Completely and Totally OT: COY UConn Spurs Fans | The Boneyard

Completely and Totally OT: COY UConn Spurs Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Anyone else fired up about Spurs / Chelsea today? A win today really puts the screws to arsenal, bringing us even with Chelsea and a point ahead of Arsenal. A lose puts us 2 points behind Arsne and a ton of goals behind in GD meaning we would need them to lose one of their final matches against Wigan and Newcastle - not good. A tie is the same story.

What do we think? I wish the game was home, but Chelsea could be tired coming off Basel and a last minute win @ Man U (screw you Ferguson for playing that $hitty line-up) and Bale is an absolute wildcard.

COYS!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Best of luck today. I'm cheering for you guys. Hate Aresenal but hate Chelsea even more.

I'm already stoked for next season and some Swansea - Cardiff clashes in the Prem league. Gonna be awesome. Hopefully Laudrup hangs around for us and we don't sell Michu.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
I'm just hoping the Toon stay up.

I think you should be good. You are fortunate that both you and Wigan (who you are tied with on GD) are both playing Arsenal to even it out. And even more fortunate, if Tottenham choke today and Saturday they may have nothing to play for by the time you catch them. Or they could have everything to play for.

I still can't believe we gave away two points to Wigan - that is going to haunt us.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Best of luck today. I'm cheering for you guys. Hate Aresenal but hate Chelsea even more.

I'm already stoked for next season and some Swansea - Cardiff clashes in the Prem league. Gonna be awesome. Hopefully Laudrup hangs around for us and we don't sell Michu.

I was excited to see Cardiff get promoted as well. The Welsh derby's are going to be fantastic next year.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
If we can beat QPR we'll be safe. Injuries and Pardew's complete inability to lead the team have brought us to this position. Well, there's more than that. The money that Ashley invested in the squad in January should have been spent in the close season. Pardew has had a talented squad that should be controlling on the ball more and he's tended to playing an ultra boring, ultra conservative form of hoofball that has, IMO, demoralized the squad. As much as I liked Pardew last year he's disappointed this year.

Anyways, yeah, Martinez looks like he has no more magic for Wigan. If they had beaten Swansea they would have stayed up but I think that loss doomed them. Newcastle is still not safe though. I actually feel better about the Arsenal game if they have to win for a CL spot. Arsene's boys seem to come up small when it is a must win game for them.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Can we just start an EPL/USMNT board, to keep the soccer yahoos out? :)

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score

I am not opposed to an EPL/USMNT board. But until then you are stuck with us, and if you try to keep us out we will trash the joint :).

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Just don't read the threads with titles that are clearly about soccer....not rocket science :)

Reaction Score
Not looking great for our beloved Spurs. Arsenal gets Wigan on 2 days rest from the FA Cup final, and at the Emirates no less. If they handle their business, as they should, you have to hope QPR tops The Toons to keep them desperate for a result v. Arsenal on the 19th. Hoping for a draw or loss in one of those two matches for the Gooners. It is doubtful Chelsea doesn't get at least 3 points from Villa and Everton. Fingers crossed.

Hopefully they don't sell Bale's services if they fail to finish top 4, but if they do they need to parlay that transfer fee into a finisher up front and shore up the back line.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
That late Sigurdson goal saved the season, and if I am being honest I thought Bale in the 92' was about to put us over the top, but there are only so many last minute goals that kid can score. I am hoping Wigan shows up for battle this weekend, but I am not too hopeful.

Regarding Bale, I realllllly hope they don't sell his services. He is an epic player whom you really can't replace. But if they do, they have to do something about the back line. We looked lost for large stretches of the match yesterday and were lucky to even come away with a point.

Reaction Score
I don't think Bale is going anywhere. I'll take the point from last night...but it sucks not having matters in our own hands.

COYS, also, Come on Wigan and Newcastle!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Anyone else fired up about Spurs / Chelsea today?
Was very fired up for it. However was looking for a Chelski win. (as painful as that is). However the draw will work. Still leaves us in the driver's seat AND with an actual (however miniscule) shot at 3rd.

Wigan on a couple days rest, at home, we should be able to take care of that. Newcastle plays QPR this weekend, and should be able to get at least a point and then are assured of staying up and have nothing to play for the last game.

As long as spurs finish below us, all is well in the world.

Reaction Score
Fortunate to get the point!!! Looking grim, but not out of it yet! Everton and Howard will be glad to help.

And whoever suggested cartilage free captain ... (WHH? NS?) Thank you!

Reaction Score
Fortunate to get the point!!! Looking grim, but not out of it yet! Everton and Howard will be glad to help.

And whoever suggested cartilage free captain ... (WHH? NS?) Thank you!

Yeah, it's a good site, pleasure!

Reaction Score
Was very fired up for it. However was looking for a Chelski win. (as painful as that is). However the draw will work. Still leaves us in the driver's seat AND with an actual (however miniscule) shot at 3rd.

Wigan on a couple days rest, at home, we should be able to take care of that. Newcastle plays QPR this weekend, and should be able to get at least a point and then are assured of staying up and have nothing to play for the last game.

As long as spurs finish below us, all is well in the world.

SAMCRO "Dislikes this" ;)

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I thought this was about the NBA...

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Spurs fan here, I missed the original thread at work.

Chelsea 1-1 Aston Villa right now (87th minute)... come on Villa!

Reaction Score
Benteke is an idiot. Villa had complete control until his idiotic 2nd yellow got him sent off. All that said, props to Lampard.

Reaction Score
Oh well, Come on you Latics!! Rest your starters in the Cup final and put everything you have in keeping from getting relegated on Tuesday. Spurs still need to handle their business and get 3 points tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom