Congratulations Aubrey | The Boneyard

Congratulations Aubrey

sun

Reaction Score
It was said that she was going to consult with her family about whether she would return to UConn or not.
I'm not sure when the decision will be made. or if it will be announced.
I hope that her back pain issue gets resolved.
Congrats to the grad!

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
As a graduate transfer she is not held to the May 11th deadline I believe.

Reaction Score
It was said that she was going to consult with her family about whether she would return to UConn or not.
I'm not sure when the decision will be made. or if it will be announced.
I hope that her back pain issue gets resolved.
Congrats to the grad!

I would think if she was transferring it would’ve already been announced and she obviously isn’t going to the WNBA. I’m thinking you will see her in a husky uniform next year

sun

Reaction Score
I would think if she was transferring it would’ve already been announced and she obviously isn’t going to the WNBA. I’m thinking you will see her in a husky uniform next year
I thought that her decision would hinge on whether she should explore overseas opportunities to be better prepared for the upcoming WNBA expansion.
Then she would be able to get paid to develop as a pro player instead of going to grad school.
There may be some advantages to playing overseas instead of staying in the NCAA.
Players only have limited years to earn money as a pro depending on their skills, health & desire.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thought that her decision would hinge on whether she should explore overseas opportunities to be better prepared for the upcoming WNBA expansion.
Then she would be able to get paid to develop as a pro player instead of going to grad school.

Ahhh…. Maybe. I hadn’t heard that. She may but I still think she’s in a husky uniform next season

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
There may be some advantages to playing overseas instead of staying in the NCAA.
Players only have limited years to earn money as a pro depending on their skills, health & desire.
Counterpoint - Aubrey stays at UConn, has full access to coaches, training staff, hones her game in an environment that is well known, competes against high level competition, is on tv and is "accessible" to WNBA scouts more so that if she went overseas. Some have said that the 2024 draft class will be loaded, so IMHO she looks for the situation that will give her as much exposure as possible.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Dad is a PhD and NBA coach, mom has a masters in education . I’m thinking money isn’t a factor

sun

Reaction Score
Dad is a PhD and NBA coach, mom has a masters in education . I’m thinking money isn’t a factor
What do you think that she's consulting with her family about that would impact her decision?
I would guess that it's about decisions that will affect her future career choices & helping her to weigh her options.
Money may be a consideration for Aubrey if she wants to start earning more than whatever NIL she gets, and depending on how much that she wants to go to grad school vs. trying to make it to the WNBA some day vs. playing overseas.
Maybe she wants to earn enough to buy a house or a new BMW (or both) before she turns 25.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What do you think that she's consulting with her family about that would impact her decision?
I would guess that it's about decisions that affect her future career choices & weighing her options.
It could be what you’ve mentioned or things that we might not have considered- the desire (or not) for a non-basketball career, the heath/durability of her back, a personal relationship, family matter, etc. sometimes we basketball fans don’t look beyond the game itself for a player’s motivations.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
I absolutely love this young woman. It's been sheer pleasure to watch her for her career. Even her younger years, she made a difference when she came into the game. It was heart breaking to see her sit out a year. I am confident she will be wearing "our" uniform this coming season and I pray for her good health and just enjoy the year.
She will succeed in whatever endeavor she pursues. Congrats Aubrey!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
It would be great to see her healthy after a summer of work outs and practice. I think we are in for a treat.

Reaction Score
She’s getting about 30k in NIL. So not a fortune but enough to keep her comfortable for a final year. If her back doesn’t become a chronic issue think she’s got a good shot at being drafted next year.

Reaction Score
We have a team that didn't need much of anything and had to sit back and watch other top contenders land great portal transfers, or have a star return for a 5th year. Aubrey is our only bonus addition that could have left after the season, but we expect to return. I certainly would think Aubrey would want her parents by her side for senior night, and I fully expect that to happen NEXT YEAR!

Reaction Score
I read Dr. Dad interviewed for the head coaching job with Detroit a week or so ago. He's not in the final three. He is also in the running for the head job in Toronto.

Reaction Score
I would guess that it's about decisions that will affect her future career choices & helping her to weigh her options.
Money may be a consideration for Aubrey if she wants to start earning more than whatever NIL she gets, and depending on how much that she wants to go to grad school vs. trying to make it to the WNBA some day vs. playing overseas.
Maybe she wants to earn enough to buy a house or a new BMW (or both) before she turns 25.

And "maybe" the sun won't come up tomorrow. :)

I'm confident that playing in the WNBA is pretty high on her list. There is no better place to prepare for that than in Storrs. Coaching, strength & conditioning, top quality team mates.

Reaction Score
She’s getting about 30k in NIL. So not a fortune but enough to keep her comfortable for a final year. If her back doesn’t become a chronic issue think she’s got a good shot at being drafted next year.
I think she will. She has a unique skill set just needs a good practice and development period pre-season. I am very hopeful.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
THAT is exactly the way I was looking at her situation. Her family has been very "well-to-do" all of her life. There's zero pressure on her to provide anything for her family. I was under the impression that she had already made the decision to return next season since she declined to participate in their senior day ceremonies with Dorka and Lou. Did I miss something? :eek:

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom