read too much into it.

funny thing is i knew the reference. ok now i get it

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Love that show! Very few episodes I feel are just meh.

i like it to. ok now everybody brace yourself for a very long deep talk between me and fleud about the big bang theory. :)

ctchamps

Reaction Score
i like it to. ok now everybody brace yourself for a very long deep talk between me and fleud about the big bang theory. :)
We'll save it for another PC thread. Bazzinga! Misspelling deliberate!

Reaction Score
show jumped the shark for me when Penny started dating the nerd across the hall. No way a chick that hot falls for that dork...

Reaction Score
seanmc94 said:
show jumped the shark for me when Penny started dating the nerd across the hall. No way a chick that hot falls for that dork...

As if anyone here cares what you think...

Reaction Score
LOL!

Bazinga!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Bazinga!
Have you ever found yourself somewhere, and looking around, you begin to wonder if the world is working more strangely than normal. Well I'm in one of those moments.

This thread is one of many regarding PC. A lot of people are upset about so much stuff ending up being a UConn - PC hijack. During this thread @HuskyforLife said something and one of the posters, uconnbill, compared him to freescooter. It was totally inaccurate so I posted my opinion, but in doing so said something of my own that was inaccurate about HuskyforLife.

So he and I ended up making commentary back and forth which essentially hijacked the thread away from PC and about human behavior and language misunderstanding. Anyways I finally recognized my error, corrected it and did the refrain from soft kitty because just prior to that block being lifted from my blockhead I made a cat reference. Anyone who enjoys Big Bang Theory would recognize it which of course you did.

The strange part in all this is two other people responded to the Bing Bang Theory reference, you and seanmc94. Now sean's response was negative to the show and I'm left with the dilemma of wanting to satisfy my curiosity about the remark but decided to ignore him. You see he could indeed dislike the show and that has zero value as far as I'm concerned. He's entitled to his opinion. The curiosity is primarily whether he really dislikes the show or whether this is his attempt to hijack the hijacked hijacking. Yes the third hijack. He does love to seek attention and often does so passive aggressively so it is my feeling that he doesn't like the show and he wants to start some sort of engagement with those who do. I wouldn't get any straight answer from him so I won't spend time debating him.

The real strange thing for me is that you came into all this and I recall reading in one of the CR threads yesterday you being upset because of a card fan flaming out and disrupting a pretty interesting thread. I wanted to respond to you but got busy. And here you are writing Bazinga! I just love the circles of life even when they are weird.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Have you ever found yourself somewhere, and looking around, you begin to wonder if the world is working more strangely than normal. Well I'm in one of those moments.

This thread is one of many regarding PC. A lot of people are upset about so much stuff ending up being a UConn - PC hijack. During this thread @HuskyforLife said something and one of the posters, uconnbill, compared him to freescooter. It was totally inaccurate so I posted my opinion, but in doing so said something of my own that was inaccurate about HuskyforLife.

So he and I ended up making commentary back and forth which essentially hijacked the thread away from PC and about human behavior and language misunderstanding. Anyways I finally recognized my error, corrected it and did the refrain from soft kitty because just prior to that block being lifted from my blockhead I made a cat reference. Anyone who enjoys Big Bang Theory would recognize it which of course you did.

The strange part in all this is two other people responded to the Bing Bang Theory reference, you and seanmc94. Now sean's response was negative to the show and I'm left with the dilemma of wanting to satisfy my curiosity about the remark but decided to ignore him. You see he could indeed dislike the show and that has zero value as far as I'm concerned. He's entitled to his opinion. The curiosity is primarily whether he really dislikes the show or whether this is his attempt to hijack the hijacked hijacking. Yes the third hijack. He does love to seek attention and often does so passive aggressively so it is my feeling that he doesn't like the show and he wants to start some sort of engagement with those who do. I wouldn't get any straight answer from him so I won't spend time debating him.

The real strange thing for me is that you came into all this and I recall reading in one of the CR threads yesterday you being upset because of a card fan flaming out and disrupting a pretty interesting thread. I wanted to respond to you but got busy. And here you are writing Bazinga! I just love the circles of life even when they are weird.

today was an interesting day to say the least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds