Complaint Against Geno Amended | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Complaint Against Geno Amended

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Did you read the complaint, Eric? It states that she was assigned security for the shoot around. She had to be there and was working. If she is lying about that then it will be easily verified. Also there was more in the complaint than the yelling. I get that fans of Geno are going to believe him. I would do the same if this happened with Pat. I also admit that I am more likely to consider Hardwick's story because I am not a fan of Geno. But I have followed the case and read through the complaint.
Well now you are changing your tune. First you said that yelling is "unprofessional" and that Geno shouldn't have been "screaming" at her. Of course you got that wrong too because if YOU actually read the complaint, you'd know it never refers to "screaming".

I'm really not sure what you are referring to in asking me if i read the complaint. in the ESPN blurb, it talks about what i quoted in my original comments above...

In the complaint, on page 3 item 7, it says "However after the filing of the Complaint, Cawley and the NBA decided to send Plaintiff to the Olympic Games, but in retaliation for Plaintiff's Complaint, assigned her to significantly diminished material responsibilities and subjected her to a hostile work environment, including, but not limited to, a verbal assault by Auriemma and other acts and statements by him designed to intimidate Plaintiff and retaliate against her for bringing this action against him..."

Then she goes on to say that he gestured at her as well and she was afraid he was going to hit her (battery).

So if you admit you don't like Geno, and are more likely to consider Hardwick's idiocy as valid, why are you on the UCONN board telling us about it? I can see people coming on here (fans of other schools) to discuss the facts in this case, but when you obviously dislike Geno, I'm not sure why you even bother, except to come over and try to rub our noses in something.

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
Well now you are changing your tune. First you said that yelling is "unprofessional" and that Geno shouldn't have been "screaming" at her. Of course you got that wrong too because if YOU actually read the complaint, you'd know it never refers to "screaming".

I'm really not sure what you are referring to in asking me if i read the complaint. in the ESPN blurb, it talks about what i quoted in my original comments above...

In the complaint, on page 3 item 7, it says "However after the filing of the Complaint, Cawley and the NBA decided to send Plaintiff to the Olympic Games, but in retaliation for Plaintiff's Complaint, assigned her to significantly diminished material responsibilities and subjected her to a hostile work environment, including, but not limited to, a verbal assault by Auriemma and other acts and statements by him designed to intimidate Plaintiff and retaliate against her for bringing this action against him..."

Then she goes on to say that he gestured at her as well and she was afraid he was going to hit her (battery).

So if you admit you don't like Geno, and are more likely to consider Hardwick's idiocy as valid, why are you on the UCONN board telling us about it? I can see people coming on here (fans of other schools) to discuss the facts in this case, but when you obviously dislike Geno, I'm not sure why you even bother, except to come over and try to rub our noses in something.
I did read the complaint and it does mention that Geno screamed at her on the top of page 17. I actually got the link to the complaint from rbny1's post in this thread. I do agree with you that I shouldn't have posted at all in this thread. I regretted it right away but Nan had already quoted me before I could delete. If Nan wants to delete my posts or leave them that is fine with me. I do apologise though because it isn't my place to try and correct or offer my opnion about a sensitive matter on your board. It is hard to resist and I'll try to do better.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I did read the complaint and it does mention that Geno screamed at her on the top of page 17. I actually got the link to the complaint from rbny1's post in this thread. I do agree with you that I shouldn't have posted at all in this thread. I regretted it right away but Nan had already quoted me before I could delete. If Nan wants to delete my posts or leave them that is fine with me. I do apologise though because it isn't my place to try and correct or offer my opnion about a sensitive matter on your board. It is hard to resist and I'll try to do better.

How does it feel to be allowed to post your opinion on a rival's board? I'm sure you were all hammering Geno without an objecting opinion on your board.

You have every right to post your opinion here but to complain when challenged? Not so much.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
The interesting thing here is that Geno is a smart man - and likely listens to his attorneys who likely told him under no circumstance to have any truck whatsoever with this person. Don't say anything and avoid contact. I find it hard to believe that he would not listen to this advice and follow it to the letter, no matter how angry or upset he is at the lawsuit.

I am thinking that things were too quiet lately about this case, and it wasn't getting the press and attention (some may have felt) it deserved, so, they upped the ante.

I am thinking this. I have no proof. But my dad was a smart man and a lawyer and that is what he would have said. And Geno is smart, and I bet he would follow this advice.

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
How does it feel to be allowed to post your opinion on a rival's board? I'm sure you were all hammering Geno without an objecting opinion on your board.

You have every right to post your opinion here but to complain when challenged? Not so much.
I'm not complaining. I'm saying I was wrong.

Reaction Score

Eric,Nan<who tends to be a calm person> are raising reasonable strong comments!
I looked back at earlier threads! It was posted how so many LV fans are not going to root for the USA Womens Olympic Team nor watch the games:eek::mad:
Doggy posted a great post about how/why on this open board LV/haters of Geno and UCONN can post! While we cannot go on to the Summit/TN Womens board!

How about supporting our having free access to your board for some period of time?

With the already filed suit,Geno should have greeted her outside the team bus?
Stated in the amended suit! On Aug 1st she was screamed at,told to move,finger pointed at her!
She felt alarm,distress,threatening behavior!!!!!
This is not an avg person! Former Detective,Police Dept,skills as earlier stated to not only protect herself,but to inflict damage far beyond Geno's skill level! To make an analogy she could be compared to a Boxer who's hands and skills could be considered weapons!
As Eric stated! "Why are you on this board?" You dislike Geno!!!!
Ira

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
The upside to this complaint is there must have been witnesses.
I guess the suit wasn't going her way fast enough for her, so she turned up the heat.
Everything else I am thinking, is inappropriate for posting here.

Reaction Score
JMPenn,
I don't think you are wrong at all. I think you raise valid points, that while we UConn fans may disagree with them, we should consider AS objectively as possible.

I'm not complaining. I'm saying I was wrong.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
JMPenn,
I don't think you are wrong at all. I think you raise valid points, that while we UConn fans may disagree with them, we should consider AS objectively as possible.

He said he was wrong in posting in this thread. And he was right. No good could have come from it, and it went in the direction most threads with UConn and Tennessee fans go.

Objectively? Not a chance. UConn fans (for the most part) will defend Geno 100% in this suit and others...well...here is what Jmpenn posted.

"I get that fans of Geno are going to believe him. I would do the same if this happened with Pat. I also admit that I am more likely to consider Hardwick's story because I am not a fan of Geno."

Nope. Not objective.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Let me get this right... A hardened narcotics detective for the NYPD and NBA Security official feared for her life because a well coiffed Italian guy screamed at her in a crowded gym??

He ain't so tuff....a skinny chick in great clothes can handle him.

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
He said he was wrong in posting in this thread. And he was right. No good could have come from it, and it went in the direction most threads with UConn and Tennessee fans go.

Objectively? Not a chance. UConn fans (for the most part) will defend Geno 100% in this suit and others...well...here is what Jmpenn posted.

"I get that fans of Geno are going to believe him. I would do the same if this happened with Pat. I also admit that I am more likely to consider Hardwick's story because I am not a fan of Geno."

Nope. Not objective.
Just cant help myself but at least this last correction isnt controversial. I'm female. The J in jmpenn is for Jocelyn. Agree though that I'm not objective.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Just cant help myself but at least this last correction isnt controversial. I'm female. The J in jmpenn is for Jocelyn. Agree though that I'm not objective.

Sorry.

Jocelyn....such a lovely name for someone so misguided.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Has anyone answered the very pertinent question asked earlier: What the hell was the plaintiff doing at Geno's practice?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
The complaint says she was assigned security for the shoot around.

It's hard to believe that with the lawsuit pending, she was assigned to be there at the same time Geno was there.

I was wondering the very same thing. I just don't understand, given the circumstances, how that could have been allowed

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

Hi Jocelyn!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
IMO it shouldn't be done in any kind of work environment. They should both act professionally while working. She could of course be exaggerating or lying about him screaming at her but it should be easy to verify if it happened.

Bingo. It either can or cannot be verified. If she is lying, she sinks. If its true, it's a dumb move on Geno's part, considering the previous allegations, whether true or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom