Congratulations to Notre Dame... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Congratulations to Notre Dame...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I agree. As horribly as UConn performed, something that it could not do against a terrific team like ND, it was still in the game with about 5 minutes left. There were bits and pieces of good things happening for the Huskies last night; when the team is mature enough to put it all together theHuskies will be a great squad.

Congrats to ND; the Irish played hard and smart last night and deserved the win.

Key stats from the official boxscore which both Geno and CD talked about last night:

POINTS OFF TURNOVERS 1 2 - Tot
Notre Dame.............. 12 11 - 23
Connecticut............. 10 2 - 12

2ND CHANCE POINTS 1 2 - Tot
Notre Dame.............. 15 10 - 25
Connecticut............. 6 2 - 8

These are stats that drive coaches (and fans) crazy.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Key stats from the official boxscore which both Geno and CD talked about last night:

POINTS OFF TURNOVERS 1 2 - Tot
Notre Dame.............. 12 11 - 23
Connecticut............. 10 2 - 12

2ND CHANCE POINTS 1 2 - Tot
Notre Dame.............. 15 10 - 25
Connecticut............. 6 2 - 8

These are stats that drive coaches (and fans) crazy.
Yes, those were the killers. Our TOs continually led to breakaways last night.

Reaction Score
it was a tight, close game all the way till about 7 minutes left when UCONN simply stopped scoring. Great season for the Irish, and as disappointed as I am, i think ND showed they are just slightly better than UCONN this year - at least so far.

I'm not sure that UCONN has answers this year, but they perhaps can take consolation in the fact that last year ND lost 3 times but beat UCONN when it mattered the most...

and by the way, congrats to the great job Kim Barnes-Arico has done at SJU who totally earned the #2 seed in the BET after beating UCONN last week. i'm actually looking forward to a rematch vs. SJU. not so much a rematch with ND...

one last thing i want to add - there were many of us who rolled our eyes at people who predicted a good number of losses this year including the NCAA's. if we fail to win the BET and lose in the NCAA's, that will be 6 losses - quite a bit more than i would have thought.

having said that, take advantage now, the rest of WCBB. cuz next year, we're goin' on a roll!!
They whipped our butts in our own house. Congratulations ND, hope you're nejoying it because it won't happen again for at least the next four seasons.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Eric you are assuming Louisville loses to St. John's again. I think it is fair to say, at least this season, you can not assume and take for granted what teams are capable of.
granted we have had an up and down season, but we are finishing the season strong, piquing at the right time. with the latest defection from our team, our inside game has grown and our rebounding has increased. we played strong drown the stretch, playing both UCONN and ND tough. Getting past our first round (you never know who is going to show up with young teams) it is not a given that your rematch will be with St. John's. We have a real chance of taking that game, provided we get to it.
I am not assuming we win our first round, because it truly is a matter of who shows up for us. But, if we play like we have been playing we will win our first round and compete heavily against St. Johns. I certainly think we can beat them, nothing like a little revenge to fuel the fire.

it was a tight, close game all the way till about 7 minutes left when UCONN simply stopped scoring. Great season for the Irish, and as disappointed as I am, i think ND showed they are just slightly better than UCONN this year - at least so far.

I'm not sure that UCONN has answers this year, but they perhaps can take consolation in the fact that last year ND lost 3 times but beat UCONN when it mattered the most...

and by the way, congrats to the great job Kim Barnes-Arico has done at SJU who totally earned the #2 seed in the BET after beating UCONN last week. i'm actually looking forward to a rematch vs. SJU. not so much a rematch with ND...

one last thing i want to add - there were many of us who rolled our eyes at people who predicted a good number of losses this year including the NCAA's. if we fail to win the BET and lose in the NCAA's, that will be 6 losses - quite a bit more than i would have thought.

having said that, take advantage now, the rest of WCBB. cuz next year, we're goin' on a roll!!

Reaction Score
Congrats to ND, but boy, am I going to enjoy seeing their next loss to whoever. Yes, I am immature, classless and bitter. So sue me. :cool:

I feel the same way, although I never root for ND in any sport!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom