Conference Re-alignment Bombshell | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Conference Re-alignment Bombshell

Reaction Score
I like this one better:

Pod A: Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska and ISU
Pod B: Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northwestern and Illinois
Pod C: Purdue, Indiana, MSU, Michigan and OSU
Pod D: PSU, Maryland, Rutgers, UConn and WVU

Yes, I know WVU has as good of a shot of being in the Big10 as Liberty, but I couldn't think of a better school that quickly. Same with ISU.

I like that scenario quite a bit, and I think something close to it could happen as soon as the B12 GOR nears it's expiration. UConn definitely fills out the NE Corridor.

In the Texas pod, I would prefer Rice and/or Tulane over a redundant ISU. Neither Rice or Tulane is a big football school but how many football powers does the B1G need to add after absorbing Texas and Oklahoma?

In the the UConn pod, I agree WVU won't happen. But if Texas and Oklahoma happened, with or without others, that would be dramatic. Maybe that power move would loosen up ND or VA? And don't some B1G folks talk about one of the NY Ivies (Cornell?)?

Anyhow, I think Texas and Oklahoma, Kansas too, will be there for the B1G in the 20s, if the B1G wants them, and that undoubtedly means UConn too, if only to close out a massive B1G presence in the NE Corridor.

Therefore, I realize a lot of folks here would take the ACC in a heartbeat, but I hope it's UConn in the B1G instead.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom