Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets

Reaction Score
Lyme has a mainSt that should be in movies as the quintessential New E gland town, it is so beautiful.

I love Watch Hill. Did you drive up the hill past Taylor Swifts mansion?
Misquamicut is one of my favorite places, really enjoy aflame fritters on the oceanfront patio ( can't think of the name, but it is way down by the caruosel) past the public state park.

The south coast of New Enland is very beautiful.

Where do you live up stater?

pj

Reaction Score
17 teams? Are you freakin kidding me? I couldn't name 17 possible candidates if I threw in literally every school we've heard:

UConn, Cincy, Memphis, UH, BYU, Tulane, UCF, USF, ECU, Temple, CSU, New Mexico, SMU...uhh....Navy? Air Force?? I'm still 2 short

Maybe the contract continues pro rata payments through 27 members.

Reaction Score
Maybe the contract continues pro rata payments through 27 members.

Could you imagine? "Here, you 17 split this 20 million dollars 17 ways. We'll just hold onto the rest"

It'd be the biggest F-You to the networks and media we've ever seen.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I'm not suppose to drink because of the medication l'm on but I've reached the what the hell point.

I've actually stopped drinking because I have a CR headache, and I almost never get headaches, even mild ones.

You are your own best doctor, Nell! Trust your own judgment. ;)

Reaction Score
Lyme has a mainSt that should be in movies as the quintessential New E gland town, it is so beautiful.

I love Watch Hill. Did you drive up the hill past Taylor Swifts mansion?
Misquamicut is one of my favorite places, really enjoy aflame fritters on the oceanfront patio ( can't think of the name, but it is way down by the caruosel) past the public state park.

The south coast of New Enland is very beautiful.

Where do you live up stater?

I live in Buffalo. Trust me, I know its charms. It has them. For instance, cycling, which I do a lot of, is much better in Buffalo than it could be in Connecticut. But this area wins over so many places I've lived in. Took my kids on the Carousl in Watch Hill, and we ate at the Annex. Went down to Horseneck beach today, then ate at the Blount Clam Shack in Warren RI. Every corner of this place is a mystery for us. So glad I'm doing this as a 40s something adult, because in my 20s I spent many a booze soaked night in Misquamicut and honestly it is all hazy and I surely didn't know where I was.

What I like about Rhode Island is this: has all the charm of New England, but perhaps more beauty than the Mass. coast, but it doesn't have the pretensiousness. It is rough around the edges--which is a good thing. None of that Yankee stuckupedness.

Reaction Score
Only thing I know about Arkansas State is they had Houston Nutt's brother, Dickie Nutt, as the hoop coach.

Yup, Dickie Nutt

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
McMurphy predicting staying at 10 and Carlton predicting 12 or 14. The mainstream media is no better than the Twitteratti.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Usually I rent a house on Cape Cod in August. This year we tried something different (I'm in Westport, MA today). We hopped all over Connecticut, Rhode Island and south soast Mass. We have been blown away by Madison, CT, Hammonasset, East Lyme, Mystic and Mystic Seaport, Stonington, Watch Hill RI, Misquamicut, Narragansett, Newport and Second Beach, Little Compton and South Shore Beach, and tomorrow we visit old friends in Providence. We are blown away by the beauty. Those jamokes in Louisville can't hold a candle to this.

Louisville is holding an ACC candle. They literally spend zero seconds contemplating Connecticut's rustic charm. Which is also true of 100% of recruits.

Reaction Score
Louisville is holding an ACC candle. They literally spend zero seconds contemplating Connecticut's rustic charm. Which is also true of 100% of recruits.

Besides the point. For one, this aint about recruits. Two, replying to Louisville selling the town to administrators.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Besides the point. For one, this aint about recruits. Two, replying to Louisville selling the town to administrators.

The point you are obviously avoiding is there isn't anyone who is comparing what Louisville offers compared to what UConn offers. Louisville is in and any pros/cons are irrelevant.

Compare what you find positive about Connecticut to other schools trying to leave the G5 and get a P5 invite.

Reaction Score
I live in Buffalo. Trust me, I know its charms. It has them. For instance, cycling, which I do a lot of, is much better in Buffalo than it could be in Connecticut. But this area wins over so many places I've lived in. Took my kids on the Carousl in Watch Hill, and we ate at the Annex. Went down to Horseneck beach today, then ate at the Blount Clam Shack in Warren RI. Every corner of this place is a mystery for us. .

Why is the cycling better in Buffalo? I am on block island right now and the cycling is limited except for the views.

Reaction Score
The point you are obviously avoiding is there isn't anyone who is comparing what Louisville offers compared to what UConn offers. Louisville is in and any pros/cons are irrelevant.

Compare what you find positive about Connecticut to other schools trying to leave the G5 and get a P5 invite.

I dont know why you're doing this.

I was responding to a post about Louisville selling itself 2013.

Everyone is aware that Louisville is in the ACC.

Reaction Score
Why is the cycling better in Buffalo? I am on block island right now and the cycling is limited except for the views.

Well paved roads, bike lanes, extensive bike path networks, larger roads, Erie Canal path, etc.

I was riding around Westport CT recently and it was pretty bad, then I tried New Haven area and didnt really find good paths out of town, there was a small bike path that runs up through Hamden into Sleeping Giant, but it was pretty short. The shoreline roads are choppy, constant turns.

In Buffalo, you can ride for hundreds of miles. There's the Friendship Trail over the Peace Bridge, the Niagara River Trail, the Erie Canal path through Lockport etc. I basically leave my house and do 30 mile rides all the time with no stopping, and I live downtown.

Reaction Score
Usually I rent a house on Cape Cod in August. This year we tried something different (I'm in Westport, MA today). We hopped all over Connecticut, Rhode Island and south soast Mass. We have been blown away by Madison, CT, Hammonasset, East Lyme, Mystic and Mystic Seaport, Stonington, Watch Hill RI, Misquamicut, Narragansett, Newport and Second Beach, Little Compton and South Shore Beach, and tomorrow we visit old friends in Providence. We are blown away by the beauty. Those jamokes in Louisville can't hold a candle to this.

I haved plyed the waters south of New England for decades. I been up and down the east coast from Key West to Eastport, Me. There is no finer boating than the eastern sound, Sag Harbor, Montauk out to Block, Newport and the Elizabeth Islands. Let me tell you it beats the Ohio river.

Reaction Score
My wife and I ran a 35 ft sailboat out of Florida for a couple of decades....have circumnavigated Florida from Panama City to Key West to St. Augustine...also have cruised to the Bahamas a couple of times. You can see the coral heads and water depth in daytime running.

Never cruised New England..we thought about a rental but went to Tortola instead.

New England is a beautiful cruising ground....I often wondered about the rocky ledges vs running your keel into a sand bank...I crewed a boat that went on the Isla Mujeres-Tampa run...the coral was no problem.

Reaction Score
I'm not suppose to drink because of the medication l'm on but I've reached the what the hell point.
Don't drink. Use weed. Eat some, whatever. Just don't drink.

What's with all the autobiographies?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My wife and I ran a 35 ft sailboat out of Florida for a couple of decades....have circumnavigated Florida from Panama City to Key West to St. Augustine...also have cruised to the Bahamas a couple of times. You can see the coral heads and water depth in daytime running.

Never cruised New England..we thought about a rental but went to Tortola instead.

New England is a beautiful cruising ground....I often wondered about the rocky ledges vs running your keel into a sand bank...I crewed a boat that went on the Isla Mujeres-Tampa run...the coral was no problem.

I have a semi-bucket list desire to do the lap around 1/2 the US along eastern seaboard, Great Lakes, Mississippi and Intercoastal. If things work out right, I'd do a lot of leg work trying to make it happen.

Reaction Score
Don't drink. Use weed. Eat some, whatever. Just don't drink.

What's with all the autobiographies?

Gotta post about something other than CR, The Election, Illegals, or would you prefer that.
Can't do weed and I'm only talking about 1drink.

Reaction Score
I have a semi-bucket list desire to do the lap around 1/2 the US along eastern seaboard, Great Lakes, Mississippi and Intercoastal. If things work out right, I'd do a lot of leg work trying to make it happen.

It's called the Great Loop" - google same - A buddy of mine just returned to CT after a year on the water. Left CT in Summer of 15, through "Hell's Gate", up the Hudson, to the canals etc. He "crossed his wake" off the Battery at the southern tip of Manhattan in mid- June. He spent the winter in Key West. He had "NO FUN", LOL. All you need is to be retired or own your own "runs by itself business".

Reaction Score
Hmmm....

You guys seem to have an awful lot in common with a certain Twitter-er (Tweeter?).

Either of you have a wife that does roller derby?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's called the Great Loop" - google same - A buddy of mine just returned to CT after a year on the water. Left CT in Summer of 15, through "Hell's Gate", up the Hudson, to the canals etc. He "crossed his wake" off the Battery at the southern tip of Manhattan in mid- June. He spent the winter in Key West. He had "NO FUN", LOL. All you need is to be retired or own your own "runs by itself business".

I've done some reading on it. I'm intrigued. It's at least 20 years feom happening so I have time.

Reaction Score
I live in Buffalo. Trust me, I know its charms. It has them. For instance, cycling, which I do a lot of, is much better in Buffalo than it could be in Connecticut. But this area wins over so many places I've lived in. Took my kids on the Carousl in Watch Hill, and we ate at the Annex. Went down to Horseneck beach today, then ate at the Blount Clam Shack in Warren RI. Every corner of this place is a mystery for us. So glad I'm doing this as a 40s something adult, because in my 20s I spent many a booze soaked night in Misquamicut and honestly it is all hazy and I surely didn't know where I was.

What I like about Rhode Island is this: has all the charm of New England, but perhaps more beauty than the Mass. coast, but it doesn't have the pretensiousness. It is rough around the edges--which is a good thing. None of that Yankee stuckupedness.

I disagree about the cycling. The Northwest corner of CT is fantastically beautiful, quiet roads, plenty of challenging climbs and many little New England town stores for breaks. I lived in many different areas including the GTO, which I know is not Buffalo, but this is my favorite for cycling, other than central Vermont. But I like the hills. I like 100ft of climbing per mile rides and I can get them all day here.

Reaction Score
I disagree about the cycling. The Northwest corner of CT is fantastically beautiful, quiet roads, plenty of challenging climbs and many little New England town stores for breaks. I lived in many different areas including the GTO, which I know is not Buffalo, but this is my favorite for cycling, other than central Vermont. But I like the hills. I like 100ft of climbing per mile rides and I can get them all day here.

Yes, I should have clarified that I was cycling around the coast, not northwest or even northeast.

I get you about the hills. South of Buffalo we have Appalachian foothills, so it's all uphill. Ride home is downhill of course.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom