Comcast Picks Up UConn Michigan Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Comcast Picks Up UConn Michigan Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I suppose it'd be a bridge too far to ask for High Def? Oh well. Better than 1st r.ow spor....ts.

I'll take it.

Reaction Score
Of course it's still not available on optimum (cablevision)
Same carrier that has taken CT broadcast channels away from us, I knew there was no chance they would look out for us on this one.

Reaction Score
My Comcast story. This morning I called them because I was having trouble with email (like, no email). After putting my account through some diagnostics (problem was at my end with my PC) the nice lady says "You've been with us for a long time, why hasn't anyone offer you a discount?" Huh? Bottom line they added the premium package (HBO, etc), added my phone line so I can drop my Frontier land line, and reduced my monthly charge by $40. They're definitely trying to keep the potential cord cutters.

Of course I'm dropping cable after UConn's BB season is over and switching to my Amazon Fire TV with MLB Gameday.

Are you sure you don't incur a penalty of something like $200 . Usually when they give you a contract decrease like that, that's a penalty you commit to. I've been there.

Reaction Score
Are you sure you don't incur a penalty of something like $200 . Usually when they give you a contract decrease like that, that's a penalty you commit to. I've been there.
Don't think so...I got the confirmation email and there's no mention of a penalty, confirms the discount. I've been paying full price for a while (12 years).

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Same carrier that has taken CT broadcast channels away from us, I knew there was no chance they would look out for us on this one.

Yea there's no way we get it on Optimum down here in the 6th borough unfortunately

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
My Comcast story. This morning I called them because I was having trouble with email (like, no email). After putting my account through some diagnostics (problem was at my end with my PC) the nice lady says "You've been with us for a long time, why hasn't anyone offer you a discount?" Huh? Bottom line they added the premium package (HBO, etc), added my phone line so I can drop my Frontier land line, and reduced my monthly charge by $40. They're definitely trying to keep the potential cord cutters.

Of course I'm dropping cable after UConn's BB season is over and switching to my Amazon Fire TV with MLB Gameday.
Yeah, well, us Yankees fans in southern CT aren't too happy with Comcast (which I switched to after ATT sold to Frontier and we had nothing but a problem a day for a month). Comcast and the YES network have split, and of, course, each blames the other. Comcast's version is highly suspect. They say YES just decided not to renew with them. YES says Comcast refused an offer which is in line with industry standards. But I don't care which story is true. I hate just switching back to Frontier mainly because I have the Comcast bundle and my email has been with comcast.net. But I'm going to switch because I want the option to watch Yankee games. I've heard Frontier has ironed out it's problems, but one way or the other, I want my channel ine-up.

Reaction Score
Yeah, well, us Yankees fans in southern CT aren't too happy with Comcast (which I switched to after ATT sold to Frontier and we had nothing but a problem a day for a month). Comcast and the YES network have split, and of, course, each blames the other. Comcast's version is highly suspect. They say YES just decided not to renew with them. YES says Comcast refused an offer which is in line with industry standards. But I don't care which story is true. I hate just switching back to Frontier mainly because I have the Comcast bundle and my email has been with comcast.net. But I'm going to switch because I want the option to watch Yankee games. I've heard Frontier has ironed out it's problems, but one way or the other, I want my channel ine-up.
I bet you that before the yankee season starts that they work a deal

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I bet you that before the yankee season starts that they work a deal
Yeah, I'm waiting until spring to see what happens. Once in a while I watch Michael Kay's excellent Center Stage shows, but otherwise don't miss YES in the off season.

Reaction Score
Just posted on cox's Facebook but they probably have no idea what UConn is and even less of an idea what AXS is. There were a few other people posting the same thing to their page.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Chips Pub 3?

@August_West
I don't think I'll be heading out tonight now that I can watch at home. With Fuzzy Baby Ducks on tap and August playing with some other fine musicians in New Haven, last night was a late one for me on a "school night" so I will be recliner-bound for the game tonight.

Reaction Score
I don't think I'll be heading out tonight now that I can watch at home. With Fuzzy Baby Ducks on tap and August playing with some other fine musicians in New Haven, last night was a late one for me on a "school night" so I will be recliner-bound for the game tonight.

Good call there - you saw August? cool like to do that myself sometime.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I sent a scathing email to Cox which I'm sure will lead to the game being telecast.
Don't tell me you sent a scathing email before you gave them a stern talking-to.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Good call there - you saw August? cool like to do that myself sometime.
Yep. He's worth seeing. Wish I could have stayed for the second set--sounded great but another set full of beers did not bode well for the drive home. Would be great to get a few of us at one of his shows some time.

Reaction Score
Well then.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    158.5 KB · Views: 64

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Dove said:
Chips Pub 3? @August_West

If you want to pay 8883 to represent me in my divorce, sure.

I was getting static when the game wasn't on TV and I mentioned going out. ( but she would've capitulated). Now that it's on ( and she knows it) I think I will have to exercise a rare turn of common sense and stay in tonight.

Let's do it next time. - and don't twist this into me blowing you off again :)

Getting up for work was particularly difficult today. I would thank god it's Thanksgiving tomorrow - except for, you know, having to choke down Turkey.

Good seeing you last night 8893.

Reaction Score
I'm sure I'll see the Michigan game, driving home tonight and if my mother's not getting it I'll just go out to a bar, I'm more worried about tomorrow's game which will be during Thanksgiving festivities. It may have already been discussed, but what network is that expected to be on? AXS TV also or does a UConn Syracuse game get automatic coverage by ESPN?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Irish Loop said:
Are there people somewhere who are happy with Comcast?

I am. My only problem with the is no msg channel ( rangers fan)

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I'm sure I'll see the Michigan game, driving home tonight and if my mother's not getting it I'll just go out to a bar, I'm more worried about tomorrow's game which will be during Thanksgiving festivities. It may have already been discussed, but what network is that expected to be on? AXS TV also or does a UConn Syracuse game get automatic coverage by ESPN?

If UConn wins, then Thanksgiving game and Friday game on ESPN network.

If UConn doesn't beat Michigan - well.... lets not go there. Beat Michigan !

atlantisbracket.0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET