- Aug 26, 2011
- Reaction Score
Congratulations to Notre Dame...I've seen all I need to see
First and foremost kudos and congrats to ND and their fans. The ND guards play some hard nosed basketball and they deserve the success their team is having this year. They are loaded with experience and it makes them very difficult to beat. I also think that McBride is one hard-nosed player and will be great for ND for the rest of her career.
With that being said, I have seen everything I needed to see in this game with regards to UConn and their potential for the rest of the season. Some of what I saw was really good and some was pretty enlightening from the point of view of what UConn needs to work on.
1. KML did not do well under pressure...she is a freshman and she played like a freshman today. However, I am not worried this game will provide the fire she needs to step up her game.
2. Kiah Stokes is an emerging player. I liked what I saw from Kiah today. She will be a factor during UConn's run in the NCAAs. I also like that she will push Dolson to get better or lose minutes to a freshman. A little competition is a good thing.
3. Brianna Banks didn't do anything spectacular but she didn't wilt out there either...but, it is apparent that she isn't ready for the big stage yet.
4. Bria is a big game player...she has proven it over and over again. Today was her best game of her career in my opinion. I think she is at least a 2nd team All American this year.
5. Tiff cannot be depended on...whatever she gives us we have to take. She does play hard and we can't do without her. When she is hitting and the rest of the team is playing well...we are unbeatable
6. Doty is making progress and I believe she will continue to improve as we get closer to the end of the season...the deep three late in the 2nd half was a thing of beauty.
7. Our youth and inexperience has just about reached the end of our excuse period. It is league play now...from here on out...players have to understand that they are Big East players and they have to embrace their experience and play hard.
8. Heather could have helped and if she continues to progress the way she was before she got hurt...we will have three options for post players.
9. Kelly is a solid player...she can shoot the basketball but she needs to get more shots.
10. In my opinion, I do not think ND will beat us for the rest of the season. We will beat them in Storrs. We will beat them on a neutral court.