Congratulations Aubrey | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Congratulations Aubrey

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
And "maybe" the sun won't come up tomorrow. :)

I'm confident that playing in the WNBA is pretty high on her list. There is no better place to prepare for that than in Storrs. Coaching, strength & conditioning, top quality team mates.
The WNBA will still be there next year. Since money appears not to be a concern, she may not feel the need/urgency to leave for the next level at this time. Another year at UConn will not hurt Aubrey in any way, plus she can begin to start working on her master's this summer degree for free. ;)

sun

Reaction Score
THAT is exactly the way I was looking at her situation. Her family has been very "well-to-do" all of her life. There's zero pressure on her to provide anything for her family. I was under the impression that she had already made the decision to return next season since she declined to participate in their senior day ceremonies with Dorka and Lou. Did I miss something? :eek:

Feb 14, 2023

UConn women’s basketball: Aubrey Griffin undecided on future; Caroline Ducharme nearing return

Griffin won’t participate in senior day, but declined to say whether she’ll return to UConn next season.

Carnac

Reaction Score

Feb 14, 2023

UConn women’s basketball: Aubrey Griffin undecided on future; Caroline Ducharme nearing return

Griffin won’t participate in senior day, but declined to say whether she’ll return to UConn next season.

Thanks, I saw this article on Feb 14. Fast forward to May 8, almost 3 months later. I thought I read somewhere here in the yard that she announced that she would return next year. If not, I'm mistaken. So.......has she or hasn't she? :eek:

sun

Reaction Score
Thanks, I saw this article on Feb 14. Fast forward to May 8, almost 3 months later. I thought I read somewhere here in the yard that she announced that she would return next year. If not, I'm mistaken. So.......has she or hasn't she? :eek:
There was another article besides the UConn blog, or maybe it was Geno who said that she was going to consult with her family about her future.
The semester just ended so when was she supposed to consult with them and decide?
All we know is that she didn't enter the draft which doesn't automatically mean that she's coming back.
That's what I had already asked about, if Aubrey would be making an announcement about it or would just keep her decision private until she returns (or not).
It's been an ongoing issue that some fans seem to have forgotten about.
But I've mentioned it several times to make folks aware of it because it seems that most think that her return to UConn is a done deal.
But I haven't heard anything about it and no one has replied to me about her final decision.
Even if money has nothing to do with her decision, she would still need to decide that she wants to go to grad school which is a different commitment from wanting to continue playing college basketball.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There was another article besides the Uconn blog, or maybe it was Geno who said that she was going to consult with her family about her future.
The semester just ended so when was she supposed to consult with them and decide?
All we know is that she didn't enter the draft which doesn't automatically mean that she's coming back.
That's what I had already asked about, if Aubrey would be making an announcement about it or would just keep her decision private until she returns (or not).
It's been an ongoing issue that people seem to want to forget about.
But I've mentioned it several times to make folks aware of it because it seems that most think that her return to UConn is a done deal.
But I haven't heard anything about it and no one has replied to me about her final decision.
Even if money has nothing to do with her decision, she would still need to decide to go to grad school which is a personal decision.

No ones heard anything which is why you haven't gotten an answer. Most are making an assumption since there's been no announcement

Carnac

Reaction Score
Thanks Gee1992 and sun for bringing me up to date. :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member