Congrats to the Women | The Boneyard

Congrats to the Women

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've watched every game they have played against Notre Dame this year and always felt that UConn was the superior team they just had no clue on how to close out a game, well tonight they figured it out. Stewart was by far the best player on the floor and better composure from everyone, Geno had them much better prepared. Well done, now let's win it all on Tuesday.

Reaction Score
Yeah, a blowout negates Diggins ability to steal it. I too have watched the ND and Baylor games. These girls were due.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They definitely found a way to avoid the late game collapse - put a boot on Notre Dame's throat and keep it there until a horn blows.

Oh, and having Breanna Stewart turn into Kevin Durant in a pigtail helped.

She's going to be here for three more years? Egads.

Reaction Score
Yes nice win.......missed Mad Men and Vikings but enjoyed watching Diggins and her mom suffer this setback........Stewart was as good as Dolson was atrocious!!

Reaction Score
Yes nice win.......missed Mad Men and Vikings but enjoyed watching Diggins and her mom suffer this setback........Stewart was as good as Dolson was atrocious!!

C'mon... Dolson's playing on peg legs @ this point in tourney. You or I wouldn't be able to basket hang w/ what she's playing through. :)

Reaction Score
Hard to collapse up 17 with 3 to go. This team can win 4 titles in a row. With 3 being likely IMO. I know how hard it is to just repeat but KML, Stewart, Tuck.

Reaction Score
C'mon... Dolson's playing on peg legs @ this point in tourney. You or I wouldn't be able to basket hang w/ what she's playing through. :)

Does that excuse for throwing awful passes while standing still? If she can go out there she should play better that was horrid..................still a nice win and she's played good all year!

Reaction Score
Does that excuse for throwing awful passes while standing still? If she can go out there she should play better that was horrid..................still a nice win and she's played good all year!

Hard to focus at 100% when you are in pain.

Reaction Score

She's a good passer.

She's thinks she's a fantastic passer.

Sometimes it really works out because we have a really really good passer at the Center position. Sometimes it leads to a lot of turnovers.

Reaction Score
Hard to focus at 100% when you are in pain.

My suggestion then is stay on the bench........she looked fine running up and down the court........listen not fair to hammer on her except she was utterly awful tonight, which is unusual!!

Reaction Score
She's a good passer.

She's thinks she's a fantastic passer.

Sometimes it really works out because we have a really really good passer at the Center position. Sometimes it leads to a lot of turnovers.

You lost me?:confused:

Reaction Score

ND does a better job than anyone else at taking her out of her game. They put an athletic forward right on her to harass the ball and take away her passing angles. She's usually pretty good at running a Princeton-style offense out of the high post, but even if we run a good cut, they pressure the pass really well and make it less successful.

Her ability in the high post is why I gave us a fighting chance against Baylor - we could draw Griner away and maybe get players moving to the hoop.

Reaction Score
They're going to get us in the B1G if they win the final! :p

In all seriousness, they certainly can use us for men's and women's basketball.

Reaction Score
My suggestion then is stay on the bench........she looked fine running up and down the court........listen not fair to hammer on her except she was utterly awful tonight, which is unusual!!

There's often going to be someone who doesn't play well on any given night, even the superstars. Khalid gave us an 0-12 against Gonzaga and dribbled off his own leg out of bounds with 2 minutes left and nobody anywhere near him. Diana was 1-15 in a Final Four game, and Kemba had a donut against Michigan State (albeit both were freshmen). Those are probably the 3 top names people would come up with when they talked about the greatest winners we've had.

Reaction Score
Its what Maya Moore and EDD could have been. Its like having the female version of Melo and Durant.

Maya almost did it without her. Won 90 straight - all by double digits. But Maya did lose two as a senior after Charles graduated, including ND in the semis - perhaps she would have had 115 in a row.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Dolson turned the ball over like she was mad at it during the three overtime loss to Notre Dame, but she really had a monster game in the Big East final.

Unique player.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hard to collapse up 17 with 3 to go. This team can win 4 titles in a row. With 3 being likely IMO. I know how hard it is to just repeat but KML, Stewart, Tuck.
Good eye including Tuck. She's going to be huge for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom