Congrats to UCONN! Great game | The Boneyard

Congrats to UCONN! Great game

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I could not have predicted that. I'd have to go back and look thru the prediction thread, but who had THAT score? A few quick thoughts...

CWill has thrown down the gauntlet. Will she be legendary when all is said and done? Well, check off the first box - have the game of your life against the (former) #1 team in the nation! 28 points on 11-16 shooting? Holy beat-down batman!!

When Lou's shot was off, she found other ways to contribute as would be expected from our AA. 15 points on 5-16 shooting, but 6 boards and 6 assists.

Pheesa with a double double? 16 and 14? WOW. How clutch was she defending the post?

Danger. Just love her. Daggers! And Walker - she really has come into her own.

BTW ND... Our bench is better than your bench LOL. Both teams really only went 6 deep but LOVE that ONO got in there and contributed. One other thing that stood out - only 16 assists on 34 made baskets, but we out-rebounded them 46-41 with 13 O-boards...

Just a tremendous effort all the way around. The players should be very proud and should let this soak in and enjoy it. Also use it to get better for the most important time of the season - the NC run in early April. So proud of them!!!

Last edited:

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Yes, congrats Huskies fans! Nothing better than seeing Notre Lame go down - and seeing the refs properly call Ogunbowale on her junk ball. Didn't catch the whole game, but in the parts I did see, the Domers seemed awfully dirty, with lots of cheap shots...

...and I think y'all can relax now about losing Jones - Williams is going to be huge for you guys. She was outstanding. Been a long time since I can remember a frosh step up like that in such a big game.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I could not have predicted that. I'd have to go back and look thru the prediction thread, but who had THAT score? A few quick thoughts...

CWill has thrown down the gauntlet. Will she be legendary when all is said and done? Well check off the first box - have the game of your live against the (former) #1 team in the nation! 28 points on 11-16 shooting? Holy beatdown!

When Lou's shot was off, she found other ways to contribute as would be expected from our AA. 15 points but 6 boards and 6 assists.

Pheesa with a double double? 16 and 14? WOW. How clutch was she defending the post?

Danger. Just love her. Daggers! And Walker - she really has come into her own.

BTW ND... Our bench is better than your bench LOL. Both teams really only went 6 deep but LOVE that ONO got in there and contributed.

Just a tremendous effort all the way around. The players should be very proud and should let this soak in and use it to get better for the most important time of the season - the NC run in early April. So proud of them!!!
ONO played very well. But ND's top 2 freshmen (both guards) were injured and didn't play. I don't think it would have mattered today. The only significant bench contribution the Irish got was from Patterson. She played well, but did play have enough enough minutes to show her stuff. ONO had the opportunity and certainly took advantage of it with some nice rebounds, a couple timely baskets, and a block. Congrats on a great win.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
ONO played very well. But ND's top 2 freshmen (both guards) were injured and didn't play. I don't think it would have mattered today. The only significant bench contribution the Irish got was from Patterson. She played well, but did play have enough enough minutes to show her stuff. ONO had the opportunity and certainly took advantage of it with some nice rebounds, a couple timely baskets, and a block. Congrats on a great win.
Something tells me these two teams will meet again. But for now, I'm really going to enjoy this one for awhile.

Reaction Score
I didn't have UConn winning by this much, but I had Chrstyn going off for 35. She came up short with only 28. :)

Holy Smoley, Okey Dokie 28 points --when you come from the land of opportunity (Arkansas) You take advantage of EVERY OPPORTUNITY.
Kudos to ONO, great game, super great. Made mistakes but she didn't screw up on the floor. I'm thrilled with both.
Great game by Walker, Collier, KLS, Danger, C.Williams, ONO!!! I never expected this--hoped for a 2 point W but not this.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Yes, congrats Huskies fans! Nothing better than seeing Notre Lame go down - and seeing the refs properly call Ogunbowale on her junk ball. Didn't catch the whole game, but in the parts I did see, the Domers seemed awfully dirty, with lots of cheap shots...

...and I think y'all can relax now about losing Jones - Williams is going to be huge for you guys. She was outstanding. Been a long time since I can remember a frosh step up like that in such a big game.

Really? I didn't see that and I watched the game. Are you talking about Katie Lou and Young? Both those situations were fouls on her. As for the Ogunbowale foul on Dangerfield, I didn't see that as a tech. How often do they call that? I really wished the announcers had continued to call the game. Perhaps it was my green glasses, but I didn't "lots of cheap shots".

Reaction Score
What a great feeling! When Geno spoke pre-game, he talked about COMPETING, they punch, we punch back: a perfect description of this game. It was unimaginable that ND wasn't going to score, but we had to match them, have them miss a few, and take advantage. Re-watching this epic will be as great as most pleasures (at my age). I spoke in a post about Christyn's "magic hands," and we saw them at work today. Is she not the most secure freshman we've seen at UConn? Just do it, baby.
Now: move St. John's up to #2 . . . What a joy.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Holy Smoley, Okey Dokie 28 points --when you come from the land of opportunity (Arkansas) You take advantage of EVERY OPPORTUNITY.
Kudos to ONO, great game, super great. Made mistakes but she didn't screw up on the floor. I'm thrilled with both.
Great game by Walker, Collier, KLS, Danger, C.Williams, ONO!!! I never expected this--hoped for a 2 point W but not this.
UConn only played 6, but every one of them came up big on multiple occasions to keep UConn in front.

Man I love our freshmen!!!

Reaction Score
Guess you over estimated her abilities. I running over to McGraw's Bench right now.
I've been bragging on this kid for a month---confidence I said, she has it by the barrels full. ONO showed confidence and abilities I didn't see before. Give me 2 more games like this (out side of the AAC) and I'll gloat all the way to the NC game. Uconn may lose a game or 3 but this season just got very bright.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
UConn only played 6, but every one of them came up big on multiple occasions to keep UConn in front.

Man I love our freshmen!!!

Williams is exactly as good as I feared. And ONO will be a monster. That block on Mabrey was just filthy.

That was my fear about this game. Williams and Nurse are gone - but what if Williams and Walker are just as good or better? Walker was solid. Williams was spectacular. And then ONO was very good off the bench.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Wow that was fun. Y'all just told the league y'all have a strong 5 and a freshie sub. Don't think any teams can monkey with their defenses from now on as they are going to have to guard everyone on your team. BTW you made your best plays with Collier on the bench, having ONO high gave your other players who can all attack much more room to operate and make more thing happen.

ND showed their true whining colors LOL but what will their whining be based on this year.

Reaction Score

My cheering Uconn is not about taking anything (except the score ) away from ND. If I were to say ND is a terrible team that would say Uconn didn't beat the best and that's what happened. 2 of the best teams in WCBB played and Uconn won. Number 1 is only a number and change sometimes during the season.
I'm so proud of these Uconn kids going into the Cave of ND and winning a victory only a very select few thought possible. ND--great game, hard played thank you..

Reaction Score

Is it me? Or does it seem that ND suffers more than its share of injuries? Something about the way they train, perhaps?

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Really? I didn't see that and I watched the game. Are you talking about Katie Lou and Young? Both those situations were fouls on her. As for the Ogunbowale foul on Dangerfield, I didn't see that as a tech. How often do they call that? I really wished the announcers had continued to call the game. Perhaps it was my green glasses, but I didn't "lots of cheap shots".

Her bad attitude assisted her T, and that was a charge on Young cannot lower your shoulder like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom