Complete Frustration | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Complete Frustration

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Honestly, I don’t know whether to be really pissed at HCRE or feel sorry for him. I am opting for the latter. The roster that he inherited wouldn’t have been competitive in the patriot league. Give him credit, he is on the road to recruit tomorrow at 6AM, and is determined to continue the building. This recruiting class and the off -season weight training program are so critical. For all our sakes, let’s hope it’s the latter.

The team he inherited was bad. He actively made it worse.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I don’t know whether to be really pissed at HCRE or feel sorry for him. I am opting for the latter. The roster that he inherited wouldn’t have been competitive in the patriot league. Give him credit, he is on the road to recruit tomorrow at 6AM, and is determined to continue the building. This recruiting class and the off -season weight training program are so critical. For all our sakes, let’s hope it’s the latter.
My issue is this is his second year as coach and his team has gotten much worse with his players. Sure these are 1st and 2nd year players, but what happened to the players that would have been Juniors and Seniors under BD?

Reaction Score
All I can say is this team needs to have improvements next year.

Reaction Score
Sorry but this post is insane.

Reaction Score
Do you think the juniors and senior that did not play had a reason to kinda check out on the season. Not to say I agreed with it but it’s to be expected they would throttle down when they knew they would not play. The coach is playing for the future with freshman and sophomores and half the team knew they would get no burn.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
How do you persuade recruits worth a salt to come to UConn to play football? Edsall's got his work cut out for him.
I'll be real interested to see how recruiting pans out. Last year it was easy to sell the "be a part of the rebuild". Now that he's had two years and we have not just gotten worse, but set historical records, must make it near impossible.

If I'm a recruit and I have an offer from UConn and Temple....I'm not going to UConn. Heck, I'd probably choose MAC schools over this disaster. What kid really thinks they'll be successful in this dumpster fire??

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
They need to reduce prices in a real way.
I'll be shocked if we sell over 5k season tickets next year. I truly think 5k is being generous

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'll be real interested to see how recruiting pans out. Last year it was easy to sell the "be a part of the rebuild". Now that he's had two years and we have not just gotten worse, but set historical records, must make it near impossible.

If I'm a recruit and I have an offer from UConn and Temple....I'm not going to UConn. Heck, I'd probably choose MAC schools over this disaster. What kid really thinks they'll be successful in this dumpster fire??

Our only advantage is that we remain UConn. What I mean by that is the fact that we are a strong school and, all things considered in the northeast, a strong fanbase. We have 10,000 people turn up for a 1-10 team after multiple losing seasons. If this thing turns around, there will be 32k+ butts in the stands screaming, and they will be the talk of an entire state.

Hopefully that's enough for them to take a chance and come here, even during our darkest time...

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Our only advantage is that we remain UConn. What I mean by that is the fact that we are a strong school and, all things considered in the northeast, a strong fanbase. We have 10,000 people turn up for a 1-10 team after multiple losing seasons. If this thing turns around, there will be 32k+ butts in the stands screaming, and they will be the talk of an entire state.

Hopefully that's enough for them to take a chance and come here, even during our darkest time...
One can only hope. I really just don't see how any kid chooses us over any other FBS. So basically you'll be looking at FCS level players. I feel like we've been down this path before....

Reaction Score
I was at the hoops game at noon then layered up and hit the football game. Saw two blowouts today, one good and one embarrassing. As we left the game we were saying that next year could actually be the same or worse. I don't know if I am going to buy season tickets again or not - I was getting free tickets offers just about every game and I can sit wherever I want. I will still buy my hoops season tix and make my annual donation with matching funds to the school so I will support in my own way. But, I don't know how I can support what I have watched over the last several years anymore. There is no hope of even COMPETING in the games never mind winning.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Randy's energy and enthusiasm is infectious.....

Nah! The cameras just caught him at the moment he was trying to figure out what Christmas gift he was going to buy with the $2000 incentive he got for having a better third down conversion rate than his opponent.

Reaction Score
What kid really thinks they'll be successful in this dumpster fire??

Foley got drafted into the NFL just last year. That's what these kids want more than anything. They want to be coached up and play in the NFL. Edsall has a long list of players he can point to.

Reaction Score
What’s left to say when everything is burned to ashes. Utterly disgusted. Lots of anger towards the incompetence of all the adults around the table. Somebody better make some decisions to either run a real football program or just pack it in. I still believe we are one good staff away from being competitive and moving to very competitive. The bums there now aren’t the answer and year 2 proves it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom