Confessions of a REAL Lady Vol Fan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Confessions of a REAL Lady Vol Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomFan85

A Rogue LV Fan
Reaction Score
This is great. Two LV fans duking it out on the Boneyard. :rolleyes:
That was never the object of the post, though I should have known thats what it would come to. The object was to start a discussion and share thoughts from a LV fan that I thought UCONN folks would find interesting. I certainly was not about to pay $10 a month to get bashed by Summitteers who have little touch with reality. Dtbtbtbt would have been the only member over there not calling for my head...

Reaction Score
... I certainly was not about to pay $10 a month to get bashed by Summitteers who have little touch with reality. Dtbtbtbt would have been the only member over there not calling for my head...

You can confirm this with HuskyNan, but I believe The Boneyard accepts religious conversions, no charge. And we won't put your head on a platter, even if you take the Boneyard handle John the Baptist.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
That was never the object of the post, though I should have known thats what it would come to. The object was to start a discussion and share thoughts from a LV fan that I thought UCONN folks would find interesting. I certainly was not about to pay $10 a month to get bashed by Summitteers who have little touch with reality. Dtbtbtbt would have been the only member over there not calling for my head...
I think Paps didn't mean to imply you were ducking it out. The other LV fan certainly was spoiling for a fight...lol.

We have a great feature here called the ignore button. Some have smartly used it on me.

Stick around.

JS

Reaction Score
again, anyone who believes RandomFan is actually a LV fan is a victim of wishful thinking. :rolleyes:
So you think Random is what? An imposter who's actually a fan of some other team?

If so, a pretty skilled impersonation, including a claim to be a Tennessee resident (which claim, FYI, is true).

It'd be more interesting if you answer the substance of Random's posts instead of just repeatedly questioning his or her bona fides as a true-orange, card-carrying LV fan.

Specifically, Random has made two main points:

1. TN should have gone outside for a replacement for Pat Summitt, brought in a fresh approach, rather than promote someone schooled in the Summitt focus on defense and rebounding, to the detriment, arguably, of a sophisticated offense.

2. TN is suffering currently from poor guard play that, in Random's reluctant opinion, may not improve.

One might conclude, based on the evidence to date, that both propositions are correct. And one might further conclude that 2. is a result of 1.

It's perfectly acceptable to rebut these propositions.

Less admirable to indulge in empty accusations of heresy.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Sure - that's why Maria has already started a search of recent non-renewers of The Summitt, and been rummaging through her pocketbook for the local phone number of the FBI.
Actually, they post a warning on their board that anyone found taking premium information to other boards will be hearing from the lawyers. I kid you not.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I think Paps didn't mean to imply you were ducking it out. The other LV fan certainly was spoiling for a fight...lol.

True that. I have no problems whatsoever with Random's posts. I just found it amusing that a Tin Foil Hat wearer would pursue him/her onto the Boneyard.

I suspect the NSA already has been called in to shed some light on Mr/Ms Random. (Don't be surprised when the SWAT team knocks on your door!)

Reaction Score
Funny but probably correct

Reaction Score
we have a great team. there's still a lot of work to do, but the last few years have been hard after losing pat and dealing with a transition. we had 10,000 fans at an exhibition game and will continue to keep fans in the seats. we love our players and are very excited for the season. regardless of what you think about holly or our players, no one can deny the fan support in lady vol nation.

most importantly, no real lady vol fan would ever create a thread like randomfan. i am shocked you all bit on that. ha.

good luck with the season.
Fandom comes in all kind of shapes and forms..the re are those that will blindly claim that their team is great and others who will be more realistic...
Me for one hope more than anything else to have UConn against TN in the finale battling for number 9. At this point it does seem that it will harder for TN to achieve. As TN is trying to incorporate some big pieces of the puzzle (M Russell, A Carter, etc) it will probably will take some time to achieve but clearly if TN will not find the way to be more consistent in effort in both half's of a game, it will be tricky for them against the really good teams.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
again, anyone who believes RandomFan is actually a LV fan is a victim of wishful thinking. :rolleyes:
I can see what location people are posting from. I believe RandomFan is an LV fan.

Reaction Score
Can't see the problem with Random's posts. He was realistic, he didn't bash his team.

We fight this battle on the RU board all the time. The realists (essentially saying this is a make or break season for Vivian) vs. the total rah-rah's (Viv should be rehired and we can't pay her enough, thankfully there are not too many of them) vs. the bashers that we all hate (should have been fired years ago and was never worth the money . . .).

I'm a "Random" where RU (and every team) is concerned. I root for a lot of teams, but I'm not unrealistic about their opportunities.
I always enjoy reading your posts, Mr. GrandCanyonKnight:)

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
I can see what location people are posting from...
:eek: omg!!! How long has this been going on?!? It’s bad enough Rubber Ducky stares while I type!!!
bathtub.jpg

Reaction Score
wow...stepped away for the day and came back to a thread full of mean comments. not sure how that's any different than what you object to about other school's fans. you can justify it any way you want, but that's the truth.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
wow...stepped away for the day and came back to a thread full of mean comments. not sure how that's any different than what you object to about other school's fans. you can justify it any way you want, but that's the truth.
No, it's a bunch of bull.

Mean comments? All in response to someone calling another poster a liar. And guess what. They were both Tennessee fans.

You might not like what you hear about Tennessee here, but it's nothing like what goes on in that sewer of a message board.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Well, at least it doesn't cost you anything to read, and you DO get your say. And there IS some humor, at no extra charge. BTW, we have granted RandomFan asylum, so no use trying for extradition. Ha!

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
Shhh.... don't go talkintg about the $10 a month fee for The Summitt here... you'll give president Herbst an idea... they'll start charging for the Boneyard... or sell the whole thing to ESPN

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Why DD's perceptive and objective previews alone would be cheap at the price. And actually, if push came to shove, I'd prolly be willing to pay $10 a month not to HAVE to read the Summitt. Save that much in Tums. :)

Reaction Score
I guess that anyone who is a true LV fan would have to kiss butt and spread the religion of "greatness" even when there is no truth to it at all. For how many years has the LV underachieved and to be aware that there is some kind of problem and yet, to say it publicly is a mortal sin of the worst possible kind, right? I personally think that with the talent that Tennessee has had over the past 5 years, that our Mr. Auriemma and Ms. Daly (along with their staff) would have had appreciably more success than has the staff down in Knoxville. I know there would have been multiple final fours and maybe even a championship or two because this staff adapts and adjusts to their players and how best to utilize them. With the history of Tennessee women's basketball and the facilities that they've had, the Lady Vols have had massive advantages over every other program in America and yet they still manage to radically underachieve. Why is that???????

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I guess that anyone who is a true LV fan would have to kiss butt and spread the religion of "greatness" even when there is no truth to it at all. For how many years has the LV underachieved and to be aware that there is some kind of problem and yet, to say it publicly is a mortal sin of the worst possible kind, right? I personally think that with the talent that Tennessee has had over the past 5 years, that our Mr. Auriemma and Ms. Daly (along with their staff) would have had appreciably more success than has the staff down in Knoxville. I know there would have been multiple final fours and maybe even a championship or two because this staff adapts and adjusts to their players and how best to utilize them. With the history of Tennessee women's basketball and the facilities that they've had, the Lady Vols have had massive advantages over every other program in America and yet they still manage to radically underachieve. Why is that???????
Um, I'm not sure the past 5 years is a very fair time period to castigate them for. More of my realistic side.

They had a coach begin suffering from dementia, they had a change-over to the new coach, they have had injuries, recruiting hasn't quite been what it was, etc., etc.

Prior to the last 5 years or so, they were the only other dominant, year in and year out, success story except for UConn. Two programs - does any other program have even 3 NC's????

They are what they are.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Few of us are, Kibs. But the Huskies, like Ol' Man River, just keeps on rollin' along.

Reaction Score
Coaching? Lack of a viable offense? Good point guard play? Take your pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle