Completely and Totally OT: COY UConn Spurs Fans | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Completely and Totally OT: COY UConn Spurs Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I'm not too worried about the Chelsea result, I am worried about Sunday and Tuesday though. I hope we haven't lost the wind in our sails now that our fate is out of our control.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Damn you Wigan - you had better not be tired/content from your FA win today, we need you to keep that form up against Ars.

Reaction Score
Dempsey with a huge contribution today. Hoping Spurs can hold on down the stretch forthe must have 3 points. QPR with an early 1-0 lead on Newcastle is good news. Hope they can get the result and keep the Magpies in a desperate spot next Sunday v. Arsenal at St. James Park.

Reaction Score
Geeesus Spurs rarely make it look easy. Result non the less. 3 points. Come on you Rangers. Come on you Latics.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
What an exciting game, but damn, do we have to win every game in the last 8?! Next week is going to determine UCL, either way, but boy would I love to see an arensenal lost/tie to put us in control. Is it Tuesday yet?!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
NBA is The Spurs, EPL is Spurs.

True. But in the thread title it wouldn't have said UConn The Spurs Fans even if it had been about the NBA, because that wouldn't have made any sense.

Either way, I don't much care which Spurs it is about. I don't like the NBA or EPL. Carry on.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Thank you Jose Bosingwa. Newcastle to stay up. I know Pulis plays boring football but his teams do all the little things right and if not for Charlie Adam's stupid attempt at a tackle Spurs would have been up against it. Should be an interesting last week.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Thank you Jose Bosingwa. Newcastle to stay up. I know Pulis plays boring football but his teams do all the little things right and if not for Charlie Adam's stupid attempt at a tackle Spurs would have been up against it. Should be an interesting last week.

Watching the game I actually thought it was harder for Spurs when Stoke when down to 10 because they stopped trying to score and we are a team that typically scores off breaks and with chaos. The few times they pushed into Spurs territory were the few times where I felt like we actually had a chance to pick a pocket and spread the field.

But yea, Adam's was dumb. The officials had seen enough in the first half that they were going to make sure they kept their finger on emotion in the first 10 of the 2nd half, and within 2 minutes he made that tackle.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Nice AVB quotes on Dempsey:

Villas-Boas singled out Dempsey for special praise after the American scored a superb 20th minute equaliser to cancel out N'Zonzi's early strike, then played a crucial role in Adebayor's crucial winner.

"He (Dempsey) has been absolutely immense this season with his assisting and his goalscoring and he has sometimes not got the credit he deserves," added Villas-Boas.

"He is a hard worker and a very complete athlete and he had an amazing game. It was an extremely good individual performance.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Damn you Wigan - you had better not be tired/content from your FA win today, we need you to keep that form up against Ars.
They really played hard that game. They look pretty tired to me. Can't see how they can recover in a couple days. They might as well mail it in now. ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Glad Newcastle won. Nothing to play for the last game of the season. :)

Reaction Score
They really played hard that game. They look pretty tired to me. Can't see how they can recover in a couple days. They might as well mail it in now. ;)
Agreed. I think it could get ugly at the Emirates tomorrow. Wigan had nothing left in the tank by then end Saturday. What a great final 20 minutes for the Cup though, and a great winner off the corner.

Praying for a draw here, but pretty unlikely. Martinez won't get relegated though. I would be surprised if he's not tapped for one of the jobs that will be open - would love to see him land at Everton.

Glad Newcastle won. Nothing to play for the last game of the season. :)
Agreed. Arsene and the boys have nothing to worry about next Sunday. Should be a liesurely stroll at The Park.

Reaction Score
I'm really looking forward to the finals. I predict it will be Brazil vs. Spain.

Spain certainly has a lot of good kickers and runners. That's their strength. However, Brazil also has a lot of good kickers and runners. They also have better goal defense. And, of course, you can't forget the little intangibles such as having Pele on your team. It's very difficult to pick against any team that has Pele. Looking forward to hearing the announcers saying "GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!!" many times as the result of Pele kicking the ball through the uprights.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Agreed. I think it could get ugly at the Emirates tomorrow. Wigan had nothing left in the tank by then end Saturday. What a great final 20 minutes for the Cup though, and a great winner off the corner.
Was nice to see them win for Wigan's sake. And it's nice to see Nasri and Clichy lose. :D

Not sure if it would have benefited us more to have them win or lose? Probably lose on a late goal in the 120th minute would have been best. Tiring and crushing. But anyway, they did wear themselves ragged to win.

Agreed. Arsene and the boys have nothing to worry about next Sunday. Should be a liesurely stroll at The Park.
Just get by Wigan and we should be ok. Hoping.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

Praying for a draw here, but pretty unlikely. Martinez won't get relegated though. I would be surprised if he's not tapped for one of the jobs that will be open - would love to see him land at Everton.

Don't be so sure. If everything breaks right, a win could put us 10th. Newcastle has played you guys tough lately and Steven Harper is playing, in effect, his Testamonial Match so, despite being wracked by injury, we might be really up for this match.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Don't be so sure. If everything breaks right, a win could put us 10th. Newcastle has played you guys tough lately and Steven Harper is playing, in effect, his Testamonial Match so, despite being wracked by injury, we might be really up for this match.
Not sure Pardew agrees with you. :cool:

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Damn it. Well Champions is out of our control. Need some help on Sunday.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Damn it. Well Champions is out of our control. Need some help on Sunday.
:D Wasn't watching (bad heart), but DVR'd. Made me look anyway. Got something to watch tonight.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
St. Totteringham's Day arrives again (late, but again).

forever_in_our_shadow_by_lagvilava-d4zyaxg.png

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
That was terrible on Sunday, but now we must turn out attention to keeping Bale. We better be ready to bring in some help or I fear he is gone. If not next year, the following.

Meyers, honest question for you. What do Arsenal fans thinks of Arsene? Although he somehow manages to always keep you in the Champions League, he hasn't managed to win anything in like seven years - do you think he is safe?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That was terrible on Sunday, but now we must turn out attention to keeping Bale. We better be ready to bring in some help or I fear he is gone. If not next year, the following.
I rather enjoyed it. And I agree it will be tough to keep Bale if he decides he want CL, trophies or a bigger payday. Believe me, from experience (Van Persie, Fabregas, Clichy, Nasri, Toure, Song - though I'm ok with that one, Flamini).

Meyers, honest question for you. What do Arsenal fans thinks of Arsene? Although he somehow manages to always keep you in the Champions League, he hasn't managed to win anything in like seven years - do you think he is safe?
I think he is very safe. I mean if they haven't got rid of him after 7 years...... probably as safe as Ferguson was. He'll go when he wants. Although there are a lot of fans who would like to see him go. I've felt that way, usually at the end of the transfer window, a couple times myself.

I would like to believe they like the fact that Arsenal has had to skrimp and save in order to build the stadium and Arsene has been able to do that while still maintaining CL. With the debt getting paid down now, I believe quite a bit in money in the bank, the new Puma deal coming, there's hope we will not only be able to hang onto our players (although there is talk we could be losing yet another captain - Vermaelen), and add to our club. That's what I hope, not that they are satisfied with the status quo as long as there is CL and they are making money.

There has been a lot of talk over the past few years whether it is the Board or Wenger who are not spending or who was allowing us to sell our top players. Or if there is money to actually spend??? But it certainly looks like we should have some now. We'll have to see how ambitious we actually are.

We need another striker, there's talk of Jovetic or Higuain. Another midfielder, probably a RB for Sagna, possibly a backup CB. Depending on what the GK's do, possibly an older backup GK. Lot's to do this summer. Along with getting rid of the deadwood (Denilson, Chamakh, Bendtner, Park, Arshavin, Djourou, Squillaci) which will help our wage bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom