Conference Realignment | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Conference Realignment

Reaction Score
Why don't you drop following UConn football as your negativity just sucks the air out of here. Stick to being an expert of FCIAC football and leave the big boy stuff to those who care.
Bill, you're the dumbest person on the boneyard so I'd lay off insulting people. I'm a football fan first. At this point we should be begging to be put out of our misery so we don't have to keep watching these atrocities

Reaction Score
Does UConn suck at football..
.....Yes...0-8 in conference

Can the program be turned around quickly..
......Probably not

How can it become respectable..
.....Recruiting athletes

Will the program recruit what is necessary to win 7-8 games..
.....Next year's class is lost (not in top 100)
.....The 2020 class will be the sign...kinda now or never

When in a nose dive, someone must be pulling up the nose little by little....2020 recruiting must move the nose toward the horizontal.

Reaction Score
On a national scale, no football and Uconn on a good day is Gonzaga, a school with a good basketball team you pay attention to a little bit until the tournament. On a bad day, they are Furman, a school no one pays attention to even when they in the top 25.

Football with a winning record keeps Uconn on the map September to April nationally.

Even when UConn had an average football program, the state didn't pay attention to them. The basketball team is what we are known for nationally. The fact is UConn football is a national embarrassment that needs to go independent or drop down a level. We need to get back to the big east a power basketball conference, not keep chasing a football dream that is never going happen because the state doesn't care about college football and we kind of suck at it.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Even when UConn had an average football program, the state didn't pay attention to them. The basketball team is what we are known for nationally. The fact is UConn football is a national embarrassment that needs to go independent or drop down a level. We need to get back to the big east a power basketball conference, not keep chasing a football dream that is never going happen because the state doesn't care about college football and we kind of suck at it.

Not true whatsoever. During our "average" years (2003-2013), UConn drew at or near capacity. No surprise that attendance has been in a free fall afterwards, when the Diacopolypse started taking hold.

1544629031330.png

Honestly, these type of misinformed posts don't do UConn any good whatsoever. And with the light posting history from this poster, I have the sick feeling that I'm just feeding some Big East troll.

Reaction Score

.Probably not

.....Recruiting athletes

When in a nose dive, someone must be pulling up the nose little by little....2020 recruiting must move the nose toward the horizontal.
Thank you for your interest in Uconn Football.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

.Probably not

.....Recruiting athletes

FSU went had a losing record this year losing their last game 41-14. Perhaps your insight is needed on the FSU board?

Reaction Score
FSU went had a losing record this year losing their last game 41-14. Perhaps your insight is needed on the FSU board?
Please don't tell me you are comparing UConn football to FSU football

CL82

Reaction Score
Please don't tell me you are comparing UConn football to FSU football
Nope but I am pointing out they FSU had a losing season.

Reading comprehension issues?

Reaction Score
Nope but I am pointing out they FSU had a losing season.

Reading comprehension issues?
So what does FSU football have anything to do with the future of UConn football?

It was a horrible joke/comparison.

CL82

Reaction Score
So what does FSU football have anything to do with the future of UConn football?

It was a horrible joke/comparison.
It was neither. It was a statement of fact. Reading is hard for you, isn't it?

Reaction Score
Those who publicly advocate for UConn to drop football or retreat to a lesser conference are not only sanctioning those who wish us ill, they are betraying the University. We should pursue every avenue in reinvigorating our football program. Making that a reality and promoting its excellence is on the school. Supporting that effort with enthusiastic attendance is on us.

Reaction Score
Those who publicly advocate for UConn to drop football or retreat to a lesser conference are not only sanctioning those who wish us ill, they are betraying the University. We should pursue every avenue in reinvigorating our football program. Making that a reality and promoting its excellence is on the school. Supporting that effort with enthusiastic attendance is on us.
Maybe the school should try harder to put a good product on the field. Your positivity isn't infectious. It's innefectual

Reaction Score
I supported this football program as much as I could. I bought season tickets, donated to the football program, traveled to games. It's never going to happen. Football will never, ever take this program anywhere. The fact is without basketball, UConn is nothing.

Reaction Score
UConn conference affiliation will be tied to football performance unless Congress makes football illegal...

Reaction Score
I supported this football program as much as I could. I bought season tickets, donated to the football program, traveled to games. It's never going to happen. Football will never, ever take this program anywhere. The fact is without basketball, UConn is nothing.
Coaching is everything my friend in basketball or football, Uconn was nothing the last two years of Ollie's tenure here, worse than nothing, a laughing stock. Now with a good coach things are already picking up. On the football side we have RE2.0 for the time being, if he gets us to 500 next year, maybe we improve even more.

I also question your truthfulness, you show me a person who claims to have traveled to away football games, donated money to the football program, was a season ticket holder, and then turns around and posts this negative crap on the schools football board. Show me that person and I will show you a liar.

GampelRob

Reaction Score

Look fella...Do you disagree with what I posted? Or are you just xenophobic?

Pissed because I am not a UConn guy..OK...but I am a sports guy and have sort of an adopted interest in UConn...

And, oh yes, FSU had a losing season for the first time in 40 plus years...but is that at all germane?

Reaction Score
Coaching is everything my friend in basketball or football, Uconn was nothing the last two years of Ollie's tenure here, worse than nothing, a laughing stock. Now with a good coach things are already picking up. On the football side we have RE2.0 for the time being, if he gets us to 500 next year, maybe we improve even more.

I also question your truthfulness, you show me a person who claims to have traveled to away football games, donated money to the football program, was a season ticket holder, and then turns around and posts this negative crap on the schools football board. Show me that person and I will show you a liar.

GampelRob

The thing is we have had 3 different coaches since the departure of Randy 1.0 so I don't think it's exclusively coaching. The lack of support for college football on the east coast and the lack of gettable recruits hurt us.

When it comes to coaching. There is also no guarantee that we can go and get a coach to turn this program around. We got Hurley because basketball is national. People only know UConn because of both Men's and Women's basketball. Not football. Also, if we were to get a great coach, why would he stay if a bigger program comes in and offers him more money? Just like Randy 1.0.

I just can't see us getting better in time for the next conference expansion. No one, including you can tell me we are going to get vastly better in 1-2 years. I know what UCF and some other programs have done. But that's not a great model to work off of. So if we don't get better in that time frame, where does that leave UConn?

Yes I being 100% truthful about the season tickets, donation, travel. My family and I have supported this team since the rent opened and had fun with the success we had in the Big East. But the more years we are removed from success the more I wonder if we caught lighting in a bottle. The college sports layout has change so much since 2011. I can't see myself, including others I know spending $1,000s on a team that can barely beat URI.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Thanks. Keep on rooting for our 1 win football team. Maybe they can squeak out two wins in the American next year. I'm sure you and the 50 other fans at the rent will be having a blast watching us get destroyed by no name teams.

Maybe its time the core football boneyarders lead a "pay Ollie the $ campaign" or something else equally as counter productive and thoroughly annoying for MM BB program.

Reaction Score
Maybe its time the core football boneyarders lead a "pay Ollie the $ campaign" or something else equally as counter productive and thoroughly annoying for MM BB program.
All 10 of you?

Reaction Score
I just wish we could have a reasonable discussion on it. Im personally leaning towards drop football but I'm not going to actively root against us. The university did a terrible job branding football and did nothing in regards to unifying the fan base. Football should have been pumped up a lot more. There's a bad culture in our fanbase and a lot of that is the fault of UConn

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I just wish we could have a reasonable discussion on it. Im personally leaning towards drop football but I'm not going to actively root against us. The university did a terrible job branding football and did nothing in regards to unifying the fan base. Football should have been pumped up a lot more. There's a bad culture in our fanbase and a lot of that is the fault of UConn
If you are against football, then sit on your hands and be quiet. I thought building a mens hockey program was a bridge too far, but I didn't start a campaign against it. If you want a discussion, take it elsewhere like the CRA board.

Reaction Score
If you are against football, then sit on your hands and be quiet. I thought building a mens hockey program was a bridge too far, but I didn't start a campaign against it. If you want a discussion, take it elsewhere like the CRA board.
For a lot of people it's just the equivalent of band wagoning within our own fanbase. No one wants to be associated with a losing program. Well, no one in the north east at least.

Reaction Score
Hint - the AAC is a mid major conference and Uconn while a flag ship state university has many characteristics of a mid major university in terms of enrollment, lack of AAU affiliation, etc. The Big East is less than a mid major as it is focused on B.B. as the only major sport. Every league has elite schools and bottom feeders.

Sports success (WBB excepted as that is a very thin talent pool) is directly tied to coaching and the willingness to have flexible academic admission standards. No way Duke, Nova, UVA, etc have the same standards for B.B. players as the general student body. Uconn clamped down too hard post Calhoun and Ollie did not fight it. Hurley seems to know how to play the game signing a kid that has not passed his SAT yet. Diaco never thought to push for a difference maker.

You can be in the conference you proposed and still be highly successful and competitive in B.B. Football will be in no worse shape conference wise than today with an undefeated conference champion being left out of the playoffs.

CT supports winning programs. It is as simple as that.
I agree but for one point. Size of athletic budget and revenues is a BIG factor. Without the excess TV revenues, UConn is not mid major.
If UConn football has any modicum of success, the fans will come back and all will be right.
If the playoff gets to eight, I'm fine with locking in rights to AAC. Especially with a spot for top G5.
UConn more than anything needs some stability in football. The constant pressure of win or drop program is wearing thin. Being able to end that nonsense would be a nicety.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom