Congrats to Baylor | The Boneyard

Congrats to Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
agreed. great game all the way around. to lose by only 5 at Baylor - great job by our kids. not so great giving up a big lead but credit baylor for hanging tough, fighting back, and then stopping UCONN down the stretch. some of the mistakes came back to haunt us...

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Great game by both teams. Lived up to the Hype. Sims and Griner can create their own shots and draw fouls. As many times as UConn drove to the basket, they had limited success and were not able to draw fouls. Stats showed Baylor only having 9 offensive rebounds, but sure seemed like they had more. Lack of size really hurt.

Shame this is probably the last regular season game.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Great Game. We showed alot of poise and great execution. We will be a much better team come March. We needed one player to step up and score. How bout Heather. I am so happy to see her play at this level.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Super effort from all involved.

Great display of two diff kinds of game:KY v. ND and UConn v. Baylor.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
A lot of positives to take from this game. The effort was tremendous, Heather's defense, Bria, KML, Kelly, Tiff all played hard and made some big plays. But I don't recall UConn getting any easy points in the 2nd half other than Kelly's FTs. UConn scored some easy points in the 1st half off of a couple of steals, a couple of transition baskets. But none in the 2nd half. That will need to change if these teams meet again.

UConn took it to the basket and tried to draw some fouls but Griner is so good at blocking and not fouling. UConn had some success in the 1st half getting Griner involved in ball screens which is something Griner struggles with. It's only effective with Dolson and they got away from it in the 2nd half. I would expect more of that if there is a next game.

Also, the travel by Kelly on the pass from Dolson was huge. I think that would've tied the game. It was probably the Griner effect even though she was out of the play.

Reaction Score
Great Game. We showed alot of poise and great execution. We will be a much better team come March. We needed one player to step up and score. How bout Heather. I am so happy to see her play at this level.
Right. But Baylor should be better by March too.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
It was a great game. I like Baylor, I think that they are terrific. UConn worked hard, and I believe found that they have some things to think about before the next meeting. We are still a great team, but Baylor was better today. Will they take the day should we meet again? :)

Perhaps not. But will be fun to watch. Congratulations to both teams.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Hat tip to the Lady Bears and the Waco fans. Extremely classy move on their part with the standing ovation for Geno.

I thought the Bears looked gassed at the end of the 1st half, but they dug down, came out and went the full 40 with us. Something we rarely, if ever see from another team. I'm betting Mulkey had the paint peeling in the Baylor locker room at halftime.

It was an exciting and enjoyable game to watch and one I fully expect to see a rematch of in April.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Hat tip to the Lady Bears and the Waco fans. Extremely classy move on their part with the standing ovation for Geno.

Exactly.

Congrats to the Lady Bears on an exciting game. Looking forward to a rematch.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Good game, fun to watch. Refs didn't interject themselves to much (not enough to make any difference), both teams made clutch shots, both teams had their runs. We got some good looks late in the game, but couldn't make 'em (pretty much the difference right there).

Basically came down to they have Griner and we don't.

Reaction Score
A lot of positives to take from this game. The effort was tremendous, Heather's defense, Bria, KML, Kelly, Tiff all played hard and made some big plays. But I don't recall UConn getting any easy points in the 2nd half other than Kelly's FTs. UConn scored some easy points in the 1st half off of a couple of steals, a couple of transition baskets. But none in the 2nd half. That will need to change if these teams meet again.

UConn took it to the basket and tried to draw some fouls but Griner is so good at blocking and not fouling. UConn had some success in the 1st half getting Griner involved in ball screens which is something Griner struggles with. It's only effective with Dolson and they got away from it in the 2nd half. I would expect more of that if there is a next game.

Also, the travel by Kelly on the pass from Dolson was huge. I think that would've tied the game. It was probably the Griner effect even though she was out of the play.[/quote]

The Griner effect? Definite possibility. My feeling is that they probably run that play quite often in practice and every time it is a mere layup. This time, Ms Faris got the ball a little farther out than expected. It is also possible that she caught the ball on her wrong foot and had to adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom