Conference Championship Game - PAC 12 - Oregon State vs UCLA | The Boneyard

Conference Championship Game - PAC 12 - Oregon State vs UCLA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Besides our ladies game, the ACC, B1G games, this is another game that I will be watching today. I love watching Oregon State games and I am picking them in this matchup.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I think this will be a really good game. A lot of people don't remember because it was so early in the year but UCLA almost beat SCar. Canada was putting in work on Sessions.

Reaction Score
Lawson just said Jordin Canada is 2nd best pg in the country (after mo).

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I've seen Oregon State maybe 3x this year. Offensively they run the same high post screen over and over allowing Wiesner or Wiese the option to shoot or pass. Over and over. Further, teams constantly seem to forget Wiesner is left handed allowing her to drive left and/or fouling her when she goes right. Ho-hum. UCLA is a glorified schoolyard dribbledribble guards create something team. Stanford at least plays a far more varied, creative offense. I think if Vanderveer had the talent this year they'd destroy this conference.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Lawson just said Jordin Canada is 2nd best pg in the country (after mo).

I did a Snoopy dance when I heard Kara say that.

Reaction Score
I've seen Oregon State maybe 3x this year. Offensively they run the same high post screen over and over allowing Wiesner or Wiese the option to shoot or pass. Over and over. Further, teams constantly seem to forget Wiesner is left handed allowing her to drive left and/or fouling her when she goes right. Ho-hum. UCLA is a glorified schoolyard dribbledribble guards create something team. Stanford at least plays a far more varied, creative offense. I think if Vanderveer had the talent this year they'd destroy this conference.
If, if , if, - the talent in the PAC 12 no longer flows exclusively thru Palo Alto, where VanDerveer had the pick of the litter for decades. She now has to scramble & compete for recruits like the rest of her conference. Oregon State was the class of the PAC 12 this year, and will likely be the top #2 seed when all is said and done. Which will likely put them in the Dallas bracket with Baylor.

Reaction Score
It wasn't nearly as close as that final score. Oregon looked tired, UCLA looked desperate to not lose by 30 in the last quarter.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
If, if , if, - the talent in the PAC 12 no longer flows exclusively thru Palo Alto, where VanDerveer had the pick of the litter for decades. She now has to scramble & compete for recruits like the rest of her conference. Oregon State was the class of the PAC 12 this year, and will likely be the top #2 seed when all is said and done. Which will likely put them in the Dallas bracket with Baylor.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not a Stanford fanboy by any means. I'm a Husky fan through and through. I just prefer the varied, versatile, prettier style of VanDerveer. To me it's a purer style of BB that promotes better all around players and looks better on screen. I enjoy watching coaches like Muffet McGraw, Jim Jabir, Doug Bruno, Courtney Banghart and Tara. I think if Jabir, Bruno and Banghart were able to draw recruits they'd be challenging UConn every year. Just my opinion.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It was an interesting game. I"ve not seen many Oregon STate games but they seem to be a Jekyll and Hyde type of team, even during the game. They got down big to Tennessee only to storm back in teh 2nd half. They were up huge against UCLA only to seem to fall apart in the 4th quarter. This seems to be a team that really cannot put 4 quarters of consistent quality basketball together in one game.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Tara has never had the pick of the litter - she has only had the pick of the players that can get accepted to Stanford's really high entrance standards. What is happening right now is that Stanford has had a few classes of less talented players, though the next one looks pretty strong while (finally) more than one of the other Pac12 teams appear to be on an upswing in their recruiting and importantly their coaching. It has been a long time coming - Cal for a few years looked strong, and a few others have over the years not looked dreadful.
It will be interesting to see if Oregon State can sustain after this season as they lose two of their big three to graduation (and three of their five starters.)

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Oregon State subbed in 3 back ups for a good portion of the 4th quarter. They put back in starters Hamblin Hunter and Hanson with 2.50 left and the lead down to 63-47. UCLA made 2 baskets to make it 63-51, then the lead stayed around 10 points(was 9 points once). Not sure how OSU's back ups will do down the road but I believe they have a good incoming class.
I thought UCLA laid a rotten egg last night and hopefully for their sake that is gone from their game.

Reaction Score
USC gave Oregon St. a much tougher game in the semis. Down by 5 with 3:20 left , they lost by 10. Sadie Edwards led USC with 20 points.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
USC gave Oregon St. a much tougher game in the semis. Down by 5 with 3:20 left , they lost by 10. Sadie Edwards led USC with 20 points.

Oregon State played USC in the quarters. They beat Washington in the semis, in a game where they were pretty lucky to escape with a 2-point win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom