committee top 16 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

committee top 16

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
no. The NCAA says you can count one tournament game even if it never gets played. A team definitely only needs 12 regular season games, so Michigan has already qualified.
WHAT? WHAT? WHATTTTT?

Reaction Score
408 tickets means you have 68 Tier 1 members? Players, practice players, coaches, trainers don't add up to 68. Even on 15 player squads with 15 practice players. 4 coaches, a couple of grad assistants, 2-3 managers make 39. If there are another 20 or more people having daily contact with players no wonder there have been so many pauses around the country.
408 per event means 204 for each team, no? That would be 6 tix each for 34 players & staff. Suspect that ‘staff’ will include AD and various higher-up Athletic Dept staff, possibly University Pres, etc. Pretty easy to get to 34 - don’t need to count any practice players (they would have to watch from the stands as ‘friends and family’, as NCAA doesn’t allow schools to pay for them to travel to games).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
408 per event means 204 for each team, no? That would be 6 tix each for 34 players & staff. Suspect that ‘staff’ will include AD and various higher-up Athletic Dept staff, possibly University Pres, etc. Pretty easy to get to 34 - don’t need to count any practice players (they would have to watch from the stands as ‘friends and family’, as NCAA doesn’t allow schools to pay for them to travel to games).
I think you are right. What caught me was the reference to "Tier 1", which I thought was the COVID Tier 1 list which I doubt included administrators. I wouldn't be surprised if prominent donors got a few tickets.

Reaction Score
A&M lost at LSU
post-54086-anna-kendrick-yikes-gif-Imgur-VApe.gif

Georgia can be a solid team when playing well but definitely not a 3 seed.

Reaction Score
Massey has Stanford, UConn, SC and Baylor as the Top four. My amateur eye test can’t disagree.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
A&M lost at LSU; but, then they beat LSU at home. Like Carolyn Peck stated last night, that should be considered a "wash".
So, if NC State avenges it's road loss to UNC by beating the Tar Heels at home in a couple of weeks, and doesn't lose another game, should that be considered a wash? Should NC State, then, remain a 2-seed while two teams it beat (again, on the road) get 1-seeds?

Reaction Score
Massey has Stanford, UConn, SC and Baylor as the Top four. My amateur eye test can’t disagree.
Baylor is good but they are more 2/3 seed. That Iowa St game was a bad loss, even though they were coming off the COVID break. Arkansas isn't necessarily a bad loss even though it was at the beginning of the season but their resume is pretty limited due to lack of BIG opponents in the Big 12. USF is a solid win and WVU is solid but that resume win took a tumble after losing to OU. They are still one of the teams in my group of 8/9 that can contend for a final four or natty. This year is pretty wide open IMO.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
So, if NC State avenges it's road loss to UNC by beating the Tar Heels at home in a couple of weeks, and doesn't lose another game, should that be considered a wash? Should NC State, then, remain a 2-seed while two teams it beat (again, on the road) get 1-seeds?
Yes. :)

Regardless of NC State losing at Va Tech and at North Carolina, I believe they should have been a #1 seed in last night's reveal. Those two losses in no way should diminish their wins at South Carolina and at Louisville. Someone can correct if I'm wrong, but those have to be the two best wins any one team has under its belt so far this season.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Baylor is good but they are more 2/3 seed. That Iowa St game was a bad loss, even though they were coming off the COVID break. Arkansas isn't necessarily a bad loss even though it was at the beginning of the season but their resume is pretty limited due to lack of BIG opponents in the Big 12. USF is a solid win and WVU is solid but that resume win took a tumble after losing to OU. They are still one of the teams in my group of 8/9 that can contend for a final four or natty. This year is pretty wide open IMO.
West Virginia still has to travel to Waco to face Baylor. And, they could meet again in the Big 12 tournament. Not sure if Baylor beating WVU two more times knocks WVU out of the Top 25 or not, but it's worth watching.

I already stated that I'm surprised WVU came in at #14 last night with a home win against Tennessee as their best win, and a dreadful loss at home to Oklahoma on Saturday night. WVU being in the Top 16 was one of the biggest head-scratchers, IMO. Perhaps the committee considered them one of the hottest teams in the country based on their double-digit winning streak, but that ended against OU.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yup, unlike last season when we were THE OFFICIAL number one seed at actual seeding time after the season had ended.

I guess we'll make this "temporary seeding banner" a different color. Maybe one square inch smaller.

Do we get another one for the next temporary seeding before the final official seeding?

Hot dawg, three potential seeding banners in one year!
You guys can cover the arena wall to wall if you get creative enough. ;)

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Because the PAC-12 is a tough conference where each team has played a tougher schedule than say...UConn.
How do we judge how good they really are if they don't play UCONN, Baylor,SC, NC State, ETC. I guess we'll find out in the tournament.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Yep, Kim Barnes Arico is building Michigan into a power just as she did St Johns. Strong coach. Making her way into the top ranks of top coaches.
When was St Johns a power?

Reaction Score
Look at Massey’s strength of schedule. Compare the records and SOS of Baylor and Maryland. Why should Baylor be ranked above Maryland?

I hate that the NET does not show its SOS . Too me, that should be one of the most important factors in the algorithm.

Reaction Score
Look at Massey’s strength of schedule. Compare the records and SOS of Baylor and Maryland. Why should Baylor be ranked above Maryland?

I hate that the NET does not show its SOS . Too me, that should be one of the most important factors in the algorithm.
Sos shown here

Reaction Score
Sos shown here

Thanks and WOW!

The difference in NET SoS and Massey's is incredible. NET really treats the PAC schedule like crap and favors the SEC tams' SoS. I felt like Massey gave too much credit to the PAC's "closed system" in SoS. I gotta say it looks like the NET undervalues their schedule too much.

UCLA with the 125th ranked schedule? Texas A&M ranked 30th best schedule? WOW.

i'm and SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC guy all the way, but WOW! Just WOW!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom