Complete Frustration | The Boneyard

Complete Frustration

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
That is the sum of this season. Complete frustration. Hats off to those fans who came out tonight and finished the season strong.

The defense fell apart early and often, as they always do. Let's hope we have the best offseason strength training system in the world, because all the hope has been drained.

To top it off, the special teams unit decided to mail it in a game early, and the offense played well for 1 quarter and then went into depression mode after seeing what was inevitable.

The final cherry on top of this craptastic season was Edsall putting in Krajewski to have him hand the ball off for 1.5 quarters down 40+ points, as the last big middle finger to the fan base. I have to check, but he couldn't have attempted more than 4 passes in 20 minutes of football.

Time to hit the whiskey for 9 months and try to figure out how to make an impossible undefeated prediction...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The final cherry on top of this craptastic season was Edsall putting in Krajewski to have him hand the ball off for 1.5 quarters down 40+ points, as the last big middle finger to the fan base. I have to check, but he couldn't have attempted more than 4 passes in 20 minutes of football.

This was also my favorite part of the game. Edsall standing on the sideline with the liveliness of a corpse, having the freshman QB just hand it off down 40.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
This was also my favorite part of the game. Edsall standing on the sideline with the liveliness of a corpse, having the freshman QB just hand it off down 40.

I went back to look. He only had 3 pass attempts...

...and he came into the game with 5 minutes left in the third quarter. You can't make this stuff up...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I went back to look. He only had 3 pass attempts...

...and he came into the game with 5 minutes left in the third quarter. You can't make this stuff up...

I believe only 1 wasn't a check down or screen and went for a 7 or 8 yard completion.

Reaction Score
There really is nothing to say. I can’t even organize a coherent thought. I guess I am just glad it is over. While I have always been an Edsall supporter the back hag of this show of a season has me starting to think he is too old and inflexible to fix this.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
There was one pass on a second and long that he completed. The rest of the time he handed off unless he had to throw.

Was asked if I am getting tickets for next year and I guess now yes but we will see.

The team gave up plain and simple along with the coaching staff

Reaction Score
What gets me is the defense never got better as the season progressed. At best we had brief spurts in a couple games where we actually resembled a football team, but the whole season was hot garbage. Just one demolition after another. Plus the offense would fizzle out after 1 quarter.

Honestly - how much more as fans are we expected to endure? Can’t bear the thought that next year could look like this too, maybe worse with Pindell leaving.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
What gets me is the defense never got better as the season progressed. At best we had brief spurts in a couple games where we actually resembled a football team, but the whole season was hot garbage. Just one demolition after another. Plus the offense would fizzle out after 1 quarter.

Honestly - how much more as fans are we expected to endure? Can’t bear the thought that next year could look like this too, maybe worse with Pindell leaving.

I get that we didn't have good enough personnel to win many games. But when you are still giving up record amounts of yards and points deep into a season, it either means that you're not a very good teacher or you don't know how to make adjustments (or both).

Neither scenario bodes well for our coaching staff...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We finally get a chance to see Krajewski play and get a look at his arm and he hands it off six plays in a row! Then he makes two passes in a row and we are back to handing it off. I will say Steven Krajewski didn’t look nervous at all and he is more than capable of handling the position. I really would’ve liked to see what he could’ve done in a couple earlier games. Guess we have to wait until next year.

Reaction Score
That is the sum of this season. Complete frustration. Hats off to those fans who came out tonight and finished the season strong.

The defense fell apart early and often, as they always do. Let's hope we have the best offseason strength training system in the world, because all the hope has been drained.

To top it off, the special teams unit decided to mail it in a game early, and the offense played well for 1 quarter and then went into depression mode after seeing what was inevitable.

Time to hit the whiskey for 9 months and try to figure out how to make an impossible undefeated prediction...
Dan next time don’t wait for season to end to hit whiskey. Start in September...:):)

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score

Bro gotta wonder WTF is next for this program? getting harder and harder to watch, will we ever be a 500 or better program? Sometimes I wonder, the faith is fading away

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Bro gotta wonder WTF is next for this program? getting harder and harder to watch, will we ever be a 500 or better program? Sometimes I wonder, the faith is fading away

Give me a few months.

I'll find new lies to tell myself and others that will make the undefeated season feel remotely possible. But I'll need months...

Uconnalliance

Reaction Score
I've been hitting the whiskey since the spring game! I've been steadily lowering the amount of aged years and steadily increasing the volume as the season went on...
I moved to Jagermeister!!

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Honestly, I don’t know whether to be really pissed at HCRE or feel sorry for him. I am opting for the latter. The roster that he inherited wouldn’t have been competitive in the patriot league. Give him credit, he is on the road to recruit tomorrow at 6AM, and is determined to continue the building. This recruiting class and the off -season weight training program are so critical. For all our sakes, let’s hope it’s the latter.

Uconnalliance

Reaction Score
You know thinking back( not so long ago) to the days of Pitt, WV & Cuse I’m feeling very sad about the future, a once promising program on the way up is near death, SPEECHLESS very speechless

Reaction Score
Punting. At. Midfield. Down. 50. With. A. Minute. To. Play.
Not to mention moving down the field in the second quarter with the clock ticking down and not using time outs. I know the score and the team’s hx told me the game was over but gutting out a td there would have been a minor moral victory.

Reaction Score
Edsall let us all know how he feels about the fan base today. And it wasn’t good.
I could imagine him and Geno discussed how some want the football progran dropped because they don't want to be made fun of.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom