Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets | Page 32 | The Boneyard

Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets

Reaction Score
And if you're directly discussing this with another entity, one could possibly presume that that violates the NDAs depending on how they are written....
Same for Tulane. Publicly admitting you signed an NDA is a violation of the NDA - No? Calling BL and the other lawyers on the board for comment.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
UNLV had about the same chance as Capital Community College getting in. The news of the day is essentially they are back to the initial list after a summer of digging and filling in holes.

Right. The only thing a school needed to do to get on the Big 12's initial list of 18-20 is say it wanted to be on that list. None of those 10-12 schools cut were actual "candidates" in the sense that the Big 12 was going to actually consider them. We have now reached the point where there are actual candidates.

Reaction Score
How the hell are they considering 8 AAC schools? SMU and Tulane? How How How???

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
And UNM is out. This is how far we have been reduced Head bang
Same for Tulane. Publicly admitting you signed an NDA is a violation of the NDA - No? Calling BL and the other lawyers on the board for comment.

Depends. But probably.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It was reported they're still in- but as a football only, which would make some sense. Hopefully you're right and they're out, too.
According to Wikipedia, Air Force is an associate member of the Big XII for wrestling. I don't think they make sense for football or any other sport though. Colorado-Boulder left and Colorado State doesn't carry Denver. Where is Air Force, which about about equidistant from Denver as Boulder, rank? Answer? Not very high (no pun intended).

MattMang23

Reaction Score
According to Wikipedia, Air Force is an associate member of the Big XII for wrestling. I don't think they make sense for football or any other sport though. Colorado-Boulder left and Colorado State doesn't carry Denver. Where is Air Force, which about about equidistant from Denver as Boulder, rank? Answer? Not very high (no pun intended).

I didn't mean they necessarily were a good idea for the Big 12 for football, just that if you're gonna take Air Force at all, that, like Navy, you probably do it as football only. So in the sense that the Big 12 is apparently only looking at them as football only, that would make sense more so than to look at them for all sports.

That being said, I don't think they're under serious consideration.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I didn't mean they necessarily were a good idea for the Big 12 for football, just that if you're gonna take Air Force at all, that, like Navy, you probably do it as football only.

That being said, I don't think they're under serious consideration.
Me neither.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
So much depends on the '-' designation in 6-8.
And so easily typed.
Means millions and survival.

This is stupid.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I went to the Tulane FB game last season. After which I frequented a couple of dive bars just a few mile from the stadium and chatted with several locals. The only college football they were interested in was LSU (who just happened to be playing Alabama that night). The was never even a hint of recognition when the name Tulane was mentioned.

Reaction Score
I went to the Tulane FB game last season. After which I frequented a couple of dive bars just a few mile from the stadium and chatted with several locals. The only college football they were interested in was LSU (who just happened to be playing Alabama that night). The was never even a hint of recognition when the name Tulane was mentioned.
Of course not. Their undergrad enrollment is barely bigger then SCSU

Reaction Score
Re: Trotter's list.....

WTF THEY'RE STILL CONSIDERING AIR FORCE, RICE, TULANE, AND SMU???????????

Boy would I be pissed if I were a Memphis fan and it were true those four got invited over us...

Reaction Score
He does qualify with "at least" but a curious omission from this list - no Memphis.

This is the equivalent of ESPN pissing in the pool by ensuring Rice is mentioned...

... reported in another thread that was football only.

justinslot

Boneyard Rutgers/Temple lurker
Reaction Score
(notes that Temple is still on the list) (notes that Philly is still roughly equidistant from Storrs and Morgantown)

Also--poor poor Memphis. Not even FedEx bribery kept them on the list.

Reaction Score
It depends on the scope of the definition of what constitutes "confidential information" within the agreement itself and the specific exceptions that permit disclosure. Some are drawn to include the existence of the agreement itself, but most are generally confined to the substance of the matter itself for any number of reasons. For Tulane, a private school, the constraints could be tighter than public schools where non-disclosure of the existence of the agreement itself would likely implicate sunshine laws. In order to maintain equal treatment among parties, though, I imagine they all executed the same terms with possible modifications required by a particular jurisdiction's public disclosure laws. The other aspect for consideration is that disclosing non-qualification creates little actionable harm because it does not impair the Big12's selection process. All that said, in terms of two parties teaming on bid selection that is potentially more problematic to he extent they are furnishing information to each other regarding their interactions with the Big12. Unless the Big12 expressly approved joint proposals, I don't believe anyone would likely engage in a joint process in apparent violation of an NDA.

MattMang23

Reaction Score

I was in New Orleans fall 2014. Saw LSU flag after LSU flag flying from homes and businesses. Saw LSU shirt after LSU shirt (and, to be sure, a crap load of Saints merch- the Saints were playing the Packers at home in the Sunday night game that week and the city was abuzz) in stores. But nary a Tulane anything. It was like LSU was located in New Orleans and Tulane was located on the moon.

Reaction Score
It seems to me at this point with all of the widely varied opinions there is no such thing as a premium top shelf tweet short of an announcement that they are not expanding or they announce new members.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Does the B12's agreement with ESPN and FOX give a pro-rata increase for partial members? I'd guess not.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Re: Trotter's list.....

WTF THEY'RE STILL CONSIDERING AIR FORCE, RICE, TULANE, AND SMU???????????

Boy would I be pissed if I were a Memphis fan and it were true those four got invited over us...

Why? A degree from any of the four is far more valuable than one from Memphis.

Reaction Score
Rice and Air Force, along with Army, would be great additions to the AAC. If BYU doesn't get into B12, it too would be a great add for the AAC.

Reaction Score
Rice and Air Force, along with Army, would be great additions to the AAC. If BYU doesn't get into B12, it too would be a great add for the AAC.
BYU still has their contract with ESPN. that pays them almost what the entire AAC is getting. And we have a bowl alliance with them. what would they gain from joining?
I will say, the fact that the AAC is such a target does suggest that Aresco and company expanded with the right schools.

Reaction Score
BYU still has their contract with ESPN. that pays them almost what the entire AAC is getting. And we have a bowl alliance with them. what would they gain from joining?
I will say, the fact that the AAC is such a target does suggest that Aresco and company expanded with the right schools.

The only thing we could offer BYU is New Year's 6 bowl access. They don't have that right now as an Independent, they would have to make the Playoff to get it.

Reaction Score
The only thing we could offer BYU is New Year's 6 bowl access. They don't have that right now as an Independent, they would have to make the Playoff to get it.
good point. I still think BYU doesn't want to be definitively included in the G5.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom