Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets

Reaction Score
- rehashing this is boring
-Louisville would have already been vetted and approved long before they were announced. It doesn't just suddenly happen while someone is "on vacation".
-Previous admin was more than complacent enough to f things up on their own.
-He wasn't "on vacation". Let me guess he was eating donuts too? :rolleyes:
-I wasn't there, neither were you. Not going to give you "concrete evidence", just like you haven't given any "concrete evidence" that they were sitting on their rears.
Let's agree to disagree. I don't want to argue with you and as I like most of your posts. But I do believe that UConn was overconfident on that final round with the ACC.

Reaction Score
These pictures of the video conferencing has been leaked. Not sure which one is real.

1414100063-video-conferencing-dos-donts.jpg

Rumor has it this one took place at a FedEx office.

upload_2016-8-12_13-31-1.jpeg

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I'm torn on this. I think UConn is doing this the right way. Sadly, I confess that our modern world is so polluted by graft and corruption at every turn, that maybe it is expected in this situation. I'll hold out hope that our leaders know what they are doing, I trust them. I also know that their approach is the proper one. I hope that it is also the effective one, but I'm less sure of that. If it again fails, I will lose a little more faith in our institutions and the quality of people running them...and there's not much left to lose.

I do not think we were outplayed by Louisville. Louisville was a better fit for the ACC at the time than we were. The football schools wanted a football school. We were not a football school. Plus, we had BC working against us. No amount of Willington pizza and 2 Roads would have helped. To imply that the president and AD aren't working their tails off to get us into the B12 is laughable. They know that getting us to a P5 conference is the best thing for their own paychecks. They are hustling. Coffee is for closers, and they want a pair of large regulars from Dunks.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Let's agree to disagree. I don't want to argue with you and as I like most of your posts. But I do believe that UConn was overconfident on that final round with the ACC.
Agree on the overconfidence... Disagree who is to blame for that. :)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I do not think we were outplayed by Louisville. Louisville was a better fit for the ACC at the time than we were. The football schools wanted a football school. We were not a football school. Plus, we had BC working against us. No amount of Willington pizza and 2 Roads would have helped.
You are probably right. We should have gone right for the Frank Pepe's. Rookie mistake by two newcomers to the state.

Reaction Score
Don't be too hard on us who eat marinated mushrooms and drink Chardonnay. That was often on the menu for me as a UCFB season ticket holder before I primarily located to The Republic of the Union of Myannmar. Now it's more beer because of the weather and the fact that wine is relatively more expensive than other choices in this part of the world.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I do not think we were outplayed by Louisville. Louisville was a better fit for the ACC at the time than we were. The football schools wanted a football school. We were not a football school. Plus, we had BC working against us. No amount of Willington pizza and 2 Roads would have helped. To imply that the president and AD aren't working their tails off to get us into the B12 is laughable. They know that getting us to a P5 conference is the best thing for their own paychecks. They are hustling. Coffee is for closers, and they want a pair of large regulars from Dunks.

You've never heard me say otherwise and won't. I'm not talking about the decisions by presidents, I'm talking about why, when you see fan or local media polls who who they want, UConn is near the bottom. I do think the ACC made a mistake, but I understand why they took Louisville at the time they did. The Big 12 would make a similar mistake by not taking UConn now.

Reaction Score
This pretty much says all you need to know about Big 12 expansion.

Either the decision makers are a bunch of idiots, or they're bluffing and trying to get ESPN/Fox to panic at some of the schools they're "talking with" and pay them more money.

The latter is much more likely.

But if they are bluffing, they're overselling it. 17 teams? Are you freakin kidding me? I couldn't name 17 possible candidates if I threw in literally every school we've heard:

UConn, Cincy, Memphis, UH, BYU, Tulane, UCF, USF, ECU, Temple, CSU, New Mexico, SMU...uhh....Navy? Air Force?? I'm still 2 short
Is it too obvious to think 10 are the existing schools?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
We still have people arguing that our lack of "Twitter cheerleading" is putting us at a disadvantage? You folks honestly believe that university presidents are looking at "Twitter cheerleading" as their main indicator of who they should select?

200_s.gif

Reaction Score
UConn was apparently "penciled" in for the ACC at that time. They did not hit the iceberg until Louisville was announced. To go away on a vacation without getting a contract signed, in my ignorant opinion, is negligence. I hope that you can give me some concrete evidence that they did all that they could possibly do at that time. I frankly don't think so.

This is a made up narrative. There was a knee-jerk assumption by some in the media, but we were never "penciled-in", regardless of the self-serving declaration by Louisville's AD.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm surprised Rice didn't toss their hat in the ring.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Arkansas State is in, we're toast.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I still stand by my original prediction of UConn and BYU at a minimum. TV dollars. The only question mark is if the negative "honor code" publicity for BYU has derailed their campaign. Surprisingly to me, I've been somehow magically immune to negative feelings about our inclusion at this point.

Is it the vodka? Not sure. But for me, this thing goes back to TV dollars as it always does. Who the heck else moves the needle??? Nobody else from what I can tell...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm not suppose to drink because of the medication l'm on but I've reached the what the hell point.

Just remember: UConn means an automatic 13-0 for me...

13920233_1089188151161003_7067016938058163228_o.jpg

Reaction Score
But is the Big 12 really doing this or is it ESPN making it up?

The B12 is doing this to put pressure on ESPN/Fox - "You guys want input into the process? Pay up or we might do something cra-aaazy. Ever heard of Arkansas State? Us neither until 10 minutes ago! But get this, if we invite them, you have to pay us 8-figures a year in pro rata! Hahahaha."

The B12 is signaling that "rationality" from a programming perspective comes with a price tag.

ESPN is responding by shaming the B12 to make them look like fools to reign this negotiating tactic in a bit.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I am not talking about the Presidents, who are likely the liberal elite and conform to the perceived northeast culture anyway.

I'm talking about fans and local media. They see UConn the way I see San Francisco 49er fans, as people who tie sweaters around their shoulders and eat marinated mushrooms at football games while sipping a chardonnay (and yes the people in front of me at my one 49er game in Candlestick did just that).

The reality of UConn is different and it's a closer fit than they realize.

Who cares what the fans and local media think?
They're not going to be sitting at the table when the votes from the presidents are recorded.

Reaction Score
Usually I rent a house on Cape Cod in August. This year we tried something different (I'm in Westport, MA today). We hopped all over Connecticut, Rhode Island and south soast Mass. We have been blown away by Madison, CT, Hammonasset, East Lyme, Mystic and Mystic Seaport, Stonington, Watch Hill RI, Misquamicut, Narragansett, Newport and Second Beach, Little Compton and South Shore Beach, and tomorrow we visit old friends in Providence. We are blown away by the beauty. Those jamokes in Louisville can't hold a candle to this.

Reaction Score
Usually I rent a house on Cape Cod in August. This year we tried something different (I'm in Westport, MA today). We hopped all over Connecticut, Rhode Island and south soast Mass. We have been blown away by Madison, CT, Hammonasset, East Lyme, Mystic and Mystic Seaport, Stonington, Watch Hill RI, Misquamicut, Narragansett, Newport and Second Beach, Little Compton and South Shore Beach, and tomorrow we visit old friends in Providence. We are blown away by the beauty. Those jamokes in Louisville can't hold a candle to this.

Yeah but did you see any hookers and buy some blow?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be ironic if ESPN I'd actually trying to convince a reluctant XII to take the best TV property a available in UConn and some hayseed is whining about having to buy a winter coat?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom