Complete Frustration | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Complete Frustration

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It was the cherry on a molotov cocktail of ugliness that was the 2018 season.
Isn’t that a situation you want your future QB to have experience in? Or do you need your punter to punt for the 80th time in the game?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The season is over and now onto the recruiting season which will tell a lot of UConn's future.

Those who want to give up their season tickets, just do it. I plan on purchasing tickets for next year once again with the hopes the team is better and wins a few games

Reaction Score
Edsall on the sideline is the opposite of the person one would think is the type of leader who can get us out of this nightmare.

Reaction Score
Each to his own on the whiskey. I resorted to telling myself that these were just just exhibitions several weeks ago. The real season starts in 2020. I was never an RE fan after he left the first time. You don't hand someone the keys to your house after they treat you like sh!tt. That said, I am pretty much not surprised so far. And the strange thing is that UConn may still do great in 2021 and 2022. However, so far I am not impressed.

This year we went to UCF and URI. I will probably do something similar next year. The first game of the year is always exciting. Then maybe another in September or early October. It's always funny to get flamed in the early season for lack of "loyalty" and then to read threads like this at the end.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The season is over and now onto the recruiting season which will tell a lot of UConn's future.

Those who want to give up their season tickets, just do it. I plan on purchasing tickets for next year once again with the hopes the team is better and wins a few games

Similar situation, long time faithful. Find it hard to understand how so many disliked Randy 1.0 for being so secretive are many of the same bitching about 2.0 telling it like it is....
This while not publicly calling out his predecessors one of which high tailed it back to the NFL as a position coach and the other to have three jobs in the last three years...
Looking forward to next year and the first steps back toward respect, that and a bowl game in the next if not sooner.

Reaction Score
Agree, all this Benedict and Edsall rhetoric would be more believable if we were seeing recruiting classes ranked better than worse.

How does worse recruiting plus a one win returning team yield good results?

We have never had a good recruiting class here based on rankings - so to me you can't really judge recruiting until we see the results.

Reaction Score
The feeling I get is that the players at least some gave up.
What REALLY bothered me was that the team acted like a bunch of snowflakes. The first adverse thing that happened they just collapsed.

The second thing that bothered me was that the staff did not seem to have a plan for the second half. Great game plan for the first half, sometimes only for the first quarter. With only a couple exceptions, when the opposition Coordinators figured out what was going on they made adjustments and the game was over. Somehow UConn should have anticipated those adjustments better.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Similar situation, long time faithful. Find it hard to understand how so many disliked Randy 1.0 for being so secretive are many of the same bitching about 2.0 telling it like it is....

He's not telling like it is, he's just covering his butt. I doubt too many others all falling for it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom