Congrats to UCONN! Great game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Congrats to UCONN! Great game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Congratulations UConn Huskies!! What a game by Ms. Christyn Williams...28 points. I predicted UConn would win, and become #1 Monday. I predicted a win by 10 or 11 points, but I love how much UConn won by even more. Napheesa had another double-double. Six players played for UConn, and all six players scored. Five players scored in double figures.

Arike need to be sat down a game or two. She was very disrespectful to Coach Geno Auriemma. Arike should have been hit with 2 technicals and the unsportsmanlike foul.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Anyone get more background on the T that Arike got (I think?) when she was out on the floor over by Geno and the ref? I was totally perplexed as to what happened. Lobo said the ref must not have liked something taht she said, and she was right on top of it ... any more info ?

Reaction Score
What a great feeling! When Geno spoke pre-game, he talked about COMPETING, they punch, we punch back: a perfect description of this game. It was unimaginable that ND wasn't going to score, but we had to match them, have them miss a few, and take advantage. Re-watching this epic will be as great as most pleasures (at my age). I spoke in a post about Christyn's "magic hands," and we saw them at work today. Is she not the most secure freshman we've seen at UConn? Just do it, baby.
Now: move St. John's up to #2 . . . What a joy.
There may have been more but to me Geno had 2 others (at this stage of their career) that had this confidence 000ps, 3. Sveta, DT, Maya (not in that order) So CW is in stratosphere company, Ono and Walker aren't far behind.

Reaction Score
Williams is exactly as good as I feared. And ONO will be a monster. That block on Mabrey was just filthy.

That was my fear about this game. Williams and Nurse are gone - but what if Williams and Walker are just as good or better? Walker was solid. Williams was spectacular. And then ONO was very good off the bench.

The block on Mabrey was the highlight of the game for me.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The block on Mabrey was the highlight of the game for me.
There were so many great plays by everyone single Husky, but I agree with you that was the "Play of the Game" for UConn. I came out of my seat on the couch and did my best vertical...3 maybe 4 inches or so......

Reaction Score
I've said this before we played this game, you beat ND by taking their heart in the 3rd qtr! They are a second half team and EVERY big game they have won they have owned the 3rd qtr. Again, the blueprint has been laid out! Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Really? I didn't see that and I watched the game. Are you talking about Katie Lou and Young? Both those situations were fouls on her. As for the Ogunbowale foul on Dangerfield, I didn't see that as a tech. How often do they call that? I really wished the announcers had continued to call the game. Perhaps it was my green glasses, but I didn't "lots of cheap shots".
The tech was not for the Dangerfield foul. She got that for her jawing with Geno. The foul just after on Dangerfield looked pretty dirty in replay. Came from behind and jerked Crystal’s head back.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There were so many great plays by everyone single Husky, but I agree with you that was the "Play of the Game" for UConn. I came out of my seat on the couch and did my best vertical...3 maybe 4 inches or so.
Yes

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
Guess you over estimated her abilities. I running over to McGraw's Bench right now.

I was just there. Pretty sober appraisals of their team's effort, but fans seem pretty sour about the loss, as you'd expect. I wish ND WBB would scrap the 3rd world user experience of McGraw's Bench. It turns every discussion into a tweet. Can't stand it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Why did Ogunbowale not get tossed?
Neither a technical nor a flagrant 1 gets a player tossed. But after the flagrant foul, MM took her out of the game, probably to protect her from doing something that would get her suspended as she clearly lost her cool.

Reaction Score
Really? I didn't see that and I watched the game. Are you talking about Katie Lou and Young? Both those situations were fouls on her. As for the Ogunbowale foul on Dangerfield, I didn't see that as a tech. How often do they call that? I really wished the announcers had continued to call the game. Perhaps it was my green glasses, but I didn't "lots of cheap shots".

You see GREEN, I see BLUE and White. Fans see what they are conditioned to see or want to see. The REFS are supposed to actually see the the GAME. There are arguments on both sides of the calls. Actually I thought a call or so on ND were far from perfect--and frankly, I loved it. Sorry..

Reaction Score
Neither a technical nor a flagrant 1 gets a player tossed. But after the flagrant foul, MM took her out of the game, probably to protect her from doing something that would get her suspended as she clearly lost her cool.
And the Begining of the END was ending so why keep her in, Muffet's no dope.

Reaction Score
I understand Paige Bueckers was at the game. I'm good with that....
Did anyone see her there? It was quite the display of freshmen on our side as well as some unhinging and classless behavior on their side.... Maybe freshmen at UConn can get playing time after all if they're ready and willing to put in the work. It seems like a game I'd want any recruit for UConn at.....

Reaction Score
Why did Ogunbowale not get tossed?
I asked this in the chat room. Does unsportsmanlike count differently than a technical? both seem to warrant 2 shots and the ball back? I thought with 2 T's you get ejected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom